Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Still out of comission/Battery Question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted August 09, 2010 06:46 AM        
Still out of comission/Battery Question

Hi all, Well I had my surgery first week of july, Still can't ride and do not forsee it happening this year... Supposed to stay in my sling for 6 weeks, but after a month took it off and am making baby steps toward recovery now.

Since I havent been riding it I decided to put the charger on it, it's an exide 10 amp marine auto charger. I have 2 and love 'em, you can put it on any size battery, leave it on forever and not cook it, well at least untill now....

Hooked it up and left it on overnite, in the morning I unhooked it and heard the battery gassing, thought that was strange. I then put it on my klr for around 18 hrs to come and find it leaked out onto the floor and that the auto feature isn't working, just full blast.

Concerned about the connie, I got a flashlight and was looking in but didn't see any acid anywhere, all the vent hoses were dry. I was concerned about corrosion due to leakage. I just looked on ebay and the manual and there seems to be no vent hose like my klr...

Has anyone had one leak? I don't know what condition my battery is in now, think i'll bring home the batt tester from work. Just concerned about leakage right now...

Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Still out of comission/Battery Question NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21120619773865 seconds processing time