Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tyre Pressure Sensor Batt Low NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Bluegum

Parking Attendant
posted July 20, 2011 05:05 PM        
Tyre Pressure Sensor Batt Low

Just recently I had to replace my Battery and now I have a new one installed I get the following message. Warning Tyre Pressure sensor Battery Low, if I switch off or just continue riding the alarm clears and only reappears when starting the bike the following day. I have searched the handbook and cannot find any mention of this alarm or mention of the battery. Can someone please help, I have a 2007 Connie with just over 20,000klms on the clock, no other trouble experienced apart from several punctures that required new tyres, when will they make puncture proof tyres?
I now have Michelin Pilot road 3"s, very impressed with them. I am located in West Australia
Bluegum

Ignore this member     
Bluegum

Parking Attendant
posted July 22, 2011 01:48 PM        
Since I posted the above I have investigated the above and have found the following. The tyre pressure sensor is located in the valve stem on each wheel and comprises of a battery and the sensor in one unit. This can be replaced as a unit and the cost has been quoted as between 200-300 Aussie dollars, what a rip off. The unit can be taken apart and the battery can be replaced, it is a battery similar to ones found in watches, a button cell which is possibly a 3volt type. When this battery fails, the alarm will appear on your LCD display and will clear after some short period, if you continue with this situation, you will no longer have a tyre pressure readout. Australian Kawasaki are not known for their after market service.I will write to them and post any response I receive. To give you guys some idea the new cost of the latest model GTR 1400 which is what they market here is approx A$24,000 but your price would be a lot less than that figure, we are being taken for a ride by Kawasaki in this country, There is no reason why this battery cannot be replaced in the sensor each time you change your tyres if the attitude was different, what about a bit of customer service that we used to get, I have been around motorcycles for about 50 years.
If you are interested this Sensor is listed on page 423/424 of the Service manual, no mention of the internal battery, Bluegum

Ignore this member     
zeexman

Expert Class
posted July 26, 2011 03:22 PM        
You have to register the sensor with teh KDS. If you repalced the battery you might have to re register it.
  Ignore this member   
FelicksNZ

Parking Attendant
posted October 30, 2011 07:09 PM        
I needed to replace a front tire last week and had the low battery warning coming up too. So, the sensor was removed, pulled apart (even though its not really supposed to be) and very gently I managed remove the battery which was surrounded in glue and physically connected to the battery.

I replaced the battery which was a CR2032 3volt worth $4, glued it back in place and refitted the sensor and new tire.

I had real concerns that the sensor may have 'lost comms' with the bike but no, it works like a charm!

Stuff paying Kawasaki the $450 I was quoted for a new sensor!!

So swapping the battery works, just be careful when removing it from the sensor.

Ignore this member   
dtmoto

Parking Attendant
posted March 06, 2012 10:24 AM        
My front sensor is showing a low battery for a few miles lately. The tire warms a little and the warning goes out and the reading is normal. Until the tire gets cold again when stopped. I better make a warranty claim at my dealer soon...

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tyre Pressure Sensor Batt Low NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.26739501953125 seconds processing time