Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
SteveWFL

posted November 26, 2008 02:19 PM        
VMAX - looking at the weight and the price it seems they're selling it by the pound
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 26, 2008 04:26 PM        
VROD VMAX ZX14

quote:
VMAX - looking at the weight and the price it seems they're selling it by the pound
YES it is pricey for a JAP bike but the VROD costs more and cant compare only makes 107 rwhp compared to to 174 and the v rods just as heavy so its totally outclassed the B king is great performer but not comfy and really ugly and hard to launch HEY did you watch superbikes lastnight they couldnt get the 08 zx14 in the nines ????? they made 38 passes total that was my point about comparing showroom stock bikes no straps, lowering links,extensions,gearing etc.

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted November 26, 2008 04:37 PM        Edited By: Shane661 on 27 Nov 2008 00:38
If I take my 14 out to 66" and it goes 10.1's I'll be pissed!

I'll just keep it at 64" if 66" is going to cause me to add .8 seconds and lose 10 mph.

Of course Dale Walker could probably go 8.90's or better on my stock motor bike.....

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 26, 2008 05:53 PM        Edited By: bawls on 27 Nov 2008 03:19
Not everyone can put a zx14 into the 9's in stock form.... I'd rather have to say that than to have to say "nobody can put the vmax into the 9's" lmfao

Brockland Police Badge # 001

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Bawls's homepage. 
turbomark

Expert Class
Brock's SMEG 188.82 hp.
posted November 27, 2008 06:20 AM        
quote:
What does he run on the 14? Tell him that I said hello and am waiting to see what he can do with the max. When are you guys going to get some video up of his LE? I know lamont called him a liar and kicked him off the boards because he also saw the light and called their bluff about saying that the raw taz wasn't running as advertised. I've been having fun. I knew what was going on as soon as I saw ATCO pop up on there. It seems like you guys follow mark around and give him shit everywhere he goes lol. I'll tell you what... you fly me out to NJ, I'll ride mark's 14 against the new max, and whoever loses buys the beer that night. Deal?
Get him Bawls!!!

Ignore this member   
turbomark

Expert Class
Brock's SMEG 188.82 hp.
posted November 27, 2008 06:28 AM        
quote:
HEY BAWLS my freind thats getting the max also owns a 14 lowered stretched broc pipe etc oh now your gonna talk shit and run your mouth about how fast you are I never said I was fast or a superstar like you Dont tell us how fast you are prove it and IM going to wait and see first hand I think the MAXES were released so we will find out soon OH FAST109 says HI and have a happy thanksgiving like I said before the MAX will be hard to beat on the street oh by the way fast109 is going to race TURBLOW this weekend with the 109 IM betting on the109 are we havin fun yet????
Now you are dreaming, Shaq ain't beating my sorry ass on a 14 with a flat tire!! He can't ride anyway, so that makes us both sorry asses. The difference is I will be shifting my bike and MPS will be shifting his, so I'm less sorry than he is. And if you think he can win a roll on, you better put the pipe down!! Oh and by the way how much money you putting on it??

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 27, 2008 08:27 AM        
109 vs zx14

quote:
quote:
HEY BAWLS my freind thats getting the max also owns a 14 lowered stretched broc pipe etc oh now your gonna talk shit and run your mouth about how fast you are I never said I was fast or a superstar like you Dont tell us how fast you are prove it and IM going to wait and see first hand I think the MAXES were released so we will find out soon OH FAST109 says HI and have a happy thanksgiving like I said before the MAX will be hard to beat on the street oh by the way fast109 is going to race TURBLOW this weekend with the 109 IM betting on the109 are we havin fun yet????
Now you are dreaming, Shaq ain't beating my sorry ass on a 14 with a flat tire!! He can't ride anyway, so that makes us both sorry asses. The difference is I will be shifting my bike and MPS will be shifting his, so I'm less sorry than he is. And if you think he can win a roll on, you better put the pipe down!! Oh and by the way how much money you putting on it??
YO TURBLOW u gonna hav da do sum racin dis weekend uh u shud try MPS YEP shaq ses he can beat your sorry ass with the 109 LIGHT to LIGHT OR IT AINT RIGHT O TA TURBLOW?????

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 27, 2008 09:16 AM        
How about jump out on the turnpike and run tollbooth to tollbooth... that'll be interesting

IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 27, 2008 12:01 PM        
YO BAWLS you dont want us to bring out the big bikes do you??? this all started cause I said I think the new max was going to give a showroom stockzx14 a run in the quatermile now you want to race 109s on the turnpike you are a silly goose
  Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 27, 2008 01:08 PM        
If I was racing you, I'd get out of your sight and then exit off so that you were still blasting at high speeds and I could escape without going to jail

IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 02:37 PM        
quote:
If I was racing you, I'd get out of your sight and then exit off so that you were still blasting at high speeds and I could escape without going to jail
YO BAWLS I was reading BROCKS 2008 zx14 press intro and see he couldnot run a 9 sec time in over 20 passes at the track and RICKEY GADSON prepared the bike and was there coaching best run was a 10.12@139 mph seems like a close run to me against the MAX 10.13@138 so I dont know what you guys are dreaming about you cant have it any closer than that

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 04:49 PM        
quote:
quote:
YO BAWLS I was reading BROCKS 2008 zx14 press intro and see he couldnot run a 9 sec time in over 20 passes at the track and RICKEY GADSON prepared the bike and was there coaching best run was a 10.12@139 mph seems like a close run to me against the MAX 10.13@138 so I dont know what you guys are dreaming about you cant have it any closer than that

Mommy took the vitamins away from the 08 14. With the 10 hp its down on the early 14's its going to have a mirror full of vmax It went from leader of the pack to leader of the back....

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 29, 2008 05:10 PM        
anybody know what a 6.40@ 117 equates to in the 1/4 mile?

IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 06:11 PM        
The first zx14 we saw on the DYNO made 164hp and the o6 busa made 156 hp at the local dyno shootout
  Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted November 29, 2008 06:30 PM        Edited By: smokinzx14 on 30 Nov 2008 02:34
quote:
quote:
Hey bone head that was Magazine writers that couldn't run 9s ..Most of them had never seen a 1/4 much less run on one ... Dale is a pro and 10.13 for a pro means the bike is not fast .... 138 MPH is nothing ....If you think a 08 or 09 zx14 is slow you need to run me ...4 or 5 passes on a brand new 09 zx14 9.60s ....Any of you new Vmax riders what to try me Just let me know... Put up or shut up punk ... Damn Trolls

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted November 29, 2008 06:56 PM        

LOL
Lee usually never gets like that, but enough is enough already!

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 07:07 PM        
Smokin's right, if Dale got 10.13@138 out of it with a prepped track and multiple runs, then thats all that tuning fork turd is gonna do. The Vcrap is just too heavy to be a contender. But don't put all the blame on the bike, yamaha engineers had another 30-40 hp I believe out of that engine, before the lawyers and corporate suits chickened out and had them tune it down to under 200. The same happened with the busa and 14 as well. No matter how big the motor, it looks like 200hp or less is all we'll be getting for the forseeable future. On the good side, when the liters reach the magic 200hp number (which will be very soon), the big sport bikes will be phased out because they'll no longer serve any purpose
  Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted November 29, 2008 07:20 PM        
quote:

LOL
Lee usually never gets like that, but enough is enough already!

LOL i get alittle tried of these with gum bumping trolls that don't even have a 09 Vmax tell us how damn fast they are ..We have been riding and racing zx14s for 3 years and we know what they will run ..Anyone with a lick of brains knows 680+ pounds with 197 HP can't out run a 540 pound bike with 197 HP ...But i guess boozo can't do the math ...The only way a zx14 is going to lose that race is the rider would have to fall off the bike at the starting line .. Dale Walker a pro rider best run 10.13 @ 138, Pee wee Gleason could only run 10.27 on the same bike .. But David Duke ( Magazine Writer ) on a stone stock 08 zx14 ran 9.80s with a head wind and a DA of 3700 feet in 90 deg heat ... That's not just a win , that an ass kicking...

Any of you new Vmax owners what to find out just let me know , my 09 zx14 is ready and waiting .... If you want to toss a slick on wheely bars on your Vmax you can run my 06 zx14 .. Either way you will need a telescope to read my tag ....

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 08:02 PM        
BONE SMOKER

quote:
quote:
quote:
Hey bone head that was Magazine writers that couldn't run 9s ..Most of them had never seen a 1/4 much less run on one ... Dale is a pro and 10.13 for a pro means the bike is not fast .... 138 MPH is nothing ....If you think a 08 or 09 zx14 is slow you need to run me ...4 or 5 passes on a brand new 09 zx14 9.60s ....Any of you new Vmax riders what to try me Just let me know... Put up or shut up punk ... Damn Trolls
YO punkass bone smoker you better read brocks 2008 press intro before you open mouth and insert boner go to BROCKS sight and read for yourself what a bunch of CRYBABYS you are I suppose you beat all the BUSAS also HA HA we know better than that dont we PUNK dont start talking about how fast you are cause your not going to race anyone anyway Like I said before Im just comparing the bikes that were tested and thats the facts not the crap you cant prove so stop whining OH by the way BROCK was riding the zx14 himself Ahole

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 08:11 PM        
MAX vs 14

quote:
Smokin's right, if Dale got 10.13@138 out of it with a prepped track and multiple runs, then thats all that tuning fork turd is gonna do. The Vcrap is just too heavy to be a contender. But don't put all the blame on the bike, yamaha engineers had another 30-40 hp I believe out of that engine, before the lawyers and corporate suits chickened out and had them tune it down to under 200. The same happened with the busa and 14 as well. No matter how big the motor, it looks like 200hp or less is all we'll be getting for the forseeable future. On the good side, when the liters reach the magic 200hp number (which will be very soon), the big sport bikes will be phased out because they'll no longer serve any purpose
Read BROCKS 2008 zx14 intro on his sight he made over 20 runs on the 14 and his best was a 10.12@139 and hes a pro racer DALE 10.13@138 cant get any closer than that TO MUCH SMOKIN

Ignore this member   
Stalwart

Needs a job
posted November 29, 2008 08:19 PM        
Hey, IAM I know one thing, Smokin ain't lying or even exagerating, he'll fucking kick your ass on any track. He was layin' down times back in '06 with his ZX14 that you couldn't do even if you threw yours out of an aircraft. You are the pole somokin', salad tossin' punk around here, get off your daddy's computer and go get yourself a life . . . and a clue.

Ridin' the Trump train.

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted November 29, 2008 08:32 PM        
quote:
Hey, IAM I know one thing, Smokin ain't lying or even exagerating, he'll fucking kick your ass on any track. He was layin' down times back in '06 with his ZX14 that you couldn't do even if you threw yours out of an aircraft. You are the pole somokin', salad tossin' punk around here, get off your daddy's computer and go get yourself a life . . . and a clue.
OK CLOSET QUEEN INTERNET RACER I GUESS your gonna have to show up and backup your big mouth why dont we arrange a shoot out sounds like fun to me FAG

Ignore this member   
Stalwart

Needs a job
posted November 29, 2008 08:35 PM        
No, I don't race and I freely admit that, but Smokin will THRASH your little punk on any track. Sure you can talk some shit from 2500 miles away but you are still a PUNK hiding behind daddy's keyboard!

Ridin' the Trump train.

Ignore this member   
smokinzx14

Needs a life
posted November 29, 2008 09:08 PM        
The offer is open to any Vmax owners in FL ... We can race at Bradenton Motorsports Park Bradenton, Florida 1/4 mile track Or Sunshine speedway , Clearwater FL 1/8 mile track ..

We can film it if you like and i'll post it here on Bikeland for all to see ...

I made the same offer on the StarMax website a few days ago and so far no takers ...

Smokin..

Ignore this member   
bawls

Needs a job
re-learning to ride
posted November 29, 2008 09:09 PM        
http://media.putfile.com/smokinzx14-dragracing-compilation

I think that this kind of says what he's capable of . If you go ahead and read the rest of the diaries, you'll see that when it first came out he went a 9.93 @ 142 with only a strap... That was with a 6.50@115 in the 1/8th.

My second time to the track (9th pass ever) I went a 6.40 @ 117 with a 1.62 60ft in bone stock trim. I'd say that i'm 99% sure that it would have been in the 9's.

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 12 pages long: 1  -  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22375988960266 seconds processing time