Honda VFR1200F / VFR 1200 F / VFR1200
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VFR1200.com > Thread: Stick a Fork in It - They're Done - A Bad Economy Swallows up Buell NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
SteveWFL

posted November 16, 2009 02:25 AM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 16 Nov 2009 18:25
quote:
I was talking about the AMA trying to save buell by letting them run in the 600 class. It shouldn't be in the same class with 600's but it is in the AMA.

I agree 100%.....yeah, like DUC...they have to cheat to stay in the game
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted November 16, 2009 11:41 AM        
I also don't think they should have been allowed either, but then again thre did not cheat either. the bike fit the rules ama made so it's not cheating. i was shocked it still won the championship I really thought a 600 would still win it.
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted November 16, 2009 12:25 PM        
I wasn't shocked. double the size engine and it being a ROTAX...

I'm just surprised DUC can't perform better against a litre bike Yamaha with its cheat factor
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted November 17, 2009 01:53 PM        
quote:
quote:
I was talking about the AMA trying to save buell by letting them run in the 600 class. It shouldn't be in the same class with 600's but it is in the AMA.

I agree 100%.....yeah, like DUC...they have to cheat to stay in the game

Talk about an unfair advantage! Must be nice for the buell guys

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted November 17, 2009 02:00 PM        
Game over dont have to be a production bike

Ignore this member   
Fantomet

Expert Class
zx12r2000
posted November 22, 2009 07:03 PM        
Just as well!
Never liked them!
Pc3
180rwhp
Step aside folks - comin through!!

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 22, 2009 11:30 PM        
quote:
I also don't think they should have been allowed either, but then again thre did not cheat either. the bike fit the rules ama made so it's not cheating. i was shocked it still won the championship I really thought a 600 would still win it.

Just like harley and buell in NHRA... Lets face it. If it's american run it's going to have the cards stacked in an american products favor.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
SteveWFL

posted November 23, 2009 12:15 AM        
quote:
quote:

Just like harley and buell in NHRA... Lets face it. If it's american run it's going to have the cards stacked in an american products favor.

+1

and why AMA road racing is going out of business, just like that crap buell

flat track used to be popular way back when too
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 06:49 AM        
you relly think that letting buell in for one year is why the ama programs are hurting that's funny. looki at ama prostar that shit is washed up to.
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted November 23, 2009 06:52 AM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 23 Nov 2009 22:52
quote:
you relly think that letting buell in for one year is why the ama programs are hurting that's funny. looki at ama prostar that shit is washed up to.

no sir, thats only one of many many many reasons.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 06:58 AM        
I would say even tho it was not fair in mnay poeples eyes that has nothing to do with ama's trouble.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 23, 2009 08:12 AM        
more buell BS.... harley's letting him race n& supporting him, and harley just partnered with Hyosung.... the whole thing stinks if you ask me.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted November 23, 2009 08:18 AM        
How is ama prostar washed up? Just at a event a few weeks ago and their were hundreds of bikes there.. We've never had a big turnout of people at our local track, so this wasn't any different than any other race. Please explain bently.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 08:26 AM        
quote:
How is ama prostar washed up? .

cause they are full of shit on the rules and play favorites . and people get sick of it ..

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 08:39 AM        
Ya hundreds of bikes for street et and pro et. how about the classes how where those turn outs? and don't get me started on real street the beginner class that takes 7.90's at 185 plus to be competive. IMO prostar is a joke.
  Ignore this member   
14nooby

Zone Head
posted November 23, 2009 09:01 AM        
Unfortunatly all sports are like that, those with the deepest wallets are succesful. There are only like 3 to 4 guys running those times in a field of roughly 15 bikes. If I had the money to turbo my bike I would run those numbers as well. They do play favorites though!!!
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted November 23, 2009 09:26 AM        
quote:
Ya hundreds of bikes for street et and pro et. how about the classes how where those turn outs? and don't get me started on real street the beginner class that takes 7.90's at 185 plus to be competive. IMO prostar is a joke.

I bet there were 120-150 in each class of pro et and street et.
I agree with ya that the "beginner class" is running 7.90's.
The fat ass SOB that does the tech needs to get his ass off his shoulders. He acts like he got picked on all his life and now he's taking it out on everyone else... they have to have the rules because these guys with more money than sense push everything to the limits, making us "normal" guys out of it

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 11:24 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 24 Nov 2009 03:28
quote:
quote:

The fat ass SOB that does the tech needs to get his ass off his shoulders. He acts like he got picked on all his life and now he's taking it out on everyone else... they have to have the rules because these guys with more money than sense push everything to the limits, making us "normal" guys out of it

the rulez i'm taking about is what the fatazz SOB makes -up.. not what mods you have to your bike for which class you run ..

i know of peoples that drove 2000miles just to get rejected cause their helmet was snell and not dot .. or go buy a new dot helmet .. or the theather was the wrong material even with the bike having a tilt sensor ..

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted November 23, 2009 11:38 AM        
That's what I'm talking about. They passed my kill switch with a plastic clip but wouldn't nooby. It shouldn't matter because they have tipover sensors.

Ignore this member   
3Boysand3Bikes

Expert Class
posted November 23, 2009 05:02 PM        
I think that the AMA was getting another brand in racing to get more fans. Let's face it, Harley guys (I say that in general) don't like track racing because the bikes are all 'rice burners'. They don't care to watch the races let alone spend money at the track. You allow Buell (or Harley several years ago) to race yo uget more sponsors and another set of fans. Of course the Buell can't compete within the rules so they try to 'even' it up. The same they did with Harley in early 2000. They also did the same with the RC51. The V-twins handled well but didn't have the motor so they tried to even it up. THe RC-51 was hard to beat with the rules they set up. I don't really agree with it but nobody ran away with anything so the bikes were pretty even. It was still 'good' racing. It was a business move to get more manufacturers in the AMA. (my opinion...) They also changed the mods in the formula extreme etc... to try to help everyone compete so it is not just the 'big' manufacturers. Lately there were more 'privateers' that were competing with the top names. The racing field was actually a lot more even all the way around. I think the bigger problem that they are facing is that they are like the B-team in racing and the young talent goes over seas to race. The GP bikes are big money and have many countries involved with sponsorship as well as more "world class" racing. The AMA has to survive in the states. Remember the good ole days when you could watch almost every race on 'Speedvision'? It is not fun to just check the standings on the computer... you have to follow it. Now it is almost impossible to see any TV time. In this economy it really comes down to 'what have you done for me lately' and the AMA is not cutting it. They are now trying to evolve into what people are willing to spend money on, and for that I give them credit. As far as the drag racing, I don't really follow that anymore so I don't know the problems they face in that arena. It will probably not get much better because it seems that more people are into the stunters... and super cross. Many of us 40-50 year olds were lucky enough to see the prime of the motorcycle racing but they are struggling now. If that means that they have to allow bikes to have more mods to keep it going I guess I am for that. If they get to the point of full dressers getting a 3 lap head start I think then they have gone too far.. ha ha
  Ignore this member   
rtbain

Expert Class
old, fat and slow
posted November 23, 2009 07:20 PM        Edited By: rtbain on 24 Nov 2009 11:25
What motorcycle drag racing really needs is a version of 'Pinks'. Grass roots racing works if promoted properly.

The AMA has always been more concerned about lining its own pockets and protecting favorites than promoting racing. And I am a life member.

As for Buell, I think it’s very sad to see a bike that was coming along die. Finally free of the requisite Harley engine they were making real progress.

Eric Buell starts his own company and built to his own design criteria. It took major juevos to do that. I give kudos to the guy for trying.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit rtbain's homepage. 
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2009 09:28 PM        
quote:
It shouldn't matter because they have tipover sensors.

thats AMA prostar thinking right there .. theathers are for snowmobiles not motorcycles.. maybe we need to replace the leather theather every year.. like the car guys have to replace seat-belts due to sun fade..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VFR1200.com > Thread: Stick a Fork in It - They\'re Done - A Bad Economy Swallows up Buell NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42858195304871 seconds processing time