HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: gel seat NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
dragon rider

Novice Class
Dragon Rider
posted May 08, 2010 03:42 AM        
gel seat

Finally!!! I finally found someone who could do something about the most uncomfortable seat i've ever sat on. After a full days ride the seat chaffs the inside of you legs. Today a guy is coming by to pick up my seat to install "a propoly cushion" Not sure what its made of but I made a sign for him a month ago and he told me what it was supposed to do. We use the stock seat cover, he carves the existing foam down 3/8s of an inch and replaces that with the new gel. Apparently its supposed to relieve stress areas & wont change shape from what we make of it. I told him the seat cant be higher in the front, doesnt need to be farther back than where the seat flares out so he going to carve it to fit where I said. I hope it works, i told him he can't make it worse. I will let you know how it works out before I start promoting his work. If he does a crappy job I will say so. He has a website too which i'll put up if I'm happy. He uses the stock seat cover too, can put it back on. That was a big thing for me as the other upholsters around here wanted to build up the front and replace the seat cover with crappy vinyl. I just stopped riding the bike any distance. The closest challenging corners is a 7hr ride. The trip there isnt too bad but coming back is misery as it feels like the inside of your legs are bleeding. Not much fun. The 04-05 seat and the 06-07 seat were excellent as I had an 05 and never had any problems, but the carved beveled seat on the 08 does not leave much foam on the edge and thats the problem area. Great for cornering, terrible for road trips. Will take photos unless the work is crap.

Ignore this member   
dragon rider

Novice Class
Dragon Rider
posted May 11, 2010 02:15 PM        
New seat is on and ready. $160.00 and im happy. havnt had a long trip opn the new seat but it fells better already and almost looks stock.

Ignore this member   
dragon rider

Novice Class
Dragon Rider
posted May 11, 2010 02:18 PM        
www.propolycushioning.com, told the guy I would put up his website if he did a good job.

will let you know how the first long road trip goes.

Ignore this member   
dragon rider

Novice Class
Dragon Rider
posted May 24, 2010 07:38 AM        
Well the verdict is in. Went for the first road trip on the new seat. It was great. No more chaffing. I rode all day first day. Besides being a little sore from not riding enough nothing else hurt. Very happy camper.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 26, 2010 09:49 AM        
Very good news. I am going to look into those seats for my bikes.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: gel seat NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.584402084351 seconds processing time