HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Need help with Electrical!!! 2005 ZX12R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
soldier7

Parking Attendant
posted April 25, 2012 08:38 PM        
Need help with Electrical!!! 2005 ZX12R

Hi, I have a couple of elec question for my 2005 zx12 if someone can help me.

(1) I know that the Speed Sensor Supply Voltage Wire gets its power from the clock meter, but does anyone know what the "Volts and Amps" are that are coming from the clock to the Sensor????

(2) I dont have the stock gauge meter on my bike so there is no where for me to connect the "#11 wire - Fuel Reserve Switch" to at the gauge meter. What does this wire do, can I just leave it or do I need to connect it to a manual toggle switch in order to turn on my fuel reserve???

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted April 25, 2012 09:02 PM        
there are not separate fuel chambers in the stock tank.the sending unit just flashes the lcd when fuel level gets that low.i had my fuel pump assembly out of my tank and saw no chambers.i have a 2000 to 2001 fuel pump for sale.

(1) I know that the Speed Sensor Supply Voltage Wire gets its power from the clock meter, but does anyone know what the "Volts and Amps" are that are coming from the clock to the Sensor????.........................DO NOT CONNECT ANY OTHER WIRE TO THIS CIRCUIT.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
soldier7

Parking Attendant
posted April 25, 2012 09:23 PM        
Hi Mark and thanks for the fuel info.. that's good looking out! I'll just leave that "Reserve Switch Wire" disconnected then. As for the Speed Sensor; my question still stands. I'm asking if anyone knows the "Volts and Amps" coming from the clock through that "Pink Wire" to the Sensor???
  Ignore this member   
soldier7

Parking Attendant
posted April 25, 2012 10:17 PM        
(With the bike running) Disconnect the "Sensor wire connection clip" at the lower left-side of the bike and put a Voltage Meter on it.. (+) on the metal tip of the "Pink wire connection" and (-) ground on the bike, and the Voltage Meter would tell me.

I could get the Volts then switch over and get the Amps too. The problem is, I no longer have the factory O.E.M. Meter on my bike and the power to the Sensor comes from the O.E.M. Clock so..

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted April 26, 2012 05:42 PM        
WHAT?!?!?!?

No "BUY A FUCKING MANUeL"??!??!?!!??!!?!

Hell must have froze over.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
soldier7

Parking Attendant
posted April 26, 2012 06:36 PM        
@ SHIPHTEEY, DUDE.. READ IT AGAIN. I'M NOT ASKING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO DO ALL THAT MESS. I'M SAYING WHAT "I COULD DO, IF I HAD THE O.E.M. GAUGE". THESE BOLGS ARE GREAT FOR INFO SHARING.. IT'S JUST THE FOLKZ LIKE YOUR SELF THAT CHIME IN ON HERE AND REMIND THE REST OF US OF THE FOOLS IN THIS WORLD. YOU REALLY HAD NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN YOUR SMALL WORLD 2DAY, OTHER THAN TO LOG ON HERE AND TYPE SOME RUDE TRASH LIKE THAT??? REALLYY???
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted April 27, 2012 03:52 AM        
Inside joke man. Its something ZX12Mark says to people all the time, not me.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
soldier7

Parking Attendant
posted April 27, 2012 10:30 AM        
In that case; my bad.. Being "a new guy" I'm not privy to any of the "inside jokes" yet. when I read it, it was under "your name" dude, but It's all good. Be even better once I find out the Volts and Amps going through this damn Pink wire.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Need help with Electrical!!! 2005 ZX12R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.948027849197 seconds processing time