Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Replacing bulbs.....blue bulbs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
lflenard

Parking Attendant
posted March 13, 2009 01:45 AM        
Replacing bulbs.....blue bulbs

replacing bulbs
Has anyone replaced headlights yet? Fortunately the guy that sold me the bike also gave me a copy of the service manual. Unfortunately the service manual tells me I have to take off the upper and front fairing to get to the lights.
Has anyone had success reaching in and blindly pulling the lights? I can get my hand in there and feel the back of it but pulling it is another thing.
I should probably just sit down and take the thing apart rather than spending days looking for a loophole.

When I bought it the 2 marker lights in the middle were replaced with BRIGHT blue LED’s. It looks very cool but I’ve been pulled over twice already. I’d rather not be a target for cops.
“A vehicle may not emit blue or red light from the back or front.” That’s what the cop here in Tucson told me…..

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted March 13, 2009 01:27 PM        
Changing the bulbs is a piece of cake. You can access the bulbs just by turning the bars, remove the plugs, remove the rubber covers and they unclip. I have changed my bulbs several times, first time was with Sylvania ultras and they burned out in a month. Than I put in PIAA bulbs and they burned out in two. Then I bought a cheap set of blue tinted bulbs and they have made it at least 6 months.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
lflenard

Parking Attendant
posted March 14, 2009 12:09 AM        
how about the two center bulbs? I have trouble feeling my way to them in there.
(the blue ones in my profilepic)
thanks Ted
lee

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted March 14, 2009 12:39 PM        
quote:
how about the two center bulbs? I have trouble feeling my way to them in there.
(the blue ones in my profilepic)
thanks Ted
lee

Those might be a bit harder, I really don't know, I wouldn't mind putting something very bright in there myself.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
gpz1100

Expert Class
posted March 19, 2009 01:27 AM        
There's 4 push rivets holdingn the black cover under the nose of the bike in place.

Remove those, pop the cover out, then just pull out the city light holders (168/194 type bulbs). Takes all of 5 min to do. Getting the cover realigned back into place is a bit more challenging

Ignore this member   
lflenard

Parking Attendant
posted March 19, 2009 01:56 AM        
thank you
That was the first place I looked but was unsure about removing the rivets. I didnt know if they could come out then go back in again.
I guess I could always replace them with a different type of fastener if needed.

thnks again

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted March 19, 2009 10:17 AM        
Those pop rivets, are east to get out, just get something small to poke in the center and push it in untill it clicks than get underneath it and pull it out with your nails and fingers. You need to reset it to reinsert it by pushing the bottom part towards the top untill it clicks again (while the part you first pushed in to get it out, sticks out the top).

Hope it helps,
Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
lflenard

Parking Attendant
posted March 21, 2009 04:58 AM        Edited By: lflenard on 21 Mar 2009 18:59
thanks for the advice. It was real easy. I put 2 cheapos in there for now but ordered some LEDs. Cant have red or blue as per the Tucson PD so I ordered a pair or "UV black light" and a pair of green. I'm afraid the UV black will be purple. The colored LEDs really stand out and get attention.
anyway: its cheap and easy enough I can try a few different colors.

the blue was the coolest. oh well

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Replacing bulbs.....blue bulbs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.280925989151 seconds processing time