Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: c14 power NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: c14 power
bluechris

Expert Class
hungry fool
posted May 08, 2010 12:44 PM        
c14 power

Hey guys I was thinking of getting a 09 or 10 Connie and wondered what the dyno has to say. I know its a touring bike but going from the zx14 it can't be to detuned. What exhaust and mpg are you getting? I am really getting the iche to get one.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit bluechris's homepage. 
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted May 08, 2010 07:07 PM        
Just go to fuelmotousa's web site or areap's website for dyno info, as far as fuel milage I get around 35, but these are not highway miles. I got the flies out and since then I just use the super abundant torque to propel me to insane speeds quick without even needing the rev's. I have had a hayabusa, and this feels just about as strong down low, but the comfort can't be beat, and the brakes rock. Yeah it's not light, but feels real solid, kinda like a mercedes feeling to it.
It also depends on what kinda riding you do, I am getting older and comfort is paramount, so I will deem this the best bike I ever owned (out of 30). I cannot even imagine how much different tires could make it better, it really handles way better than you would ever expect from a large bike, seriously. If you think it will beat a zx-14 in the power dept, I do not think so, there is a good weight diference and a different level of tune as well. So if fast comfort is your theme, I do not think it can be beat....
Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
bluechris

Expert Class
hungry fool
posted May 08, 2010 07:51 PM        
quote:
Just go to fuelmotousa's web site or areap's website for dyno info, as far as fuel milage I get around 35, but these are not highway miles. I got the flies out and since then I just use the super abundant torque to propel me to insane speeds quick without even needing the rev's. I have had a hayabusa, and this feels just about as strong down low, but the comfort can't be beat, and the brakes rock. Yeah it's not light, but feels real solid, kinda like a mercedes feeling to it.
It also depends on what kinda riding you do, I am getting older and comfort is paramount, so I will deem this the best bike I ever owned (out of 30). I cannot even imagine how much different tires could make it better, it really handles way better than you would ever expect from a large bike, seriously. If you think it will beat a zx-14 in the power dept, I do not think so, there is a good weight diference and a different level of tune as well. So if fast comfort is your theme, I do not think it can be beat....
Rob
thanks. I have a zx14 and I know the c14 has less power just wondered how strong the Connie feels.for what the zx is its very comfortable but I want more.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit bluechris's homepage. 
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: c14 power NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.036759853363 seconds processing time