Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: I think I killed my c14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TedG

posted March 02, 2009 10:57 AM        
quote:
Huh, I thought they started it at the shop? You said they charged it up and they thought it was a main bearing or a busted crank.

Did the oil light ever come on while it was running, did it spin the bearing? I would almost have to have said it was a rod bearing as they get oil last, at least typical plain bearing engines do.

Rob

I am not so sure they charged it up. It may have been the way I asked them. Something like did you charge it up and try to start it? And they just answered yes. So I may have assumed that they charged it, when they did not.
As far as the oil light, nothing nada. In fact I was looking for that when I restarted it and it went out immediately.
The thing was only running on 3, I guess it could have been that it blew the rod bearing and sealed up the oil hole with bearing material, hence the oil pressure. Kinda hard to say without looking at the engine. I will go look when I get a chance.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
wills

Parking Attendant
posted March 08, 2009 04:30 AM        
I was there last week getting a TPS linked to the ECM. I saw the bike and asked what the prognosis was. #1 & #4 crank bearings gone.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted March 08, 2009 10:53 AM        
quote:
I was there last week getting a TPS linked to the ECM. I saw the bike and asked what the prognosis was. #1 & #4 crank bearings gone.

Was that your TPS sensor they ordered a couple weeks back? When we found that both of my sensors didn't work I was eying that sensor.
I need to look at the engine.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
wills

Parking Attendant
posted March 09, 2009 06:29 AM        
Not mine, I bought one on E-Bay. Better to read the shop manual before removing the tire next time. I broke the tire bead at the valve stem, snapped the sensor into peices...oopps!
If it snows here one more time I swear I'm gonna murder someone at the Weather Channel!

Ignore this member   
smbear

Parking Attendant
posted March 09, 2009 09:25 AM        
quote:
Not mine, I bought one on E-Bay. Better to read the shop manual before removing the tire next time. I broke the tire bead at the valve stem, snapped the sensor into peices...oopps!
If it snows here one more time I swear I'm gonna murder someone at the Weather Channel!

the weather channel in my area is never ever right it says the same thing everyday . i use the local channels they seem to be on most of the time . i would love to go down and beat them silly. LOL....

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted March 09, 2009 01:28 PM        
quote:

I saw nothing about any snow and the next thing I know it is a white slick mess. Maybe the Weather channel should call someone in the Bay area and ask them to look out the window, or at least Truckee.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 13, 2009 12:27 AM        
crazy weather this year!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: I think I killed my c14 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.39382600784302 seconds processing time