HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Air Filter Issue? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
indynic

Expert Class
Lil Show, Lil Go
posted April 29, 2012 04:30 PM        
Air Filter Issue?

So I had the bike mostly apart and decided to check the BMC Filter while I was at it. I have about 7000 miles on this filter. I pulled off the air filter cover and there was no air filter in my bike. My first thought was "who worked on my bike."

The issue is no one worked on my bike except me. I took a flashlight and low and behold it is laying on the top of the throttle body boots inside the air box. WTF?

My BMC air filter got sucked out of the slots that hold it in place. Has anyone else had this problem? It was really dirty for only 7k miles. I still have the BMC box and BMC only recommends cleaning every 15000 miles.

My bike sees mostly track anymore, plus I have a 40 shot, just fyi. But, the stock filter never did this...pretty disappointed with the BMC right now. Its like the outer frame of the BMC filter is too flexible to stay in place.

Please advise....

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 29, 2012 04:45 PM        
My BMC fit like ass .. Never fell out but i could see in happening as bad as they fit ..

Ignore this member   
venomous_zx

Expert Class
2012 14r - low and long-
posted April 29, 2012 05:57 PM        
dam that sucks....literally. at least you know the filter works. for it to be laying directly on your velocity stacks and no bogging...

Ignore this member   
indynic

Expert Class
Lil Show, Lil Go
posted April 29, 2012 07:27 PM        
Thanks guys. I am going to take it back to where I bought it and see what BMC is willing to do about it. It's not going back in my bike though.
  Ignore this member   
SixSixoh6

Zone Head
posted April 29, 2012 07:49 PM        
my BMC fit like crap too. more so had to shove it in the airbox for it to go in. so i guess its good it fit tight

2009 ZX-14 SE--has two wheels and an engine

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted April 29, 2012 10:04 PM        
I just cleaned mine today, it seems to fit and filter fine. I use a little filter oil on the foam seal to help it slide down the track (maybe this is why mine fits good?)
Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
Rajun Cajun

Expert Class
posted April 30, 2012 10:18 AM        
I hope I dont have that prob... I havent put mine in yet.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Air Filter Issue? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.485223054886 seconds processing time