Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 2009 recalls on Showroom bikes? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TnC14

Parking Attendant
posted February 20, 2009 12:32 AM        
2009 recalls on Showroom bikes?

I'm looking at 3 different dealers' ABS C14's. (Price shopping).
How can be ensured all of the recall's have been performed, or if the bike came already modified?
(Rack, Bags, brakes, etc.)
What other issues should I look for before (or after) taking delivery?
Thanks in advance!
Muzzy's stepped tube header - Dual carbon oval cans.
Muzzy's lowering links.
BMC-Race air filter.
Flies out.

Ignore this member   
gpz1100

Expert Class
posted February 20, 2009 12:29 PM        
I haven't seen the brake recall in person, and it won't be any time soon mine goes to the dealer, so we'll have to wait and see. Someone posted some pics on the concours.org forum, but without seeing the whole thinig, it's really hard to tell what the change is.

Aside from that, the major recall is the saddle bag latches. The original ones were read, the replacements are orange.

The rear carrier recall is a joke. If you're going to carry anything of weight back there buy a real aluminum plate or have one made. Philipintexas (screen name) on the forum above makes some, you can also find them on ebay.

A few other vendors sell 'em too.

I had mine custom made with lightening holes around the perimeter Actually, they're for bungee attachment points.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted February 21, 2009 12:29 PM        
All the 09s have the rack and the latches. The only thing they don't have is the brake cover and the dealer is not allowed to let the bike go without all safety recalls done.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
oncourse

Expert Class
I hate flies!!!
posted February 22, 2009 02:28 AM        
they weren't supposed to let my '08 go out, but they were really nice about it as the parts were on backorder and I wanted to ride! I dropped the bags off and they did them, when they were done I came to pick them up and they put the rack on (2 min's). I wish all dealers were like them...

Rob

04 klr 250 Lots of mods and 70 MPG!!
08 Connie 2 bros. Carbon. Helibars. Flies out, PC3!!!
2003 kx 500 SOLD
2004 KX 500 In service now, whata BEAST!

Ignore this member   
markymark

Parking Attendant
posted March 08, 2009 03:31 AM        
This idea that the dealer can refuse to give a bike back is foreign to me. My service writer said as much in regards the brake recall; my bike was in for routine service when the recall was announced, and of course they couldn't get the brake cover thingie right away.

When she told me that she couldn't give me my bike back, I asked whether she had a court order or was she just going to cut me a check? Because if she planned to buy it from me, then I intended to negotiate the price... after some grandiose statements about property rights, her boss called and said "come get your bike, but we warned you"

Our point of agreement was that I was willing to sign a statement acknowledging the risk of riding a bike without the recall fix performed. Fine. Naturally, as soon as the part came in, I had it done. But when she tried to tell me that I couldn't have my property back, I got a little prickly.

Marky Mark

GS400 --> GpZ550 --> CB700S --> Concours14

Ignore this member   
garvin6

Novice Class
us citizen
posted March 08, 2009 03:47 AM        
My dealer called me to say that they were ordering the part and would call me when it came and this past friday the installed the brake lever cover (30min), no bid deal

Ignore this member     
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 08, 2009 09:24 AM        
believe the recalled latch is a different color.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
TedG

posted March 08, 2009 01:49 PM        
quote:
believe the recalled latch is a different color.

The original latches are red and the replacement are orange.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 13, 2009 12:28 AM        
thanks!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
jailcop

Novice Class
posted April 01, 2009 11:08 AM        
I rode mine for 2 months (being told by the dealer the recall was done) at my first service (at another dealer) I found out it WAS NOT DONE.

Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted April 11, 2009 11:28 PM        
Anyone have a picture of the brake recall part? My 09 wasn't done and the dealer says there's no recall on that VIN.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
TedG

posted April 12, 2009 04:51 AM        
I saw the one that was supposed to go on the 09, it is just a folded piece of metal say 2"x1" when they went to do it, they found it was already done. They pulled the right hand peg bracket to look.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted April 12, 2009 06:19 AM        
when i took my connie to get the front tire press monitor taken care of they did the brake recall. it took them less then 15 min. i think it took longer for the other guy and me to get the connit hooked up to the computer to register the id of the monitor than for chris to do the recall. it looked like a small plate that goes over the pivot ares to keep junk out of it.
i am worried about these monitors and what is comming up 3 years from now when the warente is out.

Ignore this member   
donnbauer

Novice Class
posted April 12, 2009 08:28 AM        
Just a note to all who ride with out getting the recall done. If you ride any where but to the dealer and the recall fails after notice they could claim freedom from liability...... Get the recall done.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: 2009 recalls on Showroom bikes? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.49524092674255 seconds processing time