HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Thank you NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
izmuk

Novice Class
09 no flies,pvc,muzzy,low.long
posted April 17, 2012 03:56 PM        
Thank you

Greetings fellow 14 riders. I have been riding since I was eight. My first ride was a Cushman scooter with a suicide two speed shifter. I went through lots of different bikes landing on Harleys for the last twenty plus years. My wife busted her knee cap and couldn’t ride anymore so I wanted something sporty. Last may I trader in my harley for a 09 zx14. It had 245 miles on it . i have been reading this forum since I bought the 14. Most of last year it was plenty fast . Towards the end of the year i was getting use to it and wanted to do some customizing. With my other bikes it was hit and miss when adding performance enhancements.. That’s where this e mail is going. I learned so much reading this forum and I feel all the things I am doing to my 14 will pay off. I learned how to take off the fairings from this forum. I bet I would have busted the little tabs if I didn’t have the post to read. I learned about pc’s and maps. I learned hid bulbs look good at 8k and my bulbs are H9 and H11 the higher number being the low beams. I learned one watt led bulbs look good for running lights. I bought (eBay) a m14 muzzy that came with a pcv and a bmc filter. I wanted to go with a brocks but the muzzy set was 1100.00 for all 3. I learned how to remove flies. heat ,Go slow and use a new #2 screw driver. This spring im rolling out extended six inches. I lowered it 2 inches. Muzzy 14 exhaust, no flies, pcv, water wetter. 41 tooth sprocket mobil one synthetic, puralator 14610 oil filter. I can’t wait. Fn winter in Chicago land. Thank you to every one of you that take the time to post real information on this site. I am truly grateful. John Kumzi

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted April 17, 2012 03:59 PM        
quote:
Greetings fellow 14 riders. I have been riding since I was eight. My first ride was a Cushman scooter with a suicide two speed shifter. I went through lots of different bikes landing on Harleys for the last twenty plus years. My wife busted her knee cap and couldn’t ride anymore so I wanted something sporty. Last may I trader in my harley for a 09 zx14. It had 245 miles on it . i have been reading this forum since I bought the 14. Most of last year it was plenty fast . Towards the end of the year i was getting use to it and wanted to do some customizing. With my other bikes it was hit and miss when adding performance enhancements.. That’s where this e mail is going. I learned so much reading this forum and I feel all the things I am doing to my 14 will pay off. I learned how to take off the fairings from this forum. I bet I would have busted the little tabs if I didn’t have the post to read. I learned about pc’s and maps. I learned hid bulbs look good at 8k and my bulbs are H9 and H11 the higher number being the low beams. I learned one watt led bulbs look good for running lights. I bought (eBay) a m14 muzzy that came with a pcv and a bmc filter. I wanted to go with a brocks but the muzzy set was 1100.00 for all 3. I learned how to remove flies. heat ,Go slow and use a new #2 screw driver. This spring im rolling out extended six inches. I lowered it 2 inches. Muzzy 14 exhaust, no flies, pcv, water wetter. 41 tooth sprocket mobil one synthetic, puralator 14610 oil filter. I can’t wait. Fn winter in Chicago land. Thank you to every one of you that take the time to post real information on this site. I am truly grateful. John Kumzi
Welcome.

wee

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted April 17, 2012 04:04 PM        Edited By: Bad in Black on 17 Apr 2012 23:05
Welcome John and yep this place is great. For 14 performance, you can't beat this place for the combined knowledge. World champion drag racers, world class tuners, and some of the fastest 1/4 mile racers around. Alot of folks have to pay for the info you can get from here. And some pretty cool guys as well
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted April 17, 2012 07:12 PM        
Welcome !!!

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted April 17, 2012 07:40 PM        
Welcome John to a great site for 14 owners.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted April 17, 2012 09:52 PM        
That was a cool first post..Welcome.
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted April 18, 2012 07:03 AM        
these guys know their shit and don`t know how to go slow.....thats a good thing
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Thank you NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.824004173279 seconds processing time