Concourse 14 / GTR1400
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Suzuki Strikes Back with All New Hayabusa for 2008! *HI RES PIX* NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted December 02, 2008 01:42 PM        Edited By: smokinzx14 on 2 Dec 2008 22:05
We see very few 08 and 09 busas here , we do see a lot of zx14s ... Depending on the rider skill and weight we see the zx14s running 8.70s to 9.30s .. Most of the Busas that come to the track are older ones (99 to 07 ) and either have a turbo or built motor ( 1397s )

From watching Wee and Bently as well as reading other bike forms the 08 and 09 busas with stock motors run the same numbers as the 06 to 09 zx14s ..If rider weight , skills and mods are the same it's a draw with no real winner ..

The way i look at is this > buy the one you like and go riding ... You can buy anything for the zx14s that you can buy for the Busas as far as speed parts ( big bore , strokers , turbos Ect ) So it comes down to what you like ...

What we see at our drag strip here in fl are 100s of Gixxers , on any given night at the track the Gixxers will out number the zx14s and Busas 8 to 1 ... We have yet to see one Vmax and we see a zx10 from time to time ...The Gixxers run well , the ones with stock motors run low 9s with a good rider and the ones with built motors run high 8s ... The zx10s will do the same ... Mod for mod the Gixxers and zx10 are vey very close ..

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 02, 2008 03:05 PM        
At our little track, there are 4 14's that are regulars, 3 busas that are regulars, 1 1197 e model, and 1 gsxr1k. The two built 14's run 5.70's, the piped and stretched gen2 busa runs 6.30's air shifting the gen1's run 6.50-6.60 stretched lol., I run 6.60ish, the other 14 runs 6.80's (we're both only running straps and bones) and the 1k runs 5.90 but he's on a shootout bike.

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 02, 2008 04:15 PM        
OH BAWLS

quote:
He's just trolling again. He doesn't even own a bike lol... just lives vicariously through his friends and better hope to god that they never end up in florida, california, or texas. It would be bad for him to lose his role model :P
OH BAWLS do you need some cheese with that whine I said I personally like the 14 and I think its a great bike my freinds on the otherhand like the BUSA better and they go faster at the track to each his own thats their choice you need to stop attacking the riders that dont agree with you were supposed to having a good time talking motorcycles So why make silly threats that are never going take place if you want to get together and have some fun and do some racing we can arrange that everyones so far apart we would have to meet somwhere like the ATCO nationals or some major event thats worth making into a vacation SO lighten up on the IDLE THREATS try to to have some fun We are all here because we love motorcycles but dont have to agree on everything thats what makes it fun what would we do without competition wouldnt it be boring COOL OUT AND HAVE A NICE DAY

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 02, 2008 04:15 PM        Edited By: Wheelie on 3 Dec 2008 00:20
bawls, I went 6.30 on my 3rd pass at stock wheelbase, piped and lowered. those Dudes cant ride! like Smokin said, 64", air shifters my 14 and Gen II run the same 1/8 mile time and speed, but 1/4 mile my Busa is faster than my 14, could be the aerodynamics?

wee

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 02, 2008 06:33 PM        
DA is anywhere from 4,200 to 5,000 ft. Hopefully it'll drop this weekend since it's been quite a bit cooler lately. I know for a fact that that track runs slower, because at the track that I got banned from here (which has a 115 mph speed limit because it's in the qualcomm stadium parking lot and doesn't have enough shutdown room) I went 6.40's at 117 in showroom stock form. The next night I went to the track that I run 60's at and was only able to go 6.71@ 109-111. The busa that runs 6.30's out there is doing 1.45 60fts on average, so i'm going to say that it's probably not the rider. The bikes are so close, that it's really a riders race. Hey wheelie... what times did you turn at Paris on your 14 when you ran at the ralley in the valley bike show?

smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted December 02, 2008 08:47 PM        Edited By: smokinzx14 on 3 Dec 2008 05:01
quote:
bawls, I went 6.30 on my 3rd pass at stock wheelbase, piped and lowered. those Dudes cant ride! like Smokin said, 64", air shifters my 14 and Gen II run the same 1/8 mile time and speed, but 1/4 mile my Busa is faster than my 14, could be the aerodynamics?

wee
Wee i don't know if aeros have much to do with it .( I could be wrong )... If you remember Brocks zx14 went 200 with a light pro rider and his 08 Busa went 201 with a light pro rider .. One MPH ? not much difference there . A lot of things could have cause that difference. What i do see and i have said this before the zx14 seems to 60 and 330 a bit better but gives up some MPH to the Busa in the 1/4 mile .. My MPH is down about one MPH Vs a 08 Busa with the same ETs ... But i drag my feet and they never get put back on the pegs and i know that kills some MPH .. When i did get my feet on the pegs i have run as fast as 157 about the same as a 08 busa .. Most times with my feet down it's 154 and change... To me it's all comes down to rider between the two bikes ...

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 02, 2008 08:59 PM        
you don't drag your feet... your feet flail around in the wind as you try not to get sucked off of the back of your space shuttle...

FREAK

Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted December 02, 2008 09:33 PM        
bawls, I ran a 6.18 at Paris, only one run in the teens, track didnt hook well

wee

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 02, 2008 09:42 PM        
That hump 3/4 the way down sucks too lol. That's where my dad went the 6.05 on my bike. he also runs 7.40's on his white M109R out there. I guess that it helps that he's been racing out there since 1978 lol.

madboost

Expert Class
posted December 03, 2008 05:21 AM        
quote:

wee

i ran 5.98@124mph, piped,lowered,straped and air shifted on stock wheelbase 14, could it be the the busas aerodynamics? or maybe the busa just fits you riding style better, either way bikes are as close as it gets like smoking said.
ONly thing i give to busas is if you want to go all out, busa is a split case design much better for doing motor work then the 14.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 03, 2008 07:28 AM        
quote:
quote:

wee

i ran 5.98@124mph, piped,lowered,straped and air shifted on stock wheelbase 14, could it be the the busas aerodynamics? or maybe the busa just fits you riding style better, either way bikes are as close as it gets like smoking said.
ONly thing i give to busas is if you want to go all out, busa is a split case design much better for doing motor work then the 14.

busa's conventional frame design makes engine easier to work on if you have big hands.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 03, 2008 02:46 PM        
good thing i've got bitch hands lol

IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 07, 2008 07:30 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

busa's conventional frame design makes engine easier to work on if you have big hands.
CARPENTER RACING says they always make more HP with the BUSA than they can with the ZX14 and its less expensive

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted December 07, 2008 07:50 PM        
I also saw that mod for mod the 14 puts the smack down first hand.

smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted December 07, 2008 08:51 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

CARPENTER RACING says they always make more HP with the BUSA than they can with the ZX14 and its less expensive
Never say never ... Bob also said everytime he builds a zx14 he finds more HP ...Busas are his bread and butter and doesn't spend much time doing R&D on the zx14 ... He has had since 99 to do R&D on Busas and only 3 years on the zx14 ,so give it a little time ... Coby Adams has done a lot more R&D on the zx14 , all you have to do is look what the zx14 is doing in AMA Prostar and you will see it is doing very well in a very short time ... Sure it costs more right now because someone has to pay for the R&D on a new bike , as time moves on prices will drop ..

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 08, 2008 09:42 AM        
YEP I working with BOB on a TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 project and we have several bikes that were running bobs engine packages there are several good running 14s out there we run atco every week during the season and we see them all lots of big buck grudge races RICKEY G is there all the time with his KAWS MIKE SLOWE with the VELOCITY bikes All the fast guys run ATCO
  Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted December 08, 2008 03:56 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wee

Never say never ... Bob also said everytime he builds a zx14 he finds more HP ...Busas are his bread and butter and doesn't spend much time doing R&D on the zx14 ... He has had since 99 to do R&D on Busas and only 3 years on the zx14 ,so give it a little time ... Coby Adams has done a lot more R&D on the zx14 , all you have to do is look what the zx14 is doing in AMA Prostar and you will see it is doing very well in a very short time ... Sure it costs more right now because someone has to pay for the R&D on a new bike , as time moves on prices will drop ..

THEY RAN a 14 fri night at ATCO 8.26@166 no juice sounds peppy huh

Ignore this member   
jokeli

Parking Attendant
posted July 23, 2009 08:00 PM        Edited By: jokeli on 24 Jul 2009 04:05

thanks for the nice article, great job!
....................................................................................................

Ignore this member   
Obba

Expert Class
posted July 24, 2009 12:21 AM        
Shane, your big post count has gone!!

Welcome Jokeli to the forum. Nothing like reading up on old posts eh?

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted October 02, 2009 03:16 AM        
quote:
Well I'm going to step and say I like the new Busa, Give me a black with the gold wheels and I'll be happy. Still on the fence as which will be faster the 14 or 08 Busa. I'm leaning the Busa way, Just hard to Believe Suzuki would release a new bike that was not just alittle better. I'm guessing the new Busa will be a .10 faster mod for mod. New 14 in 09 is what I have heard.

Regards

Vanberk

_____
simulation de pret
new Booza? its 3 years old, mod for mod you say the Booza is faster? do you own the new Booza? the 08-09 ZX-14 is faster, ive got time slips to show it. ive owned both. btw welcome to the site.

wee

Ignore this member   
duncan

Expert Class
posted October 02, 2009 05:43 PM        
Wee at the last Mirock race I was behind Brock at the concession stand and I point blank asked him which was faster and made the most power mod for mod and he said the busa but by just a little. It basically comes down to the rider...I own both 07 14 and 08 busa.
  Ignore this member   
jaybirdzx14

Parking Attendant
posted February 26, 2011 06:17 AM        
I had 2008 hayabusa and was a great bike.
  Ignore this member   
Flame On

Needs a life
Fuel Air & Spark
posted February 26, 2011 07:02 PM        
Was a great bike. Looks like you have a 14 now why the change . Many of us here are still sportin high milage 06 & 07 ZX14's still running stong.

Ignore this member   
Ratfink

Novice Class
posted February 27, 2011 10:18 AM        Edited By: Ratfink on 27 Feb 2011 18:19
our local track here we have tons of 1000's that race about a dozen busas that come out on a regualr basis and im the only 14 that visits the track on a regular basis theres a few at bike night during the summer but i dont ever see them at our dragstrip
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted November 10, 2012 02:55 PM        
HEHEHE

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 12 pages long: 1  -  <10  -  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CONCOURS14.com > Thread: Suzuki Strikes Back with All New Hayabusa for 2008! *HI RES PIX* NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22824311256409 seconds processing time