2009 VMAX YAMAHA
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VMAX-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 Vmax ride vid... NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 25, 2008 08:06 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 25 Aug 2008 21:07
2009 Vmax ride vid...

not me.... cool vid though!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted August 25, 2008 08:14 PM        
Sure, pop the clutch out with a hand full of throttle and any bike with over a 100 hp can leave blackies too

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted August 26, 2008 09:34 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 26 Aug 2008 10:37
Nice video, wish I was there with them! Those are my kind of corners, was a deja vu thing since I just got back from a ride like that sunday. With more lean angle of course! lol

Those Vmax's have some good power, though. Awesome torque and rev well, too. Can't wait to hear how much power the tuners are gonna get out of them once they uncork them! After all, Yama---errr, "Star", claims to have gotten over 275hp out of the engine before detuning it for the street!!! THAT would put a grin on even Crotch Rocket's face I bet.
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted August 26, 2008 10:09 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 26 Aug 2008 11:12
quote:
claims to have gotten over 275hp out of the engine before detuning it for the street!!! THAT would put a grin on even Crotch Rocket's face I bet.

Crotch R. smiles?? I doubt it...

New V-max should have the power to please your normal human being......heavy albeit...major sin in dragracing..being too heavy...oh well...

Be nice to ride one for a weekend....

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 26, 2008 01:10 PM        
nice cruiser
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted August 26, 2008 01:55 PM        
PHUCKING WORTHLESS

Ignore this member   
ratbyk

Expert Class
posted August 26, 2008 03:06 PM        
Oh my, I wish I could ride as smooth as that guy and had a bike with that much power!!!

What horrible demo video clip. Can't ride worth s--t and all that power appeared to mostly induction noise. I'm sure the bike is better than what we saw on that clip.

Ignore this member   
SigP220

Parking Attendant
posted August 26, 2008 04:21 PM        Edited By: SigP220 on 26 Aug 2008 17:24
quote:
Yama---errr, "Star", claims to have gotten over 275hp out of the engine before detuning it for the street!!! THAT would put a grin on even Crotch Rocket's face I bet.

It would have to still push that 275hp at the wheel for me to pay 18k for one. With that said its a nice looking bike, just not 18k worth is all. I forget what article I read it in, but it said that the new Vmax in its current form was pushing 197hp at the crank. And if that's the case I dont think this will be beating any 14's or busa's.

Ignore this member   
duncan

Expert Class
posted August 26, 2008 05:32 PM        
I would rather have one than a b-king.
  Ignore this member   
wrenchhead

Novice Class
posted August 26, 2008 05:38 PM        
not a yamaha fan, but i would like to demo one just to check one out
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted August 26, 2008 05:46 PM        
you could push around vrod riders for sure wirh one off these babies.....
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted August 28, 2008 02:44 AM        
quote:
PHUCKING WORTHLESS

Whats wrong bad...don't like 700lbs being pushed around by 197 horsies? lol. At least its cheap And it seemed to have lots of cornering clearance..........

Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted August 28, 2008 06:05 AM        
I think it's a cool bike ... At 18k no way am i buying one .... 10,500 i would think about buying one .. 9,200 i'd be all over it like a hobo on a ham samwich ....I think better bike if you wanted that type of bike would be B-King ....
I wish Kawi would do a zrx1400 and make it 64 inch wheel base ..That is more my type of bike ..

Ignore this member   
Old Guy

Expert Class
posted August 29, 2008 06:12 AM        
My kind of cruiser!
Always did like the Vmax concept.
Those guys need a Keith Code riding school or something. Alot of crossed up body positions! But hell with that kind of torque you might need to ride it like a flattracker!
pcIII w/custom map
NO freakin flies!!
GP suspension forks
Penske rear shock
Rich's custom seat
And a whole bunch of other stuff.

97 zx6r full race bike with all the
good stuff

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted August 29, 2008 07:49 AM        
LOVETHE LOOK OF THAT VMAX
  Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted August 29, 2008 08:07 AM        
Old Guy, I noticed the same thing. Funny, they ride it like I ride my 14, ready and expecting the backend to come around on me. I used to never ride like that until I got the 14... hell, I didn't even realize I had changed my style until I saw a video of me!
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
shane661

Needs a life
posted August 29, 2008 08:13 AM        Edited By: shane661 on 29 Aug 2008 09:14
The bike looks like a LOT of fun to me. We are definitely going to see some fast modified bikes. Once it get's chain drive installed...look out! 1.7L of engine has massive potential.

On a seperate note, this bike is not about raw numbers, obviously. It is more about the "experience". A new supercar can walk all over a Shelby 427 Cobra...but it doesn't offer the same experience....

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted August 29, 2008 08:45 AM        
quote:
you could push around vrod riders for sure wirh one off these babies.....

you can do that with a GEN 1...

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted October 03, 2008 08:30 AM        
Fish, Yamaha MUST be sending you one to ride, they know the public values your opinion. When does it arrive for the Fish take ?

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 03, 2008 11:39 AM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 3 Oct 2008 19:40
is it my eye-sight, or was the riders held back in the turns because something is scraping quicker than goldwing hard parts

looks like a fun bike though
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
ninjanick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted October 04, 2008 06:48 AM        
Cool vid, but humorous how they kept sticking their knees out like they were going to get low on that pig.
  Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted October 05, 2008 06:06 AM        
quote:
The bike looks like a LOT of fun to me. We are definitely going to see some fast modified bikes. Once it get's chain drive installed...look out! 1.7L of engine has massive potential.

On a seperate note, this bike is not about raw numbers, obviously. It is more about the "experience". A new supercar can walk all over a Shelby 427 Cobra...but it doesn't offer the same experience....

...perfect analogy....its the way it makes you feel

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted October 05, 2008 06:08 AM        
quote:
quote:

...perfect analogy....its the way it makes you feel ....Palomar is a nice road when the cops and squids stay away

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted October 05, 2008 07:00 AM        
There's a guy on a goldwing that rides the tail of the dragon, that can outrun 90% of the sportbikes up there lol. Then again, he rides it everyday taking video for people so i'm pretty sure that he knows the road really well :P.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted October 05, 2008 08:59 AM        
Jeff Martin told me he outran a group of Ducati's up around Diablo Dam on his Goldwing. When he mentioned riding with them, one of the noobs made the mistake of saying "IF you can keep up" then laughing about the thought. He smoked them on the way down the mountain. Probably didn't hurt that he lives there and can ride that road with his eyes closed. Or that he used to race. lol
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VMAX-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 Vmax ride vid... NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21588516235352 seconds processing time