Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tested: 2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
1adam12

Expert Class
posted April 03, 2009 03:58 PM        
600 lbs 90hp who needs hightech traction control this piece of shit is loaded with options.
  Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted April 04, 2009 12:01 AM        
quote:
....haters....

+1

Nice article Gabe btw. Ignore the ignorant masses - some of whom are worse than the stereotypical harley riders they love to bash.

FYI: I host riding classes geared towards those who want to get the most out of there bikes on the street, usually 1-2 year sport bike riders who are at the stage where they need veteran instruction on how to properly corner, brake, body position etc. It's grew from one "Coach-Noob Ride" into almost a monthly affair. I unwittingly became the guy in charge... Anyways, out of all the riders I've seen and coached, one stands out.

A now good friend on a 1200 Sportster. He had 30,000 miles on his Sportster doing the typical cruising thing but being 28 he apparently outgrew that crowd and wanted to learn how to 'hang with the sport bikes'. Our first ride together, we ended up at the end of one of our favorite twisty roads, which happened to be the road he lived on. He begged to lead the ride back up the road so, figuring he's on a Harley and knows the road intimately I let him lead. Wholly fucking cow that was a mistake! He ripped out of there like a Bandito on fire, nailing every off camber and reducing radius corner like a pro, hanging off the bike, hitting all his braking markers etc... With 6 other noobs on sport bikes desperately trying to keep up! Guys behind him where running wide, blasting down the straights trying to regain ground (a big no-no on my rides), I was laughing so hard that when I realized I had to reel him in before someone wrecked (pure luck no one did) it took me a full mile to pass everyone and stop him! He claimed he didn't realize all the other guys would try to keep up.

Just goes to prove the oft heard point: "It's the rider, not the ride", most of the time. And he's saving up for a XR 1200 as we speak. There's gonna be alot of humbled sport bike riders out there when he gets it!
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted April 04, 2009 02:36 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 4 Apr 2009 16:45
Found this on another site I visit, where the same discussion is going on:
Freaking hilarious photo! Just curious what kind of shape he found his Honda in when he returned to the parking lot in front of HD headquarters...

Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted April 04, 2009 01:44 PM        

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted April 04, 2009 02:21 PM        
quote:
Hows the weather up there jamming?? take it you finally got dug outta the snow. hahaha explain again why you moved to the most snowed upon town in the country...

I like the xr1200. Matter of fact, if they come out with one with at least 120hp I'll buy one for my next bike! Seriously, I think it would be a cool addition to my ever growing vehicle fleet. A good handling harley, who woulda thought? I just need about 40hp more so that it can carry my big heavy ass up the mountain pass - would be SOO embarrassing to have to install pedals like those old Honda mopeds had.

LMFAO I only have One thing to say.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted April 05, 2009 06:40 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 5 Apr 2009 20:41
Food for thought for all the Harley Haters out there. Remember, they are riders too:
[QUOTE=GregKJ;1622705]Yep...good times...
And a BIG THANK YOU to the Harley rider going the opposite direction just before Bangor! His "slow down" arm wave kept us from getting pulled over at that point.
bluR6... Nice pictures. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Kalanimoku;1622784]Thats rite!! THANK GOD for that Harley rider.. I was actually going close to :ninja: mph wen i seen his arm... :301

Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted April 05, 2009 07:29 AM        
sticks you can't take us seriously. I looked at a 2008 fat boy blinged beyond belief the other day and considered buying it as a 2-up bike
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Gabe

Parking Attendant
posted April 05, 2009 11:39 AM        
I could care less what you guys say about H-D: they don't write my paychecks...well, not directly, anyway. But they are a good company staffed by enthusiasts who love riding motorcycles, any motorcycles. H-D builds exactly the motorcycles its customers want. Why pinheads in forums insist on bashing them is beyond me.

As for me, I like riding Harleys, but I also like riding Hyosungs, Kymcos, BMWs, Ducatis, Bajajs, whatever you got. Why it's ok to beat up on a certain brand because you don't like its products is beyond me. But whatever.

I guess it's better than worrying about legitimate problems that impact motorcycling in a real way, like trade issues, environmental concerns and the inevitablitiy of a shrinking market as Boomers start to hang up their leathers.
http://gabeunchained.
blogspot.com/

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Gabe's homepage. 
aliveagain

Needs a life
posted April 05, 2009 11:50 AM        
It always amazes me how any time the name Harley Davidson is brought up,it is compared to how a sport bike can accelerate.The name is immediately denounced and abased with the comparison of an antique relic and it's riders are all trying to be unique wearing the same apparel. To me,there is more to riding a bike then160mph 2:00am runs or squidly dragon manliness.Both can be a blast but does not come even close to sharing time with a friend on a nice ride.I actually feel sorry for the person so caught up in the obsessiveness a sportbike rider can fall into that only living on the 90% edge of life will do.Take for instance Karl's post about the Texas mile in Dragbike zone,http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=13&TID=46066&set_time=.Had it been any other bike including a Harley,the story would have been still way cool.I like Harleys and their rumbles through the hills on a cool spring day.I like the fact that they haven't changed much in years so keeping up with the Jones is not applicable.VW's are the same way,the beetle isn't a Porche nor were they to be but are still cool.Dollar for dollar,Harleys are pretty cheap when you look how long most riders keep them.

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted April 05, 2009 12:05 PM        Edited By: SteveWFL on 6 Apr 2009 02:06
I said above each to his own and I actually looked at a harley.

But, on the other hand, i don't see anything wrong with NOT liking certain brands of any product. Competition in the marketplace is what allows each of us to ride what we like.

If a guy wants to piss on the harley sign in his Honda gear thats just fantastic. Plenty of Harley guys have pissed on and knocked over Hondas

So lets not get all teary eyed and sentimental here folks
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted April 05, 2009 12:14 PM        
I like the fact that you can buy a yamaha roadstar, raider, or roadliner and have a bike that runs better, sounds better, pulls harder, and will last 5x as long for a fraction of the price. I'm not brand loyal by any means, but I say...

FUCK HARLEY! I hope they drown in the puddle of oil that they leaked all over the parking lot lol

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
TedG

posted April 05, 2009 12:20 PM        
I don't like harleys because of their low life business practices. They were instrumental in bringing down the British bikes of the 70s and they destroyed Flat tracing with their influence with the AMA. They suck the big green wienee.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tested: 2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.4093542098999 seconds processing time