Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 09 Concours 14 Antifreeze odor NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Jose A Menace

Parking Attendant
posted October 29, 2011 08:51 AM        
09 Concours 14 Antifreeze odor

Hey guys. I am new to the forum. Forty-seven years old and owned over thirty bikes, various models and designs, Harley's, crotch rockets, etc. Really like my new Connie. The weight was a little different getting used to it, but suprised by the handling. Really like it alot. Three sets of tires within ten thousand miles. Currently running 2 CTs. Think my front brake loader is starting to warp. I have a question. I have often smell a faint antifreeze odor, not out of the pipe. But, I have only had to add a little antifreeze once. Is it common to smell antifreeze on these bikes? I have tightened my hoses. Other than that, the heat from the motor heats me up pretty good in summer months. I like the bike. Great sport tourer. Could it be the overflow? Or could you give me some ideas?

Ignore this member   
zeexman

Expert Class
posted January 06, 2012 09:31 AM        
Rotors are a problem with these bikes.
  Ignore this member   
dtmoto

Parking Attendant
posted March 06, 2012 09:19 AM        
They smell like coolant if there is a leak. Sounds like you need to take off some of the panels and take a look at the water pump lower left and radiator hoses.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 09 Concours 14 Antifreeze odor NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27299499511719 seconds processing time