Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Camshaft Cap Bolt Torque Sequence NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Rook

Pro
posted October 16, 2011 10:13 AM        
Camshaft Cap Bolt Torque Sequence

Hi everyone. I am asking this on behalf of my 2008 ZX-14. I'm not getting what you might call a definative answer on zx14.net or the other ZX-14 forum I participate on. Nobody seems to know. I'd feel a lot better if I could get the textbook answer to this question. I would bet the Connie is exactly the same as my ZX-14

Just finished adjusting the valve clearance and am almost ready to slap it all back together. Should be cake except I do not know the correct sequence for final torquedown on the four camshaft caps and one chain guard cap (right behind the timing sprockets). There 20 bolts all together.

The ZX-14 SM says to draw up all bolts and then "torque according to the specified tightening sequence."

.....but they do not specify any sequence. WTF?

ANyone tell me how an 08 or newer ZX-14 or ZX-14 Concourse Camshaft cap bolt tightening sequence might go?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Camshaft Cap Bolt Torque Sequence NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.26572394371033 seconds processing time