Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: New Brake Pads, New Heat and Noise NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
DrewHerc130

Expert Class
posted November 15, 2009 07:55 AM        
New Brake Pads, New Heat and Noise

I just installed EBC sintered HH pads all the way around and got about 100 miles on them now. I noticed a couple things.

1. The rear disc heats up while riding even if not using that brake. I can touch it, but it is warm. On the center stand, I can spin the rear tire freely with a slight amount of noise/drag.

2. The front makes a noise while riding and when applying brakes. Hard to describe the noise. Kinda sounds like the low hum of cicadas while driving on a forest road

Do I just need to let the new pads break in some? Perhaps the new pads are contacting in a slightly larger area thus the disc is rubbing a little. Anyone else using EBC's notice this?

Thanks.
Drew

Ignore this member   
DrewHerc130

Expert Class
posted November 16, 2009 10:41 AM        
Update:
I lifted the front tire and spun it. The brakes are definately dragging. Why would new pads cause it to drag? The front does not get very hot after a ride as i can hold my hand to it.

I did see that the new pads are a slightly larger contact area than the stockers. Perhaps they are rubbing on an unworn part of the rotor.

Any ideas?

Ignore this member   
Tundra Tom

Novice Class
posted November 17, 2009 06:28 PM        
Mine's in the shop after the rear EBC pads cooked the rotor and damn near locked the wheel. I contacted EBC and they were going to get all over it and send me pads etc. then nothing...no return E-mails, phone call, nothing. I've been using EBC for years until now.
A company that large that doesn't stand behind their product? I will NEVER buy anything from them again and plan to get the front pads replaced this winter. F. U. EBC!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: New Brake Pads, New Heat and Noise NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21771597862244 seconds processing time