Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Fess up.... Motorcyclist clocked at 152 mph on SR 14 in Goldendale Sunday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 17, 2010 10:45 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 18 Apr 2010 05:47
Fess up.... Motorcyclist clocked at 152 mph on SR 14 in Goldendale Sunday

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/17/1151568/motorcyclist-clocked-at-152-mph.html?story_link=email_msg#ixzz0lPnGB87F

quote:

Motorcyclist clocked at 152 mph on SR 14 in Goldendale Sunday

The Washington State Patrol reported that a trooper clocked a motorcyclist going 152 mph earlier this week in Goldendale in Klickitat County.

On Sunday around 5:30 p.m., a trooper was driving on state Route 14 near Mary Hill when he saw a motorcycle traveling at a fast rate coming towards him in the opposite lane. He was able to obtain two radar readings of 152 mph from his forward facing radar and a third reading of 151 mph from his rear facing radar after the motorcycle passed him.

The posted speed limit on the highway is 60 mph.

The trooper pulled over the motorcyclist for the excessive speed. He asked the motorcyclist if he know how fast he was going. "No idea, I just opened it up," the 39-year-old Vancouver man riding the Kawasaki ZX1400 reportedly answered. The man was issued a $411 speeding citation.

The trooper tried to impress upon the motorcyclist about the ramifications of hitting a deer or running into rocks in the roadway in a rural area when traveling at that speed. The trooper said he believed the motorcyclist comprehended the seriousness of the situation.

The Patrol wants to stress to motorcycle riders that speed is one of the leading causes of serious injury and fatality accidents along with driving while intoxicated. "Eighty percent of fatal motorcycle collisions are now the fault of the rider," State Patrol Chief John R. Batiste stated. "Half of fatal collisions don’t even involve a second vehicle."

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2010 04:14 AM        
Only 411 bucks? I would have been smiling about that
  Ignore this member   
LAB3

Needs a job
posted April 18, 2010 04:33 AM        
No kidding. We got pulled over and got a 60 in a 40 $200.00 for fine and $50.00 for lawyer so no ticket on driving record.
  Ignore this member   
zxbob

posted April 18, 2010 05:13 AM        
quote:
He was able to obtain two radar readings of 152 mph from his forward facing radar and a third reading of 151 mph from his rear facing radar after the motorcycle passed him.

At least he slowed down when he went past the cop

Bob

Ignore this member   
derpie

Expert Class
Dont judge a book by its cover
posted April 18, 2010 06:29 AM        
I'm still scratching my head as to how he could turn around and catch up with this guy, he had to radio it in and another car was up ahead.
  Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2010 06:55 AM        
yea, you'd think at that rate, the dude could've found a nice little cubby hole to park in for a bit. Cop must have been a pretty decent guy, as many of them would've put the screws to him. Big time.
  Ignore this member   
wrongway

Pro
posted April 18, 2010 07:10 AM        
he said it was wide open and only 152 ? bike must be defective :-)

Roy

Ignore this member   
dcjens

Pro
Wet side of Washington
posted April 18, 2010 08:12 AM        
So could have been me! Sounds like a cheap fee really. You play, you pay. Great open areas there. How did the cop get turned around and pointed in pursuit? maybe he was on a new BMW 2-wheeled pursuit vehicle

Ignore this member   
dcjens

Pro
Wet side of Washington
posted April 18, 2010 08:15 AM        
If the bike was red, I know who it was

Ignore this member   
jessejames82

Zone Head
posted April 18, 2010 08:40 AM        
quote:
he said it was wide open and only 152 ? bike must be defective :-)

Roy

maybe its got a busa motor in it

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted April 18, 2010 10:15 AM        
quote:
If the bike was red, I know who it was

haha, well it might have been red, but it wasn't me........ This area in question is straight for miles and miles, but it doesn't have any roads to turn onto. I bet he stopped because there isn't any place to really run to......

Ignore this member   
Old Guy

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2010 10:41 AM        
Not this Red 14.
I dont let my sh!t hit the news or as this individual did, Post about it on a local forum. I just let my legal rep. handle it . They would beat it, but you would never know.
So that leaves very few members in Wa..........if this Cat is a member.
pcIII w/custom map
NO freakin flies!!
GP suspension forks
Penske rear shock
Rich's custom seat
And a whole bunch of other stuff.

97 zx6r full race bike with all the
good stuff

Ignore this member   
Old Guy

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2010 10:45 AM        
Another thing. It was all over the news that WSP and locals were stepping up speed enforcement..............,oops. Guess he forgot about that gem.
pcIII w/custom map
NO freakin flies!!
GP suspension forks
Penske rear shock
Rich's custom seat

good stuff

Ignore this member   
zxbob

posted April 18, 2010 12:26 PM        
Hey Old Guy . . . . . .

Living the good life on a "XZ" ?

Bob

Ignore this member   
kaw now

Expert Class
posted April 18, 2010 10:24 PM        Edited By: kaw now on 19 Apr 2010 05:26
Found this guys side of the story. Should keep the speed runs off the main roads though from my experience obviously most cops on main roads.

quote:
I hate this to be my inaugural post, but here goes...

I was riding out near Goldendale on 14, found a long stretch with little to no traffic, waited for oncoming traffic to clear (semi had a bunch backed up, didn't want to run into a passer). I took off, got to fifth gear and buried the needle, yeehaw. Just as I let off a very distinctive, white SUV goes by, my heart sinks into my boots. A quick check of the mirrors reveals familiar lights from an SUV turning around. I pull over as immediately as possible.

The trooper pulls up as I'm off my bike waiting for him. Both hands on hips,"What the hell are you doin?"

"Uhm, waiting for you to pull me over apparently.", is my reply.

"Do you know how fast you were going?!", he asks incredulously.

"I didn't look down. I was focused on what is in front of me."

"I clocked you at 152mph! That's 92mph over the limit! Do you have a license?", he asks.

I give him my license and he tells me to sit tight, he'll be right back. It's at this time I turn off my video camera mounted on the stem. I figure it's jail time for sure. Staring off into the distance for about ten minutes, wondering why I didn't go a minute sooner or a minute later on my little speed run. Jesus, just want to peg the needle once in my life. lol

He gets out with ticket book in hand. What? Surely he's going to write me a few citations and throw me in the back, right?

"I'm going to cut you a break. I'm giving you a ticket for 40mph over the limit. This is just a traffic infraction and not a criminal offense."

I thank him whole heartedly, he goes on to tell me how anything could have happened, and I shouldn't do such dumb things in the future. I spent the next 100 miles riding home, never going more than 5mph over.

My question is, do I still lawyer up? If so, who inn the Goldendale area would people recommend? Anyone want to buy a 08 ZX14 with 7K miles? lol I can afford the face price of the ticket ($411), but insurance will get jacked for sure. I appreciate all comments, even the ones who will undoubtedly say "Don't speed.".

Ignore this member   
SLVR_BLT

Zone Head
Chicken Strips!
posted April 18, 2010 11:58 PM        Edited By: SLVR_BLT on 19 Apr 2010 07:03
He must of slowed down at one point, there is no way a cop will catch that sucker doing 152. I am one of those speed demons, no matter what bike i ride i don't think i can go a day without going WOT a few times. I don't speed on the streets but on the freeway late nights...its on!

Edit: oopps i read the story above. I f were me i wouldn't stop,m i would of kept going like i saw nothing lol.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted April 19, 2010 04:47 PM        
its a felony to run nowadays. i wouldn't suggest it as a plan anymore.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted April 19, 2010 05:02 PM        
That radar must be defective!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
LAB3

Needs a job
posted April 19, 2010 05:30 PM        
Radio.................. other DPS or helicopter watching you.......Depends where you live.

Over 100 in Texas, Go to jail, bike or auto is on a hook going a different shop( not yours) and you get to make new freinds in jail.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted April 19, 2010 05:49 PM        
quote:
Radio.................. other DPS or helicopter watching you.......Depends where you live.

Over 100 in Texas, Go to jail, bike or auto is on a hook going a different shop( not yours) and you get to make new freinds in jail.

and thats why i won't stop if i'm over 100 mph .. going to jail either way ..

Ignore this member   
Old Guy

Expert Class
posted April 19, 2010 06:31 PM        
quote:
Hey Old Guy . . . . . .

Living the good life on a "XZ" ?

Bob

Might tell you something about us. been there 3 yrs. and no one said a thing.
pcIII w/custom map
NO freakin flies!!
GP suspension forks
Penske rear shock
Rich's custom seat

good stuff

Ignore this member   
SLVR_BLT

Zone Head
Chicken Strips!
posted April 19, 2010 07:55 PM        
quote:
quote:

and thats why i won't stop if i'm over 100 mph .. going to jail either way ..

that was my thought. And if you got caught and if he said you were evading him you simply say you didn't even know you were being chased. At that speed who looks back anyways.

Ignore this member   
Bluebyyou

Expert Class
Gettin My Curve On
posted April 20, 2010 05:07 AM        
quote:
I'm still scratching my head as to how he could turn around and catch up with this guy, he had to radio it in and another car was up ahead.

Me too. Depending on the conditions I probably would have dropped 2 gears and pinned it until the bad ole revenuer disappeared then turn off at the first oppurtunity, problem solved.

Ignore this member   
Hellmutt

Needs a job
selling bridges to immigrants
posted April 20, 2010 09:07 AM        
That guy got off EASY.......lucky bastard. I'd never do that.......well.......Ok, it's been quite a few years ago.........but I'm guilty of running one time........that's right, just once. Early weekday morning, say 7ish, heading southbound I-75 just north of Troy Ohio, clickin' along about 90-100 ( Older Yamaha 1000 with a VERY stretched speedo cable ) and saw 2 statey's sitting adjacent one another trapping both directions.......as soon as I saw them I pulled the clutch, 2 clicks down, and cut it loose. By the time I flew past them, the southbound trooper lit up his car and pulls out like he's going after me. I don't know how hard he tried to catch me since I'd been busting 160 for a couple exits and he'd disappeared in my mirrors. I picked an exit and hauled ass up the ramp, ran the light, and jetted out of town to some comfy backroads I was all too familiar with -- got to work 10 minutes late, but at least I got there in one piece and NO ticket!! My heart took about an hour to calm down after that. So now days I'm quite a bit more careful where I pin it.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Hellmutt's homepage. 
TedG

posted April 20, 2010 02:24 PM        
Around here anything over 100 is jail time....period.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Fess up.... Motorcyclist clocked at 152 mph on SR 14 in Goldendale Sunday NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.740074157715 seconds processing time