Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 04 R1 Munches on 08 CBR1000RR!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: 04 R1 Munches on 08 CBR1000RR!!! [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ]
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 17, 2008 09:07 PM        Edited By: zx1kr on 17 Jun 2008 21:09
04 R1 Munches on 08 CBR1000RR!!!

I don't know what all the hype about the CBR1k is? I crucified one tonight in brutal fashion! Several roll-ons all over 70mph starts in 3rd & 4th. I was riding my old ass 2004 R1 with alittle work. Anyone in suffolk cty L..I with an 08 CBR? Black/silver/red? I'll be lookin for more of them. I'm an equal opportunity rider, I'm lookin' to come across an 08 ZX10 I'd like to see how that fares. I know the 07 ZX10 didn't have much for this R1. I'll be sure to keep you updated Adam.

Ignore this member   
bulers

Novice Class
posted June 18, 2008 07:17 AM        
quote:
I don't know what all the hype about the CBR1k is? I crucified one tonight in brutal fashion! Several roll-ons all over 70mph starts in 3rd & 4th. I was riding my old ass 2004 R1 with alittle work. Anyone in suffolk cty L..I with an 08 CBR? Black/silver/red? I'll be lookin for more of them. I'm an equal opportunity rider, I'm lookin' to come across an 08 ZX10 I'd like to see how that fares. I know the 07 ZX10 didn't have much for this R1. I'll be sure to keep you updated Adam.

I thought you said in another post your R1 was extensively modified and lightened and was producing 185 - 190 HP at the wheel. No great surprise here then.

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted June 18, 2008 12:12 PM        
quote:
quote:

I thought you said in another post your R1 was extensively modified and lightened and was producing 185 - 190 HP at the wheel. No great surprise here then.

Yeah, he likes to tell stories, you'll get used to it.

He went from bragging his R1 has Carbon Fiber wheels, weighs 410 pounds with gas, makes almost 200 hp at the rear wheel, and is a 4-year long project.

Now it's just an "old ass 2004 R1 with alittle work". OK

I say good job, anyone who beats a stock $11,000 bike with a $20,000, 4-year build-up with top kit, "Superbike" in a roll-on should be considered a joke, oopps, I meant respected, yeah sure.

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
cls

Expert Class
posted June 18, 2008 01:01 PM        
Hmmm...The bottome line is the litre bikes (And most all bikes these days.) are great bikes. It's just a matter of buying your choice in the right class of bike. In the litre bike class, all of them will outperform all but a very few riders in stock form. After that, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend, for how many mods., to achieve what goal. What's the big deal?

Me? I'll almost certainly go RR, as Honda still has the best engineering/design, fit and finish, and refinement, and it's the lightest. Having said that, I've been on a Kawi tear the last couple of years. The ZX is tempting. Were I primarily a track rider, I'd go green.

Buy a bike and ride. Life is good. And short.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 18, 2008 06:51 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

He went from bragging his R1 has Carbon Fiber wheels, weighs 410 pounds with gas, makes almost 200 hp at the rear wheel, and is a 4-year long project.

I say good job, anyone who beats a stock $11,000 bike with a $20,000, 4-year build-up with top kit, "Superbike" in a roll-on should be considered a joke, oopps, I meant respected, yeah sure.

Ah , as sure as the sun rises. I was sure you'd be the pathetic douchebag I've come to know & love. I threw the R1 on the Dyno right before this episode & I had some what of a problem with getting the peak #'s that I expected. I expected 180ish at the wheel It pulled below 170hp at the wheel, I'm sure It's gonna make more than that but that is where it was when I ran the CBR. As far as 4 years? I only bought the bike in late may of 07 used! Motor came out of bike in august back in in Nov 07 . Had about 200 miles on her by 1st week of march 08'. Now I suspect it's just in the cam timing & setting the ign. module. And that it had about 400 miles on it. But thats the facts Jack. By the way I weigh 250lb geared up. The CBR pilot was maybe 170 w/ gear unless he was carrying gold ingots in his pockets? So yea, my old ass used R1 walked on the CBR. I'll post the dyno sheet if you'd like? Fuckin Jerk. I could pull a plug wire and be faster than you, fuck I could pull two. You ain't even got a bike.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 18, 2008 06:53 PM        
Next time I go out huntin' er uh ridin' . I'll bring the video camera.

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted June 19, 2008 10:02 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah , as sure as the sun rises. I was sure you'd be the pathetic douchebag I've come to know & love. I threw the R1 on the Dyno right before this episode & I had some what of a problem with getting the peak #'s that I expected. I expected 180ish at the wheel It pulled below 170hp at the wheel, I'm sure It's gonna make more than that but that is where it was when I ran the CBR. As far as 4 years? I only bought the bike in late may of 07 used! Motor came out of bike in august back in in Nov 07 . Had about 200 miles on her by 1st week of march 08'. Now I suspect it's just in the cam timing & setting the ign. module. And that it had about 400 miles on it. But thats the facts Jack. By the way I weigh 250lb geared up. The CBR pilot was maybe 170 w/ gear unless he was carrying gold ingots in his pockets? So yea, my old ass used R1 walked on the CBR. I'll post the dyno sheet if you'd like? Fuckin Jerk. I could pull a plug wire and be faster than you, fuck I could pull two. You ain't even got a bike.

Make up your mind.

You a politician?

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
bulers

Novice Class
posted June 19, 2008 11:51 AM        
quote:

By the way I weigh 250lb geared up. The CBR pilot was maybe 170 w/ gear unless he was carrying gold ingots in his pockets? So yea, my old ass used R1 walked on the CBR. I'll post the dyno sheet if you'd like? .

Wow! you must be awesome! That must be the only possible explanation.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 19, 2008 06:26 PM        
quote:
quote:

By the way I weigh 250lb geared up. The CBR pilot was maybe 170 w/ gear unless he was carrying gold ingots in his pockets? So yea, my old ass used R1 walked on the CBR. I'll post the dyno sheet if you'd like? .

Wow! you must be awesome! That must be the only possible explanation.

Wow! SOMEBODY FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.....

Thank You!

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 19, 2008 06:38 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Make up your mind.

You a politician?

Follow my posts Jerkoff. This is no secret, I posted that I thought it felt 180ish hp wise. I was alittle off on the peak# it will get worked out. It blows the doors off everything to 11K. Then, it falls off. I just gotta get the time to get in it. It's june stupid, I own a very busy bike shop. Huh, maybe thats why I did the bike in the OFF season? Bottom line, bring your CBR down & I'll show ya how fast it is head up against a nice lil' R1. By the way, this is the same R1 your were going to blow away at the track with you piloting a $4000.00 used R6. God, I can only imagine how fast you'd be on an 08 CBR1k?
Truly mind blowing!!! LMAO!!!

Dude, why don't you just call it a day & just stop. Then. I'll stop & we can be friends all over again.

Now, this is where you say "OK, Bill I've had enough of this stupidity. I'm ready to call it a day"

Then, I'll say "Fair enough adam, have a nice night!"

Read & think!

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted June 22, 2008 07:11 PM        
quote:

Follow my posts Jerkoff.

Why would I do that?

You're nobody.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 22, 2008 08:35 PM        
Gave you a chance to end this. You just couldn't bring yourself to do that. I'm Nobody? Yep. But, what are you then? A bikeless, wannabe nobody? Dude, your a C.O? Excitiing! A fuckin glorified zoo keeper of humans. You should be proud! I on the other hand made enough money in my business to retire from that business at 40 yrs. old. I opened a MC shop so I could do what I love. I have a stable of beautiful bikes & beautiful women in my life. I answer to no one but the fuckin tax man. So yea, I'm one happy fuckin nobody. I wouldn't have it any other way.

You are just human garbage, with nothing but a trailer in the swamp. Go away Adam. Cuz, this is gonna get worse for you before it gets better .

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 23, 2008 07:36 AM        
zx1kr + adam.... keep the smack talk in the smack house, only tech talk in the model specific sections ... I'm really busy and don't have the time to police both of you, so stop fishing each other and duke it out in the appropriate forum.

Thanks!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 23, 2008 07:55 AM        
quote:
zx1kr + adam.... keep the smack talk in the smack house, only tech talk in the model specific sections ... I'm really busy and don't have the time to police both of you, so stop fishing each other and duke it out in the appropriate forum.

Thanks!

+1

I've tried to do that as you know. I've even tried to give Adam an exit route outta this. But, he just can't seem to contain himself. As long as he no longer feels a need to post his jibberish, I won't feel a need to respond.

Adam, there is a thread in the smackhouse dedicated to you. Please feel free to let me know how you really feel in that thread!

zx1kr

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted June 24, 2008 01:26 PM        
Thread has been mirrored to Smackhouse for "discussion"
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 24, 2008 01:38 PM        
Just for arguments sake, I caught my 1st 08 Busa, piped & tuned. He hit it with probably a good 6 to 8 lengths on me. I reeled in more than half that distance b4 we had to put the brakes on. I offered to go again on an even roll & he adamantly declined & went on his way. The moral of this story is that the busa put up a much better fight that the lowly CBR did.
Didn't someone say they were nuetered up top? I can surely believe that.

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted June 24, 2008 03:01 PM        
Bill it's a Honda..... Need more be said ? Honda can produce a hell of a proto type bike and NEVER make it to the street with it before they turn GAY and rip it's balls off.

Ignore this member   
jeff martin

Pro (closed)
jamming
posted June 24, 2008 08:36 PM        
Honda never had any intention of building a straight liner. So this comparison is worthless ! Hit the canyon with one of your Hardleyableson and then make a comparison. Some funny shit ! Where do people find the time to post this bullshit when they should be fixing there harley piece of shit !

Ignore this member    Click here to visit jeff martin's homepage. 
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 24, 2008 08:58 PM        
quote:
Honda never had any intention of building a straight liner. So this comparison is worthless ! Hit the canyon with one of your Hardleyableson and then make a comparison. Some funny shit ! Where do people find the time to post this bullshit when they should be fixing there harley piece of shit !

Dude, what fuckin' planet did u just land on? Whos talkin about Harleys here? I lit the CBR up EVERYWHERE! Straights & twisties! With an R1! Not a harley. It was a joke. No unlike what I used to do to the fat, slow cbrs of old with my ZX10. The Busa at least made it interesting. I would've needed about another 100' of acceleration to put a solid pass on him.
Come to think of it, I've got 2 HDs' that'll blow the fuckin' doors off that new CBR too. lol....

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 24, 2008 08:59 PM        
quote:
Bill it's a Honda..... Need more be said ? Honda can produce a hell of a proto type bike and NEVER make it to the street with it before they turn GAY and rip it's balls off.

Good Point! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ignore this member   
reggiegroober

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2008 04:54 AM        
wow,

someone's got a really bad case of short man's syndrome, must have been breast fed till he was 15 at least.

you seem to win every drag race you're ever in, you should go pro, by the way you post, guys like smoking wouldn't stand a chance.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted June 25, 2008 06:52 AM        
quote:
must have been breast fed till he was 15 at least.

sexy!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 25, 2008 06:54 AM        
quote:
wow,

someone's got a really bad case of short man's syndrome, must have been breast fed till he was 15 at least.

you seem to win every drag race you're ever in, you should go pro, by the way you post, guys like smoking wouldn't stand a chance.

Hey, some of you guys should really learn comprehensive READING!

I've not dragraced any of these two bikes, when I blew the doors off the CBR it was initially from a ROLL-ON. Then we caught some backroad twisties & I had to wait for him to keep him in sight. Ya, maybe he wasn't the greatest on the backroads. Or, maybe I'm pretty good.
Regardless, I left him like Christ left the Jews! The Busa made a much better showing, just would've held the 6 to 8 length jump he got for longer than another 100' more than where we had to start braking. Again, a roll-on. I'm not gonna take him outta the hole. This R1 lifts the front wheel in ALL 6 gears. It wasn't put together to drag race. I road race with it. Roll-ons tell wonders about power. Drag racing is definitely a skill thing that although I can do it. I prefer not to on this R1. When the ZX14 gets put back together, then I'll be lining up more often.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted June 25, 2008 07:03 AM        
What i've noticed with these honda loyalists is, they really never have anything pertinent or remotely intelligent to say in response to accounts of their Honda brandmark gettin' a new asshole ripped by another brand. It's always just sorry ass lil' insults & name calling.
I put my money where my mouth is & I think that just leaves them seriously wanting & NOT getting any satisfaction! So, what's left to do other that post 5th grade level insults.

Ignore this member   
jeff martin

Pro (closed)
jamming
posted June 25, 2008 10:00 AM        
quote:
quote:

Dude, what fuckin' planet did u just land on? Whos talkin about Harleys here? I lit the CBR up EVERYWHERE! Straights & twisties! With an R1! Not a harley. It was a joke. No unlike what I used to do to the fat, slow cbrs of old with my ZX10. The Busa at least made it interesting. I would've needed about another 100' of acceleration to put a solid pass on him.
Come to think of it, I've got 2 HDs' that'll blow the fuckin' doors off that new CBR too. lol....

Sounds like to me a CBR spanked you and your pissed. I had a 929 and loved it, There a very high quality bike that handle like there on rails. I was referring to your list of harleys.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit jeff martin's homepage. 
All times are PST(US) [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 04 R1 Munches on 08 CBR1000RR!!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.419461011887 seconds processing time