Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Kawasaki's new Police Edition Concours14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted May 04, 2010 09:44 PM        Edited By: Staff on 5 May 2010 05:47
Kawasaki's new Police Edition Concours14

Kawasaki Concours14 Police Edition

Will your local police department go green? Kawasaki is hoping so with the release of their Concours 14 ABS based Law Enforcement Motorcycle Program. With specs that appear to compete directly with BMW's R1200 based police edition, we're sure there will be quite a few boys in blue requesting their detachment order a few of these.

Here's how Kawasaki describes the new model:

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is offering the Concours™ 14 ABS Police motorcycle to U.S. law enforcement agencies. Complete sales and support services are available through the company’s network of more than 1,100 U.S. motorcycle dealers.

Kawasaki will provide post-sale warranty support as well as law enforcement maintenance personnel training. Police unit preparation will be handled through a partnership with Beaudry Motors, Inc.

Concours 14 ABS Police motorcycles lead the segment in safety, acceleration, handling, and braking. All units are delivered with a tighter turning radius and custom law enforcement equipment, including: adjustable speedometer, a second wiring harness with 12 fused circuits and a separate battery dedicated to the add-on electronics installed by Beaudry Motors, Inc. An extensive selection of emergency equipment is available to satisfy agency requirements.

More Capable:
  • The Concours 14 ABS provides significant competitive advantages for law enforcement agencies, compared to the police offerings from competing manufacturers.
  • Available high-performance Traction Control.
  • High-performance ABS brake system.
  • Quickest acceleration in the law enforcement class.
  • Best high-speed handling in the law enforcement class.
  • Heavy-duty 41.5 amp alternator.
  • 441-pound payload capacity.
  • Removable saddle bags.
  • Tough and durable clutch is the least-expensive system to replace in the category.
  • Three-year unlimited mileage factory warranty.
  • Fleet service staff training, plus the authorization to conduct non-warranty maintenance and repairs, on-site
  • Purchasing agencies may also take their vehicles to any Kawasaki motorcycle dealer for regular maintenance, repairs, or warranty service.

Competitive Pricing:
  • Turn-key retail costs vary from $16-$22,000 per unit, depending on model year and level of equipment options ordered.
  • Taxpayers save more than $2,000 per-unit in initial acquisition cost, compared to comparably equipped BMW R1200RT-P or Harley Davidson FLHTP motorcycles.
  • Depending on fleet size, total cost savings to communities, governments, and the taxpayers could rise to millions of dollars, once reduced maintenance and repair costs are factored-in.
  • A complete clutch system replacement—one of the most frequent police unit maintenance needs—costs less than $400 in parts and labor. This represents a savings of several hundred dollars1, per occurrence, and could mean a savings of thousands of dollars over the life of each vehicle.

Kawasaki is clearly the right choice for law enforcement agencies. The Concours 14 ABS out-performs every other available unit in the category, and does it at a price sensitive to tight municipal budgets.

Source: Freeman/McCue Public Relations

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted May 05, 2010 07:47 AM        
Why the white front fender ?
  Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted May 05, 2010 10:23 AM        
I'm with you on that Kaz...otherwise,a kickass ride...

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 05, 2010 10:56 AM        
Kawasaki took over the Police market before and they can do it again. That is a kick ass looking bike. The white front fender is reminiscent of the original 1975 KZ900 police bikes.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 05, 2010 05:36 PM        
I like that radio box in the back. that would be perfect for a low profile carrier.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted May 06, 2010 05:35 AM        
This could make outrunning them a bit tougher!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
Quarter Pounder

Pro
with Cheese
posted May 06, 2010 06:00 AM        
quote:
Why the white front fender ?

Notice that the top of the bike tank/topbox is also white....just not the fender.

Bike looks kickass.
1.53 60'

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted May 06, 2010 06:27 AM        Edited By: worm~hole on 6 May 2010 14:29
..."black and white" is the most recognizable paint scheme on "marked" vehicles of for the US law enforcement market...people see black&white and they readily think "police"...don't even hafta read English!!! ..

....there are still quite a few agencies out there who use color, but unless they have visible blue and red lights, they're often mistalkn for private security until their logos and markings are recognized as that of the Sheriff or police...

...hey what's up with the "tighter turning radius",.."high performance clutch"... and "high performance ABS"?...how different is it from civilan versions?... how did they achiev the difference?...I like the top box, too...makes for a tidy rear end...

...what provisions are there for tip-over bars?...I don't think the tax-payers would like to pay for that expensive palstic in the event of a mild tip-over ...unless they operate sportbikes off-duty on a regular basis, some cops are going to hafta reprogram their brains to deal with the rate of accelaration of these beasts ...

...NICE JOB KAWADAKI AND BM.Inc

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
RRZX-14

Novice Class
Get out and ride!
posted May 06, 2010 08:49 AM        
quote:
...what provisions are there for tip-over bars?...I don't think the tax-payers would like to pay for that expensive palstic in the event of a mild tip-over ...unless they operate sportbikes off-duty on a regular basis, some cops are going to hafta reprogram their brains to deal with the rate of accelaration of these beasts ...

Look to the rear & just above the siren...built in tip-over bars.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 06, 2010 09:20 AM        
quote:
quote:

Look to the rear & just above the siren...built in tip-over bars.

And there are some in front of the bags.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted May 06, 2010 09:28 AM        
Very very nice. If I was a cop, that's what I'd want!
  Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted May 06, 2010 09:51 AM        
This one is faster!

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted May 06, 2010 10:09 AM        
That exhaust is not legal. And what's the point...... First gear will put you 30 mph over the highest speed limit in my state.
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted May 06, 2010 10:13 AM        
Looks and stats are VERY similar to BMW's R1200 police edition.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted May 06, 2010 10:14 AM        
For Having some fun on the job

Ignore this member   
masszx14

Pro
A mind beside itself!
posted May 06, 2010 11:11 AM        
quote:
That exhaust is not legal. And what's the point...... First gear will put you 30 mph over the highest speed limit in my state.

That cop is only trying to get on even ground with the vehicle attempting evasion IMHO.

Would you rather chase a skillful rider on a new 1000 or on a 700 lbs. fully dressed Concours?

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 06, 2010 12:00 PM        
The thing is just to make a point. Having 2 bikes in a high speed chase is twice as dangerous. Motorolas are much faster.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
Stevo13

Novice Class
Internet Police
posted May 06, 2010 01:02 PM        Edited By: Stevo13 on 6 May 2010 21:02
Info from inside source: CHP is seriously looking into purchasing the new C-14 police bikes to replace the existing fleet of BMWR1200
'09 Ninja 250 (Jr's)
'08 Vino125 (her's)

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 06, 2010 02:05 PM        Edited By: TedG on 6 May 2010 23:28
quote:

...hey what's up with the "tighter turning radius",.."high performance clutch"... and "high performance ABS"?...how different is it from civilan versions?... how did they achiev the difference?...I like the top box, too...makes for a tidy rear end...

I think they are talking about the competition, not the civilian version.
As you know their last police bike was very, very successful. So it only seems logical that they go into the market again with a truly good motorcycle. A police bike that will throttle wheelie....

Also Kawasaki trains the police garage mechanics so they can perform service. I trained the Reno Police mechanics in 75.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
ILUVNOS

Novice Class
posted May 06, 2010 04:00 PM        
that bike looks like a honda f4i and a yamaha fj had prison sex and produce a bastard child ! very ugly !
  Ignore this member   
CraigChrist

Pro
BAWLS
posted May 06, 2010 04:38 PM        
there are some Busa highway patrol bikes that show up to thunder valley in oklahoma sometimes.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted May 06, 2010 08:49 PM        
nice article. I posted this up on March 30 in the Concourse forum:

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted May 07, 2010 06:41 AM        
....that's one crowded left handlebar and upper tree ...

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 07, 2010 08:44 AM        
quote:
....that's one crowded left handlebar and upper tree ...

Hopefully the factory sponsored one will have custom controls.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted May 07, 2010 08:44 AM        
quote:
that bike looks like a honda f4i and a yamaha fj had prison sex and produce a bastard child ! very ugly !

That is because all your taste is in your mouth.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Kawasaki\'s new Police Edition Concours14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21772813796997 seconds processing time