2009 VMAX YAMAHA
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VMAX-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
earld

Parking Attendant
posted July 09, 2008 08:33 AM        
Well, as we all know the economy is it the pits right now and does not seem to be improving. There will be a select few that can afford and will buy the Max based on all the hype. I do not think that it will run with a 14 but who knows? If it is a 9 flat bike then it will sell even at 18k, but, based on the specs I do not think it will be anywhere near that.
Harley has developed a unique plan. My dealer tells me that they are going to close a plant and scale back production to 2003 levels. He states his allotment for 09 will be the same as 2003. Based on current and future forecasts the supply will then be well below the demand creating (once again) long lead times and marked up prices. I know back when you had to order a Harley and wait a year, a lot of people were placing orders and then selling the bike, for a huge markup when the bike came in. Dealers will be doing the same thing---getting a new bike-riding it around the block and then selling it as used at a markup. Who said Harley was dumb?

Ignore this member   
wrenchhead

Novice Class
posted July 09, 2008 09:03 AM        
quote:
I can't wait till some bone head buys one and pulls up next to me and tells me he owns the fastest 1/4 mile bike in the world .. I'll be gone so fast he will need a telescope to see my tag ....

+1 Smokin......Bring on the V-max

Ignore this member   
cunundrum

Parking Attendant
posted July 09, 2008 02:05 PM        
I have ridden for years, and have always refused to by a harley just for the reasons you just stated earld.. what harley does to keep there bike on demand is crap.. give the consumer what they want and quit lowering your production to keep your price high. you can get alot better import cruiser with more power, last longer and better quality
  Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted July 09, 2008 04:35 PM        
how does that have to do with the vmax?

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted October 04, 2008 12:50 PM        
quote:

its a chick bike!!!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Stalwart

Needs a job
How's that change workin' out?
posted October 04, 2008 01:08 PM        
quote:
quote:

its a chick bike!!!

OK, I'll buy my wife one of those if I can have a new Max, I sold my '85 custom "Midnight Special" one last year.

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted October 05, 2008 02:23 AM        Edited By: worm~hole on 5 Oct 2008 09:26
...I can't wait to see what exhaust the aftermarket has in store for it.....and I wanna hear it...

...it may not be as quick or fast as the 14 or Busa or BKing, but there's absolutley nothing NOTHING like it out there with the same kind of execution...the VMax is dead....LONG LIVE THE VMAX!!!!

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted October 05, 2008 05:54 AM        
definitely would take the yamaha vmax over the vrod
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Mechanic

Novice Class
posted October 05, 2008 10:46 PM        
quote:
Who said Harley was dumb?

Harley's marketing machine is brilliant - it's the suckers that believe that they're worth buying that are dumb.

Ignore this member   
tnchip

Expert Class
posted October 25, 2008 01:44 PM        
Where are the VMAX tests.The bikes are going to be at the dealers before anyone does a full test,very strange.
  Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted October 25, 2008 01:55 PM        
Don't know how accurate it is, but word on the street is that dale walker went 10.18 @ 138. If that's true, it's not too shabby for a pig.

tnchip

Expert Class
posted October 27, 2008 11:53 AM        
Not too shaby but the original VMAX was a legend because it crushed sportbikes in the quarter mile back in 85. If the new MAX is to be king lets see the ponies.
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 27, 2008 12:12 PM        
quote:
quote:

Harley's marketing machine is brilliant - it's the suckers that believe that they're worth buying that are dumb.

so well stated!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 27, 2008 01:57 PM        Edited By: TedG on 27 Oct 2008 21:15
quote:
quote:
quote:

so well stated!

A friend of mine understands quite well about Harley marketing and he is capitalizing on the weak tit motor. He has a pipe, cam, air cleaner, and PC setup that add 10hp over any system out there. It goes for the tune of 3-4k ish for the whole setup including installation and dyno tuning. They are coming in from all over the country, there are bikes(can I call them that?) being shipped in daily for the treatment. They have to wait in line to spend that kind of money. Also the system is actually relatively quiet. He just loves the Harley Marketing idea.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted October 27, 2008 07:17 PM        
Dale Walker is a very good rider and if he can only muster a 10 second pass it's a turd ..Just as i was thinking ... Like i said for 10k i'd take one for a daily driver ...

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted October 27, 2008 08:37 PM        
I bet it's a turd that is a fucking blast to ride though. I do agree 100% that it is overpriced, but that's neither here nor there. Compared to the 14, a kh500 is pathetic but it'll still give you a rush like no other.

tnchip

Expert Class
posted October 28, 2008 11:06 AM        
Fun maybe but overpriced for sure.The tuning fork boys must think the name is all it takes
to sell.10.23 was da bomb back in 85, but 10.1 in 08 is da turd.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 28, 2008 11:15 AM        
I think it is a great idea, giving someone a choice in the cruiser market. To me a cruiser should have some real power. The people who buy them have no interest in railing through corners. Stop light to stop light is their thing and the VMax looks like it would be fun in that venue. People forget that these are "Street Bikes" not track bikes.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
Stalwart

Needs a job
How's that change workin' out?
posted October 28, 2008 11:18 AM        
I think it would be a fun toy but I'm saving up my money so I can send it to BO, that way Ted will have more money next Christmas.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted October 28, 2008 11:24 AM        
Nah, I fall into the category of those who don't get any breaks. So my Christmas will not improve.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
QWICK

Expert Class
posted November 09, 2008 06:02 PM        
I was very disappointed after reading the article on the 2009 Vmax in the December Cycle World issue. Seems as if the New Mr. Max was just a bunch of hype... one very heavy over rated bike, for sure. Even the B-King outruns it in the 1/4 mile.

The door is wide open for Kawi to step up and take their turn & produce some type of insane Super Power Cruiser and turn the motorcycle industry on its top. I'm still hoping for a full-out straight line drag type cruiser bike, using the 1400 motor (or larger) to raise the bar. Would anyone else out there be interested in a ZL1500 Eliminator??? I sure would!!!

I loved my ZX14, but I truly hated being stereotyped as a "Crotch Rocket Bike" all the time.
Just my 2 cents!

Qwick

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted November 09, 2008 09:49 PM        
Hell Yeah.............i've ben saying Kawasaki should make a bike like that for 10 years............priced at $10,000-$11,000 it would sell as long as it had at least 220 RWH and was at leat as lite as a ZX 14.

quote:
I

The door is wide open for Kawi to step up and take their turn & produce some type of insane Super Power Cruiser and turn the motorcycle industry on its top. I'm still hoping for a full-out straight line drag type cruiser bike, using the 1400 motor (or larger) to raise the bar. Would anyone else out there be interested in a ZL1500 Eliminator??? I sure would!!!

I loved my ZX14, but I truly hated being stereotyped as a "Crotch Rocket Bike" all the time.
Just my 2 cents!

Qwick

Ignore this member   
QWICK

Expert Class
posted November 10, 2008 08:21 PM        
I agree with you Mike. It'll be interesting to see if Kawasaki makes a move on it, Zuke did with the B-King, so I guess there is always a chance. They really need to give Lee a call and pick his brain on the idea, that's for sure. Heck, I would start saving up for it tomorrow if they decided to build one!
  Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted November 10, 2008 09:02 PM        
that b king is a huge big bish too though
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
QWICK

Expert Class
posted November 10, 2008 09:23 PM        
Most definitely Steve, it felt odd just sitting on the B-King. But, that old 85 Eliminator was a different story... that bike felt great.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 12 pages long: 1  -  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  -  12   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > VMAX-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.706819057465 seconds processing time