Honda VFR1200F / VFR 1200 F / VFR1200
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VFR1200.com > Thread: VFR 1200 188 HP NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
bruno nadeau

Expert Class
posted September 27, 2009 06:00 AM        
VFR 1200 188 HP

this is from my local honda dealer that just come back from a meeting with honda canada.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted September 27, 2009 06:04 AM        
Run that through a shaft drive, and *poof* 150 rwhp, or less...
  Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted September 27, 2009 06:24 AM        
Yea, the 14 was 200hp was their first advertisements... To the crank

Ignore this member   
gumbybob

Novice Class
posted September 27, 2009 07:29 AM        
Doesn't have to be the FASTEST to be a cool bike to own. Shane IS right on the dissapearing HP with shafts, of course.
Plus magazines say you can set to totally auto-shift OR use clutchless pushbutton shifting.

It'll be interesting to see the test articles in the magazines when they come out.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted September 27, 2009 08:14 AM        
for a sport-tourer, it'll be a super-nice bike for sure
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted September 27, 2009 09:39 AM        
Good bike but I dont care for the look of the front end

Ignore this member   
Bad in Black

Expert Class
posted September 27, 2009 12:01 PM        
I doubt its going to set the world on fire performance wise......there's only so much a 1200cc V-four can do compared to whats out there now. But I bet its going to be a pretty sweet sport-tourer, and I still don't think its going to be a slug either lol.
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted September 27, 2009 12:15 PM        
Honda could have made it a 1450 cc V4 with a chain drive and go after the Busa and 14
if that's what they wanted to measure against ... I guess they never intended that.

Should be a good bike, just not my cup of tea.

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted September 27, 2009 05:51 PM        
I guess honda is not gonna participate in the fastest bike wars? Guess the blackbird was it.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted September 27, 2009 08:16 PM        
It's a shame Honda does not make a Faster "Blackbird" I always liked the fit and finish
Honda has always had. I rode a 1983 CB1100F for years finally sold it when I got my
new 1998 Red ZX-9R. I still have my old 1986 FJ1200 too, wish I had kept the Honda.

The more I ride my ZX-14 the better I like it. More Torque and the brakes are Great for
such a Big Fast motorcycle. This Kaw ZX-14 is a Keeper.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted September 29, 2009 01:27 AM        
I loved my 83 CB1100F. Lots of fun to ride. I hope Honda does go with a new Blackbird.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
rich s

I was out riding last night on the 14 and the new VFR pulled up. I was VERY curious as to how he had one and he told me it was a pre-production model he was testing. He was not from the area so I took him to my favorite roads to see what it could do. I could not keep up in the twisties or the straights. We did some roll-ons and he smoked me in every gear. I could not believe how fast this bike was. During the last race as he was pulling a head of me I looked down and noticed he had a pink chain and sprocket. After some deep thought I realized I was trapped in one of Bawls dreams and pulled over and looked around. I thought it was weird that on every corner there was a gay bar. Not sure what that means and before I could figure it out I woke up.
  Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted September 29, 2009 02:03 AM        

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted September 29, 2009 01:30 PM        
quote:
I was out riding last night on the 14 and the new VFR pulled up. I was VERY curious as to how he had one and he told me it was a pre-production model he was testing. He was not from the area so I took him to my favorite roads to see what it could do. I could not keep up in the twisties or the straights. We did some roll-ons and he smoked me in every gear. I could not believe how fast this bike was. During the last race as he was pulling a head of me I looked down and noticed he had a pink chain and sprocket. After some deep thought I realized I was trapped in one of Bawls dreams and pulled over and looked around. I thought it was weird that on every corner there was a gay bar. Not sure what that means and before I could figure it out I woke up.

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted September 29, 2009 01:33 PM        
i read a book once on what dreams meant, I think you where a bartender in you previous life.
  Ignore this member   
rich s

Actually I was a bartender in this life. Off topic but a good story.

I shoot competitive pool and travel around playing in tournies. They had one at one of the local pool halls so of course I got in. My buddy owns the place and had a bartender working there that was smoking hot. I ended up winning the tournament and was hitting on her the entire time. She was the woman of my dreams. Next day I went back down there and she was there. I got an application and applied for a job. My buddy the owner calls me right away knowing that I already have a great job wondering what was up. I told him to hire me so I could get to know this bartender and he does not even have to pay me. He did and purposely scheduled me to work with her. Long story short she had a boyfriend for 5 years but after 2 months I me whoooing her she finally caved and we went on a date. Next day she dumped her boyfriend, 2 months later we were engaged, 6 months later we were married and have been for the last 12 years. Best wife a guy could ask for.

Back on topic, I love VFR's!

Ignore this member   
Beondwacko

Expert Class
posted September 30, 2009 02:44 AM        
quote:
I guess honda is not gonna participate in the fastest bike wars? Guess the blackbird was it.

That's exactly why I jumped ship and went to Kawasaki. I had never owned a Kawi' before and yeah, I knew that generally speaking they were quick, but I also knew that my Blackbird was basically bullet proof in the state of tune it was in. I wasn't going to wait any longer for Honda to get off it's ass and get competitive in the bike class I was going to be owning. I waited YEARS for a new XX and nothing. Me and thousands of others waited and waited for nothing.

Ignore this member   
HiMile14

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2009 11:39 AM        
Fish,
Did Honda send you Information on the VFR's or are they sending everything via Internet?

Ignore this member   
motostar621

Parking Attendant
posted August 31, 2010 06:04 AM        
Ok for starters the true hp is 173 hp, 2nd the true dyno tuned hp is 162 RWHP. Now back to the guy ranting that it will be a 150hp or less...Seriously dude what the fuck, get a job and a life... I work for the midwests largest Honda dealership and There is not a hole lot I dont know about bikes...THe vfr is a horrible bike and the 800 would walk circles around the new 1200...Point in fact we have done it...I dont want a mercedes luxury sportbike, I want a bike thats super smooth and amazing which is the vfr 800...Anyone got anything to say by all means start blasting

Ignore this member   
Lucky14

Pro
posted August 31, 2010 06:28 AM        
quote:
Seriously dude what the fuck, get a job and a life... I work for the midwests largest Honda dealership and ..............

You treat all your potential customers this way?

Ignore this member   
Lucky14

Pro
posted August 31, 2010 06:35 AM        
Oh, I don't normally feed the trolls, but I'm trying to get my post count up ....................

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 31, 2010 06:36 AM        
Wow nice first post ....

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted August 31, 2010 06:40 AM        
quote:
Wow nice first post ....

+1!

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
fasterspider

Needs a job
Red is faster
posted August 31, 2010 06:41 AM        
Go back to work at your bruncle dealer you fucking idiot and shut up.

My VFR1200F is the nicest bike I ever sat my ass on, I love it.
You don't own a VFR1200F so until you do, keep your ignorant mouth shut.
Asshole!
Ray #1

Sold all of my bikes and bought a Toyota rock crawler
Your mama's bedroom smells like ass

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted August 31, 2010 07:02 AM        
I've never seen a vfr 800 keep up with me .
But I have seen Ray's VFR 1200 keep up.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VFR1200.com > Thread: VFR 1200 188 HP NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42002892494202 seconds processing time