Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: FUZEblock brand fuse block NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
SteveWFL

posted October 14, 2010 11:58 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 15 Oct 2010 13:59
FUZEblock brand fuse block

I'm really please with my FUZEblock brand fuse block. Depending on how one installs the fuse for each item makes it immediate "ignition switched" or "unswitched" power.

I wanted a solution to cleanly fuse items such as GPS, phone chargers, Satellite Radio, heated jacket, heated gloves, radar detector, etc etc.

Talked with a guy at Kawasaki about options where to mount, he said "where are your accessories going to be" and then noted on the front left side of the bike is a bracket with electrical space and on the right side is a bracket with free space. Also I found and option to mount on the right fairing bracket which would've been fine, but every time I took the plastics off I'd have to deal with the FUZEblock so opted against it.

Made a simple bracket from scrap aluminum that was just strong enough to be bent with channel locks. originally made a brack perfect size, but then opted to go bigger. (cut with dremel "cut-off" tool, drilled 6 holes with drill press)

Here one can see moving the fuse to the right will result in "switched" power, when the key is on it will be juiced, in current state of fuses it is constant power. I put the bolts where the extra part goes to the inside of the FUZEblock rather than hang out the bottom of the mount. I used the short bolts in the set.

Came out fairly nice

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 15, 2010 02:46 AM        
Looks very cool and quite practical Steve - only question I have is, is it designed for outdoor use? It doesn't appear to be weather resistant or anti-corrosive to me from the pictures, but I could be wrong!. Also - you DID fuse inline right at the connection points on the bike right? Fuses MUST always be located at the source to protect the wire(s) going to the destination (FUZEBlock), or you end up with possible meltdown/fire etc on overload or short. Just an FYI there...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
SteveWFL

posted October 15, 2010 06:01 AM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 15 Oct 2010 20:01
quote:
Looks very cool and quite practical Steve - only question I have is, is it designed for outdoor use? It doesn't appear to be weather resistant or anti-corrosive to me from the pictures, but I could be wrong!. Also - you DID fuse inline right at the connection points on the bike right? Fuses MUST always be located at the source to protect the wire(s) going to the destination (FUZEBlock), or you end up with possible meltdown/fire etc on overload or short. Just an FYI there...

Yeah its sealed good. The goldwing guys turned me on to this thing, they swear by them.

Yes I have a 50 amp fuse inline very close to the bike's battery, thanks for looking out for me brutha!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted October 15, 2010 07:46 AM        
Always dude! I remember seeing that on the wing forums a while ago. Thought it was cool!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: FUZEblock brand fuse block NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27762413024902 seconds processing time