Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 2009 BMW K1300GT NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Smooth_G

Expert Class
posted February 22, 2009 02:56 AM        
2009 BMW K1300GT

i own a 08 zx14 and a 06fjr,,i rode a new bmw k1300gt,,,it was a test ride about 15 miles,,little bit of twisties,,i think it handled really well,,suspension on sport felt good,,brakes seemed good,,transitioned easy for side to side,,the thing that really bothers me besides the $21000 base price is the fact u cant work on these bikes a home,,to many special tools,,and electrical gadgetry,,it costs $21000 n u have to keep it on a battery charger while not in use,,,i have done all the basic mods on the 14 and the fjr myself ,,i dont know how well the bmw would take to these mods,,i have never ridden a c14 but would like to ride one,,,,

Ignore this member   
reynoldss

Expert Class
posted March 14, 2009 08:24 AM        
I test road one last weekend and got on the interstate and it was turning 4000 rpm at 68 miles an hour. I thought no way the gear indicator must be broke and keep tryng to get another gear but sadly it was in 6th gear. What in the world are they thinking? I then went and drove the c14 and itwas running 88mph at the same rpm. Anyway I liked the c14 better and it's sitting in my garage and I saved $8000. The oneI test drove stickered at $22,500. Honestly though it wasn't a money issue I just liked the c14 better.

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted March 14, 2009 01:57 PM        
8000 bucks will buy a lot of stuff.
  Ignore this member   
TedG

posted March 14, 2009 03:51 PM        
IMHO The C14 is a better bike. Some stuff may not be as good but the important stuff is. Better handling, slipper clutch, smoother motor, stronger motor, better tranny ratios, stronger brakes, no shaft jacking, Yada yada.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 15, 2009 12:15 AM        
quote:
8000 bucks will buy a lot of stuff.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
reynoldss

Expert Class
posted March 16, 2009 11:04 AM        Edited By: reynoldss on 17 Mar 2009 01:04
The shaft jacking was really suprising , that's the reason I got ride of my RT. I figured it would be better on the 1300gt but it wasn't. I miss the cruise control but I have a Throttle meister ordered, Yea 8000 will buy a lot of stuff. For starters it's going to be a Area P full exhaust, pc5, k&n, corbin seat, better windshield. Oh yea I got to get some raid and get ride of them flys. I really like the C14

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted March 17, 2009 11:01 AM        
Getting rid of the flies is a NO brainer, makes the bike sooooo much better in everyday use, to have them in is just plain silly! Full areap yeah, mee too! Pc5? Well there is good question, I do not know if FM is going to do specific pc5 tests, I contacted Jamie and it should be about 2 weeks or less for them to tune a bike with the full system, flies in and out.

I do believe that the pc5 hold more potential, but to extract it would require specific runs if they use speed input and gear position input, which it is capable of. That is the big difference besides autotune, but auto tune needs a base map on which to "fine tune by". I know FM can transfer a map to pc5 language, so to speak, but it is not specific to the pc5.

Bikes as far as electronics go are in the stone age compared to cars, yes the c-14 was a big leap but still not in the same class. Bike manufacturers are pushing the limits of engine technology (mechanical), but are running out of room. Naturaly asirated engines have a limit, yes, it were supercharged or turbo (you know they do not want to go there for lawsuits) they would have options.

The real way to get the most power is through the ecm, if it were flashable, but not now (most all cars, newer ones can be flashed). Piggy back systems like the pc3 and 5 do offer improvements, but not exactly accurate ones as they do not use all the sensors like the ecu does.

So I will wait to see what happens, if there are no specific maps for the pc5 I do not think there will be much of a difference in output, if any.

Just my .02,
Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
reynoldss

Expert Class
posted March 19, 2009 10:47 AM        
oncourse, Did you dyno tune the bike with the pc3 when you pulled the flys?

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted March 19, 2009 08:19 PM        
No, Just threw in fuel moto's map for flies out and slip on. Way more responsive, and as others have said, feels like there is an extra cylinder. Makes the bike feel like a big bore should, tons more torque. It is a mod that youdon't have to wander if it made a difference, you really feel it. I cannot wait for the full system (area p)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

2003 kx 500 SOLD

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted March 20, 2009 11:18 PM        Edited By: cls on 21 Mar 2009 13:20
Agreed. However, I'm wondering if you'll actually lose a little low-end w/the full system (As compared to the slip-on.), though you'll gain more top-end. I'll do the full exhaust, either way, for weight and heat. I just wonder...
  Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted March 21, 2009 01:14 PM        
We have no idea at the moment within 2 weeks we will know, but almost 30 more hp at 9900 is a HUGE gain, gotta be worth 10 mph on top. I will be in touch with jamie and make sure the info gets passed on in a timely fashon. Either way, fly's out is a no brainer...

Rob

2003 kx 500 SOLD

Ignore this member   
R6Richard

Novice Class
posted April 03, 2009 07:18 AM        
Does the 2009 BMW have the flobble-dobble, rubbery handle bars of its predecessor? I hate that.
  Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 04, 2009 02:36 AM        
quote:
Agreed. However, I'm wondering if you'll actually lose a little low-end w/the full system (As compared to the slip-on.), though you'll gain more top-end. I'll do the full exhaust, either way, for weight and heat. I just wonder...

You'd lose a bit of low end TQ compared to the stock cans, but you make up for that by pulling the flies and you'd only see huge gains at that in any case. The 30+ HP you'd likely not feel as it occurs right at the top, which is where most don't live, but you will see substantial gains in any case. You probably see gains in all ranges when comparing slipon to the full system...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
cls

Expert Class
posted April 08, 2009 05:58 AM        
Looks like it. From what I glanced at, the full system is at least equal to the slip-on (Even down low.), and puts more area under the graph everywhere else. Weight, sound, and heat loss on top of that. I'm in.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 2009 BMW K1300GT NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.4182550907135 seconds processing time