Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: tires and mileage NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Danny c

Novice Class
posted September 27, 2008 08:45 AM        
tires and mileage

Hi, had some new pilot roads put on and I like them alot better. I used to have wheel spin under hard throttle. That is now gone and the front wheel comes up sometimes.
On fuel mileage I calculated 45.1 on a two hundred mile trip. Altitude was between 5 and 9 K.
Danny

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted September 28, 2008 06:26 PM        
i just filled mine up for the first time. got 40 mpg. i was hopeing it would be better. but the dealer filled it up so i can not tell you how full it really was. and i am going to guess it should pick up as it breaks in.
other than that wish i love the bike.

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted October 01, 2008 05:33 PM        
During my 50 mile round trip daily commute, which is 50% highway, 25% city, 25% country riding, I get 35 miles a gallon if I'm not heavy handed. Once I start ripping, it goes down to 25-30 miles a gallon.

Ignore this member   
KrautBurner

Parking Attendant
I like Boobies !!!
posted October 03, 2008 03:11 AM        
after 8K miles,

mine is pretty consistant around 42-44mpg

worst tank I've gotten was 38mpg

Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted October 18, 2008 09:38 AM        Edited By: Phytrax on 18 Oct 2008 17:39
I'm tempted to try the pilot roads. I don't like the stock tires at all. Back seems to lock up a lot easier than I'm used to on my ZX-14 which is understandable, but more of a difference than I expected. Even in the rain it 's worse where I thought the harder tires would be better.

I had the Pirelli Diablo Stradas on my ZX-14. Thinking about getting those for the Connie. Mileage was decent even with all the grunt of my ZX I was getting 5k out of the rear, maybe 8k from the front. I want to try the Pilot Roads but the extra traction of the Stradas would sure come in handy when you realize someone is stopped on the on ramp for the interstate and you're going 100 mph. Talk about a butt clincher.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
Smooth_G

Expert Class
posted October 20, 2008 05:36 PM        
i have an fjr1300,n a zx14,,i was thinking on getting a zx14 concours,,is it much faster then the fjr,,does it handle better,,i hear it is a hot bike,,that it needs better heat management
  Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted October 23, 2008 04:45 AM        
First of all the Concours is not a ZX. I haven't ridden a FJR but I've heard a few comparison's and they all seem to like the Concours better except for maybe the air temp gage on the FJR. I've had the ZX as have several people here and the Concours is a different animal, but I still really like it. It handles great and the power is amazing unless you're comparing to a supersport bike. My understanding is that the handling is better than the FJR due to better weight distribution for one. I didn't like the stock seat but with a Corbin seat I find it to be very comfortable. Many people like the stock seat though. I found more heat issues with the seat than the motor or airflow. The stock vinyl doesn't breathe. There is some heat on your legs, especially the first few hundred miles but I never had a real problem with it.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand

gpz1100

Expert Class
posted November 02, 2008 01:33 PM        
Last set of pr2's yielded ~7300 miles for the rear, and will probably yield close to 9K for the front.

This is riding in the midwest (Il/wi/ia/mn backroads). I've gotten quite aggressive in cornering and straight line speeds.

The first set of pr2's had LOTS of tread left when I swapped them out before a long trip at 10,1xx miles. They could of easily gone to prob 11-12K miles. Not sure what happened the next time around with such low miles, but suspect faster speeds, harder cornering, and hotter temps (summer) were the cause.

Ignore this member   
Smooth_G

Expert Class
posted November 02, 2008 11:39 PM        
i am using the pilot road 2s on my zx14,,,i got 5000 miles out of them,,could only get 1600 with the stock bridgestone tire,,i got 7500 miles out of the dunlop road smarts on my fjr 1300
  Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted November 07, 2008 11:36 PM        
Pilot Roads sounds a bit sacrilegious on a ZX-14, but then people said the same about my Corbin bags. I'm a little afraid to put them on my Concours but I guess I'll give it a shot.
KX450F - kickstand

zeexman

Expert Class
posted November 25, 2008 12:30 PM        
quote:
i have an fjr1300,n a zx14,,i was thinking on getting a zx14 concours,,is it much faster then the fjr,,does it handle better,,i hear it is a hot bike,,that it needs better heat management

I only had 10K+ on my 14 when I sold it but with the exception of excelleration I find the 14 and the Connie very similar in many ways. I am putting on my third set of tires on the Connie with 8700 miles on it.

Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted November 25, 2008 08:31 PM        
Wow. I ride my Connie pretty hard and I have 6,000 miles on the OEM tires with at least 2,000 left. I did put a lot of highway miles on it though.
KX450F - kickstand

All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: tires and mileage NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20619201660156 seconds processing time