Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
MAXIMUS

Needs a job
posted May 28, 2008 08:45 PM        
The bike looks sick, I like it.
  Ignore this member   
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 28, 2008 08:46 PM        
It certainly wont be a 14 killer stock...........but i would think there would be a ton of hop up potential for an 1800cc bike several years out. it should certainly be capable of a reliable 260 horsepower with all motor.
  Ignore this member   
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 28, 2008 09:12 PM        
I sure as hell wouldnt mind having one.........but they should have given it 230 RWH!
  Ignore this member   
lietoome

Needs a job
posted May 28, 2008 10:30 PM        
Does it come in Red?

With all the hype, the aftemarket will throw themselves at this thing.

I'm just curious if the clutch is as sturdy as my 14. No matter how you look at it, thats a LOT of dayum CCs.

I hope the dragracing world jumps on this thing. I can't wait to race one of these at the track.

Plus-One, Smokin', Plus-One.

Mike, Buy one so i can test drive it.

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted May 28, 2008 10:48 PM        
quote:
How much does it weigh? The old Max was 600 lbs. This one will have to be heaver...

The old one was steel frame, I think this one is aluminum but not sure yet.

quote:
210 hp at 675 lbs is about a 3.21-1 ratio. 170 at 500 is 2.94-1 which is the 14. Numbers still favor the 14, add in aerodynamics, payload, just see a better tire burner.

You really think a stock ZX14 weighs 500 lbs? Try about 560 with gas.

There's nothing but speculation so far, we'll have to wait.

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted May 28, 2008 10:49 PM        
quote:
It certainly wont be a 14 killer stock...........but i would think there would be a ton of hop up potential for an 1800cc bike several years out. it should certainly be capable of a reliable 260 horsepower with all motor.

The Otadama(factory given name) motor put out 295crank at the testing before being detuned for production........more rumor

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted May 28, 2008 10:53 PM        
quote:
quote:
How much does it weigh? The old Max was 600 lbs. This one will have to be heaver...

The old bike almost had NO frame...just a few pieces of tubing that would flex like crazy on a hard sweeper - freaked me out sometimes.

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted May 29, 2008 07:39 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 29 May 2008 08:10
Big displacement = Big HP & TQ potential (No brainer)

Should be a fun bike to have..with that huge motor...and yes the dragbike world will have a feast with it...

Chain mod is a must...hopefully it's affordable to the average owner...either way..lot's of torque there...

Have fun!!

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted May 29, 2008 08:25 AM        
The old bike chain mod was $3K........spendy....

Ignore this member   
ninja14

Pro
posted May 29, 2008 08:26 AM        
quote:
quote:
9.37/151 is the rumor......TQ monster....that would be somethin'..............have to see it to believe it though....
where did you get that number at ??

Like I said Lee.......rumors floating
I've been waiting and watching for a long time...........

Ignore this member   
Superman T

Pro
posted May 29, 2008 09:06 AM        
looks nice, fast, and muscular. If there's any cruiser that I would be interested in, this would be it!!
  Ignore this member   
Big Ced

Expert Class
Soldier
posted May 29, 2008 09:37 AM        
To me that thing is FUGLY. I aint feeling the look of it at all. Maybe I would have to see it in real life. When I 1st saw that B king in person my mind didn't change Fugly as hell.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Big Ced's homepage. 
lietoome

Needs a job
posted May 29, 2008 10:38 AM        
Give it a full fairing with hardbags and a trunk , then I'll buy it. Til then, softbags/tankbag on the 14.
  Ignore this member   
tshultz

Zone Head
posted May 29, 2008 02:46 PM        
wait for it to be tested then will see how fast it is.

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted May 29, 2008 02:47 PM        
power cruiser is what it is, like a m109, they are cool
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
tshultz

Zone Head
posted May 29, 2008 02:56 PM        
quote:
power cruiser is what it is, like a m109, they are cool

I seen a m109 at the track run 11.5. That was the same time I ran with
my V-max that day. And the v-rod is No power cruiser I rode one of them and was
disappointed.

Ignore this member   
warbird

Needs a job
posted May 29, 2008 03:11 PM        
quote:
quote:

quote:
210 hp at 675 lbs is about a 3.21-1 ratio. 170 at 500 is 2.94-1 which is the 14. Numbers still favor the 14, add in aerodynamics, payload, just see a better tire burner.

You really think a stock ZX14 weighs 500 lbs? Try about 560 with gas.

There's nothing but speculation so far, we'll have to wait.

Thanks Adam.................you kept me from typing exactly that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ignore this member   
FasterThanStink

Pro
posted May 29, 2008 04:56 PM        
The V-Max is a kick ass in your face blunt instrument! I like it!!!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FasterThanStink's homepage. 
davej

Expert Class
posted May 29, 2008 05:41 PM        
Just weighed the 14 with 2 gallons of fuel, full oil, came in at 543 lbs. Muzzy stage 1 weighs 43 lbs total with all the brackets bolts etc. Turbo was 3 lbs. heavier than the stock exhaust that was removed. At 235 hprw that 2.31-1.................with dirty air filter. An earlier thread reported 505 lbs. The scale is calibrated yearly with Mulldrum Scales and is used for weighing aerospace assemblies as well as shipping and receiving.

Ignore this member   
ZREXER

Expert Class
posted May 29, 2008 07:12 PM        
I'm sorry.............it's not doing anything for me. It's a big chunky looking mess.

It looks like it should be in the current batman movie as the bat bike.

It is too 'cartoon like' in it's appearance as far as I am concerned.

Fast in a straight line is entertaining for about 10 minutes..........then what? Some times a corner comes up.

It's like when I rented a seadoo, 1 hour on one and I never have to do it again.

I am sure they will sell everyone they make though.

Ignore this member   
jeff martin

Pro (closed)
jamming
posted May 29, 2008 07:31 PM        
The V-max as you know has a huge following and i am sure this one will rock the cruiser world. Looks much better than the 08 Busa, But it will corner like a tank. So no spot in my garage for a straight liner. Besides i will be surprised if it less than 15 grand.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit jeff martin's homepage. 
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 29, 2008 07:47 PM        
quote:
The V-max as you know has a huge following and i am sure this one will rock the cruiser world. Looks much better than the 08 Busa, But it will corner like a tank. So no spot in my garage for a straight liner. Besides i will be surprised if it less than 15 grand.
"

I think it will have a big following among the cruiser/muscle bike/dragracing crowd.........i like the look alot also, it wouldnt be my only choice, but i sure wouldnt mind having one in my garage to keep my 14 company.............I think your probably pretty close on price Jeff, the article i saw said 10,000 Euros which is roughly $15.700.

Ignore this member   
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 29, 2008 07:49 PM        
quote:
Does it come in Red?

With all the hype, the aftemarket will throw themselves at this thing.

I'm just curious if the clutch is as sturdy as my 14. No matter how you look at it, thats a LOT of dayum CCs.

I hope the dragracing world jumps on this thing. I can't wait to race one of these at the track.

Plus-One, Smokin', Plus-One.

Mike, Buy one so i can test drive it.
"

I was thinking the same thing Jeff and hoping you would buy one, serriously though if i can pay off my car and credit cards in the next year, i think i might get one.

Ignore this member   
zx14mike

Zone Head
posted May 29, 2008 08:13 PM        
quote:
So 210 at the crank ...Knock that down to 170 at the wheel ... Take another 5 hp or so off for the drive shaft ... Soooo 165 HP at the wheel and it will weigh in at over 600 pounds !!!

NO damn way is it going to run with a stock zx14 ... I can see it just busting into the 9s with a light weigh pro jocky ....I can't wait till some bone head buys one and pulls up next to me and tells me he owns the fastest 1/4 mile bike in the world .. I'll be gone so fast he will need a telescope to see my tag ....
"

Smokin you know a hell of a lot more about dragracing than i do, and i respect your knowledge, and i'm in no way saying that bike stock can beat most of the 14's you see at the strip..........but i think we need to consider that the VMAX will probably have a 62-64 inch wheelbase, a ton of torque ,a big fat sticky rear tire and since it has no fairing as is designed most likely as a stop light to stoplight and 1/4 mile ripper rather than a high speed missile it will have real low 1/4 mile gearing stock........a piped, flys out geared PC3, extended 14 with a full exhaust would likely dust a stock VMAX, but i think a long heavy beast like that will be able to launch pretty damn hard and could be competitive with a totally stock 14.

Any opinions?

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted May 29, 2008 08:29 PM        
Well, I give Yamaha props for building it. I am sure many will become uncorked.

Shaft drive and flexiflyer chasis not for me though.
Even at 6" over, my zx14 would run circles around a v max.
The jack shaft effect of the shaft drive really messes up handling, they push when off the gas, and turn hard when on it.... so guess what happens when your apex speed is too fast...

Your in trouble either way.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  -  12   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: 2009 V-Max released! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.774718046188 seconds processing time