HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: Suches in May - Who's committed on going NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted March 16, 2008 02:55 PM        
Personally I will be staying at the Skeenah Creek Campground, Mrs Martha has always done right by the ZRXOA, and myself anytime I have been there. Its about 12 miles north of Suches where TWO is located. There are any number of cabin rentals near either location. Like I mentioned earlier, anyone that wants to rough it so to speak, there are shower facilities on site at Skeenah. And there are sites that have just electricity as well, or full hookups for those that are RVing like myself.

If you stay at TWO, there have some 2 man cabins for rent, and also 3 bedroom trailers located at the airport. which is about 1 miles east of the main lodge. Not sure if the airport is still associated with TWO as something happend between Brit and GT, the owners of TWO, and I think it was her dad who owned the airport. I am not privy to that info. But associated or not, there are still places available there at the airport. And they have a nice pavillion there with tables chairs and even some couches, if the weather gets crappy.

Its getting close fellas, need some input from you all as to whom is doing what? Its obvious that Shem and I will be there, and it sounds like Steve, and Brian are serious about wanting to ride. I know Mark will come down and drink a few beenrs atleast, and as I will have the ZX10 and the ZX12 there, maybe we can get him back out on a bike and give him the fever again.

ok guys, its getting down to crunch time, lets hear it.......

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted March 27, 2008 10:30 AM        
you all suck.....its only 2 months away....

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted March 27, 2008 03:40 PM        
Couple of things are working against me, first having to travel the weekend before to a graduation in east GA and then back to S. Florida. I travel on business all the time and have a gazillion sky miles I wanted to use for a free Marriott stay. However, the only accommodation's I'm finding are campgrounds/cabins, no Marriott properties near Suches?

I really want to make this one with you all. At the beginning of May I'll be riding in Tennesse/NC/the Gap/Cheroholla Skyway/Robinsville etc etc and it will be a grand slam if i could pull off Suches at the end of the month.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted March 27, 2008 04:57 PM        
Steve there is no marriot or any hotel near Suches, the closest you might find one is in Helen GA. Its about a 30 minute ride from Skeenah....its a great little town, the next closest city would prolly be Clevland GA. You might find something in Blue Ridge TN, or in Blairsville GA, which will be close to there as well.

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted March 29, 2008 03:38 PM        
I am counting the days. Just got back from there, It was fun, still a lot of shit on the roads. We went to west GA that day and it was fun. Over old fort mountain and into a town I think called Cloudland or Cloudville, something like that. Very senic! I am heading back next weekend, prolly try out 129 and 180 and 60 then, see if they are any better shape. HAHA, LOL...............
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted March 29, 2008 09:41 PM        
bastard......but atleast you can give us road reports....I know you are in for the rally Brett, what about Roger?

Any of the rest of you ready to chime in???

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted March 30, 2008 06:03 AM        
I dont know about Roger, he is and has been involved with work and '90 mustangs. To early to tell.
  Ignore this member   
Scooter

Zone Head
posted April 08, 2008 10:06 PM        Edited By: Scooter on 8 Apr 2008 23:08
I wish I was coming. Skeenah and Mrs Martha are the best. Good people. No 12 anymore but I'm still in the ZRXOA. Had the suspension on the Rex worked over too. But with a 3 week shutdown at work, along with being the last week of school, my youngest and her boyfriend wanting to come to Road America with us the following weekend and this monthly jury duty thing I'm saddled with it's just about impossible. Got another ZRX rally in Colorado two weeks later we were trying to make, never been there. 6-7K miles in a month is just way too much driving involved. Now if it were all on a bike.......

Brett, that 11 is lookin' mighty fine.

HDL, pm me some contact info.

And BTW 3-5 in of snow here tonight. bastages.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Scooter's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted April 13, 2008 06:10 PM        
pm sent Greg...

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted April 14, 2008 02:40 PM        
Thanks, Greg, I am doing the suspention in a couple of weeks and I will be done......Hope everything is well up there. I hear ya on the damn cold weather. We are getting a cold blast right now as well. It will be over soon down here. Oh...I talked to Roger and he is going, planning to anyway.

Jim....Whats up fukr? Prolly 80 damn degrees down there aint it.

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted April 14, 2008 05:13 PM        
Good to hear Brett....I hope Roger can make it.....Greg I am sorry that you prolly wont, would have been great to see you again.

Its been about 80 here during the day...

Ignore this member   
Nukedog

Expert Class
posted April 15, 2008 03:51 PM        
Has anything been decided or set in stone?

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted April 15, 2008 05:49 PM        
Well I do believe that the last weekend in May was the choice.....someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted April 25, 2008 03:19 PM        
Closer it became, the more it looked like I wouldn't make it... now I know, can't go

Leaving for Charleston in two weeks for firearms instructor school, and won't be back in time.

Maybe next time.

Jim, if you're gonna be at Arroyo this weekend, Roger is letting us have the track inbetween classes on Sunday, like last time. Gonna bring the CRF450R-SM I just acquired. I wanna get some seat time on it before putting it on the kart track with the dirt section, lol. Also bringin the DRZ. Hope to see ya there.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Matt Sterbator's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted April 25, 2008 07:40 PM        
I am there now Brian....

any other updates on who is going. I got my leave approved and so did the wife...so its a done deal for me...

Ignore this member   
crashtech

Zone Head
posted April 27, 2008 04:40 AM        
Its kinda up in the air for me now. I got so much planned this year i dont even think i have enough vacation time. I will make it for the weekend but not the whole week. I am planning a 2 week 4000 mile trip through the rocky mountains from Utah to Canada Aug. 16-30. Then Sep. 13-16 I am going to the Moto GP race at Indy. Plus going to Gatlinburg for a week with the family in July. Were going to FL but with gas going to the stratosphere, that got veto'ed. My work will probably bark but fuck-em, they know I will just stay home and make three times what they pay me.
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted April 28, 2008 02:00 PM        
Sorry I missed you Brian, I had bike issues and it cut short my weekend...

Brett.....you and Roger better show up atleast for the weekend...

Who else is planning on making a show, or is it gonna be just me again this year? Sherm are you still in? Rick? Chris? Dave? Steve? Anyone?

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted April 28, 2008 03:02 PM        
I'm still working on it, but its still slim ....
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted May 05, 2008 05:28 PM        
quote:
Who else is planning on making a show, or is it gonna be just me again this year? Sherm are you still in?

Hate to say it, but I'm out.

My son's wedding this weekend and their honeymoon afterwards will tap me out financially.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get some more folks to commit to dates and housing for next year, since I'll neither have work or kids getting married (he's the last one) to get in my way.

Ya'll be safe and have fun.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted May 05, 2008 06:15 PM        
dam Sherm..... congrats to your kid, but dam man......

Hopefully a few people will still make it, doesnt look good though....Might end up being just Brett Roger and myself...and maybe Mark if he can swing over there.

Ignore this member   
jbnavy

Parking Attendant
posted May 10, 2008 06:35 AM        
the Navy has been dragging its feet kicking me out. Im not getting out until july 29. Good news is that my last paycheck will be about 26000 after taxes. new bike anyone?????

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted May 10, 2008 05:58 PM        
I will take a new one if your buying....how about a new 06 ZX6R race prepped???? lol

Ignore this member   
jbnavy

Parking Attendant
posted May 11, 2008 09:32 AM        
your a funny guy........ I got to figure out what to get me......

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted May 11, 2008 03:33 PM        
I have a 2006 Vulcan Nomad I will make you a really good deal on......

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted May 12, 2008 07:44 AM        
HDL, we voted on these dates and now they aren't working for everyone which is unfortunate. but if it comes down to just you on this ride, maybe enjoy the fact my slow self isn't holding you up and have fun -

then maybe we can reschedule a group ride for a date that will work ? I'm all about riding but I have a graduation trip I have to make in the midst of the planned Suches extravaganza
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DEALS GAP BIKELAND RALLIES > Thread: Suches in May - Who\'s committed on going NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25255584716797 seconds processing time