Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tire replacement costs...Labor NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 19, 2008 12:28 AM        
Tire replacement costs...Labor

So, I brought the conny up to the dealer where I bought it to have some new shoes put on. PR2s. This place gave me a decent deal on the bike and everything is a little cheaper than the place where I've been going for the past decade or so. They dont post their rates...but I figured evrything else is cheaper, how bad could it be?...I call him the next day and he gives me a price of $325 to install 2 tires...WTF???...I rip into him on the phone and he says "maybe we've got our wires crossed, comon in and I'll double check the bill"I get there and he says "you were right, I was reading the wrong bill....the price is $250. Dumb fuck...him and me. I paid him and he lost a customer. I called my original dealer and they do the job for $75 per tire, whether you buy them there or not. What do you guys pay for this service?

Ignore this member   
wormgear

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2008 12:46 AM        Edited By: wormgear on 19 Jun 2008 07:49
The first set of pr2’s on my first bike, about 450 installed at my dealer. Pretty good price. Next time (next bike) they went up to about 530 installed so I got em through a local shop installed for about 480. I bought the pair that I just installed online for way cheap (can’t remember exactly) pulled the wheels myself (it's really easy once you're lined up to do it) and had that local shop mount and balance them for only 15 each.

If you have anyone but a dealer do it (and maybe them too) be sure to warn them that there’s a delicate TPS to avoid under the valve stem.

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 19, 2008 01:29 AM        
Tell me that price INCLUDES the tires....In my case I bought the tires online. He wanted 250 just to INSTALL the tires I grought to him

Ignore this member   
wormgear

Expert Class
posted June 19, 2008 06:45 AM        Edited By: wormgear on 19 Jun 2008 13:47
Yes sorry those prices included the tires. I don’t remember the breakdown but I know it was a lot more at the dealer if they didn’t sell you the tires. The local shop charges $100 to mount balance and install 2 tires on your bike if you bring them the tires and like I said, only 30 if you R&R the wheels.

Yes, 250 is insane!

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted June 19, 2008 11:34 PM        Edited By: Hells Dark Lord on 20 Jun 2008 06:44
our local track will do them for free usually....if you take the wheels off and just take them the wheels...

Paying more than $30-$40 TO change out tires is crazy....it only takes about 10 minutes to do.

I bought a set of Pilot Road 2's off ebay for $304 to the door and had them mounted at the track......It sucks you guys are getting raped like that.....

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 20, 2008 12:44 PM        
They got me once...now I bad mouth them to every rider I know. I can deal with 75 per tire. That other price is just a rip....fuck em.

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted June 22, 2008 12:31 PM        
$150 to change tires....screw that....thats half the price of the tires....thats nuts.....

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 22, 2008 09:59 PM        
It's the best price I can find in the area of NYC. I dont have a garage to own the equipment.

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted June 22, 2008 11:57 PM        
I cn understand that.....but it still sucks ass to charge that much money to change tires, hell I use to change tires with tire irons....I would do it again before I spent that much money.....I hate it for you guys....

Ignore this member   
gpz1100

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2008 11:45 PM        
I deal with a local scooter place to mount/bal tires.. $20 a wheel off the bike.

The place I got the bike from wanted 65 or 75 per wheel (off the bike), to mt/bal tires..

Crazy!

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted June 27, 2008 12:27 AM        
*shakes my head*

Ignore this member   
daysoffIride

Novice Class
posted June 27, 2008 01:50 PM        
PR2s, Mounted up, $368 for the tires, and $46.00 for the mounting....(for both), drove my bike in, had the latch and rack recall work done at the same time.... Fair price all around..... great Arizona dealer...... One of very few I might add....

'08 ZG 1400
'08 KLR 650
'05 Prarie V- twin 700 Quad

Ignore this member   
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted June 30, 2008 06:50 AM        
Ive got about 1000 miles on the PR2s...good call Ted...I like em!!

Ignore this member   
DB

Pro
posted July 03, 2008 10:11 AM        
I've got 4 bikes in the garage now, and ones a track bike that goes through tires like there's no tomorrow. So I just bought a tire changer and I'm going to start doing them myself.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted July 06, 2008 09:24 AM        
my local shop charges 30 a tire when you buy it from them, i got pilot powers front and back for my 14 for 230 plus 60 to put them on. the concours may be harder to take the wheels off i dont know
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Scott_321

Parking Attendant
posted July 15, 2008 12:16 PM        
I don't know how these c14 wheels and tires are yet but I do my supermoto stuff with my dirtbike stand. I use pilot powers on those rims and I can push on about 80% of the tire with my hands before needing tire irons. I even balance them myself. I had to buy the dirtbike stand because the shops were starting to get near $100 to mount a set of dirtbike tires. It's getting crazy.
  Ignore this member   
drewherc130

Expert Class
posted August 14, 2008 06:57 AM        
On my last bike, VTX1800, I paid about $125 for mounting tires. Haven't gotten new ones on the C14 yet.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted August 14, 2008 09:11 AM        
ya'll are on crack paying these prices. Ross at Velocity Moto charges me $25 per wheel, no matter where I buy the tires. I won't let anyone else do it because I worry about my wheels getting scratched.

Maybe he charges others 30 or such, I'm a regular customer there

http://www.velocitymoto.com/
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Phytrax

Zone Head
posted March 31, 2009 02:03 AM        
Guy by me was doing any tire for $27 I think. But I think he's trying to get away from people bringing in tires from the internet. Supposedly some of the tires are defective, I dunno. He's a good guy but I know he makes a lot more if you buy from him, so I can't blame him. I can't find anywhere close to his price around here though. The shop is Blair's Motorcycle Repair in Carriere, MS.
RIP+ZX-14- Brock's Gen3, Heli Risers, Corbin Bags, Corbin Seat and Oval Backrest (Burgandy Snakeskin and black alligator), Muzzys Frame Sliders, flies out, 18t front sprocket, PC3, Puig Double Bubble, Pirelli Diablo Strada's
KX450F - kickstand
>>> MySpace --CLICK-- <<<

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phytrax's homepage. 
TedG

posted April 01, 2009 07:40 AM        
$0 Takes me a little less than an hour to dismount, mount, and balance both tires. I know the job is done right. I can think of other things I can spend $50-250 dollars on. I wish everyone lived close by, I could give lessons on tire changing and balancing. I just went over to the Triumph shop yesterday and gave them a lesson on how to true spoked wheels.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted April 01, 2009 07:41 AM        Edited By: TedG on 6 Apr 2009 02:04
quote:
Ive got about 1000 miles on the PR2s...good call Ted...I like em!!

The good part is the handling does not go to pot at the end of the tire life.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
MasterBlaster

Expert Class
posted April 02, 2009 11:34 AM        Edited By: MasterBlaster on 3 Apr 2009 01:36
I take mine to an auto tire shop. Charges 15 bux a pop, and doesnt scratch or damage the wheel. Buy the tires online, and static balance myself. I used to do it all but its worth the 15 to me to not screw with it. Same shop does the local Zuke dealers tire work also. Look around for an independent shop, they want the business and do a good job. of course that is wheel off the bike, and I also remove the brake rotors.
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted April 12, 2009 02:27 AM        
tire and mounting prices are going up all the time since that last post there has been about $100 increase in the tires and mounting overall cost. in 2007 = around $300 installed, 2009 = over $400 installed, the 2cts are more than the regular pilots but prices are going up up up.
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
bradys14

Parking Attendant
posted April 18, 2009 04:12 AM        
same thing happened to me with tires

quote:
So, I brought the conny up to the dealer where I bought it to have some new shoes put on. PR2s. This place gave me a decent deal on the bike and everything is a little cheaper than the place where I've been going for the past decade or so. They dont post their rates...but I figured evrything else is cheaper, how bad could it be?...I call him the next day and he gives me a price of $325 to install 2 tires...WTF???...I rip into him on the phone and he says "maybe we've got our wires crossed, comon in and I'll double check the bill"I get there and he says "you were right, I was reading the wrong bill....the price is $250. Dumb fuck...him and me. I paid him and he lost a customer. I called my original dealer and they do the job for $75 per tire, whether you buy them there or not. What do you guys pay for this service?

Finally I am on board. So I take my bike into the dealer where I bought it a 06 zx14, and I need it inspected, oil change and just a check of everything to make sure it is ready for the season. I know it needs a back tire, but I wait for them to tell me when they give me the wstimate for everything. They want $238 bucks not counting the mounting and balance charge which is another $44.00. It is a Bridge stone tire. So I go online to a couple of places and price out the same tire. It is $147.00 on one site and $153 on the other. I call back and go over the whole thing and they dropped the price to $175.00.
Thats better, but it is still fucked up.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Tire replacement costs...Labor NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.42229700088501 seconds processing time