Yamaha R1 / YZF-R1
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Terrible experience with Exotic Sportbikes! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 08, 2007 03:52 PM        
Terrible experience with Exotic Sportbikes!

Gonna try to make this short.

Ordered a windscreen. 2 sales people confirm the windscreen is in stock. Didn't receive it when I was supposed to. They have customer service through online chat only. Talked to them and they inform me the windscreen is not available from the manufacturer and there is no estimated release date. They also couldn't find a suitable alternative. Suggested I get a refund. They sent an order cancellation form for me to sign. I noticed it states that 20% will be charged for a cancelled order. I amended the form stating I didn't agree to the 20% charge, and that I expected a full refund, as I only cancelled because they couldn't deliver the item. They refunded my money minus 20%. : Customer service tells me it's company policy and all I can do is contact Mr Brandt via email to request he make an exception. He won't answer my emails.
Here is his email address.

Sbrandt@partsinfinity.com

I suggest no one use Exotic Sportbikes or Parts Infinity.They owe me $16.79. I guarantee this will cost them a hell of a lot more than that.

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it. I didn't see a better place to post it.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 08, 2007 10:47 PM        
Did you pay for this using a credit card? If so, simply dispute the transaction with the CC company. Don't even bother arguing with the merchant. Let the CC company handle it for you.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 08, 2007 10:51 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 8 May 2007 23:57
here's their mission statement:

http://partsinfinity.com/mission_and_values.htm

quote:
Delivering on Our Mission

There are two key aspects to Parts Infinity's past and future success: our vision of powersport products and the values that we live by every day as a company. To reflect our role as an industry leader and to focus our efforts on the opportunities ahead, we have embraced a new corporate mission:

To enable people throughout the world to realize their vehicle's full potential.

Delivering on this mission requires a clearly defined set of values and tenets. Our company values are not new, but have recently been articulated to reinforce our new mission.

Great people with great values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:

Passion for customers, partners, and powersport products

Open and respectful with others and dedicated to making them better

Willingness to take on big challenges and see them through

Self critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence and self improvement

Accountable for commitments, results, and quality to customers, shareholders, partners and employees.

Tenets that propel our mission:

The tenets central to accomplishing our mission include:

Customer trust. This means earning customer trust through the quality of our products and our responsiveness and accountability to customers and partners.

Broad customer connection. This means connecting broadly with customers, understanding their needs and uses of powersport products, and providing support when they have questions or concerns.

Innovative, evolving, and responsible platform leadership. This means expanding platform innovation, benefits, and opportunities for customers and partners, openness in discussing our future directions, getting feedback, and working with others to ensure that their products and our platforms work well together.

Enabling people to do new things. This means broadening choices for customers by identifying new areas of business, incubating new products, integrating new customer scenarios into existing businesses, exploring acquisition of key talent and experience, and integrating more deeply with new and existing partners.

A global inclusive commitment. This means thinking and acting globally, employing a multicultural workforce that generates innovative decision-making for a diverse universe of customers and partners, innovating to lower the costs of parts and accessories, and showing leadership in supporting the communities in which we work and live.

Excellence. This means excellence in everything we do to deliver on our mission.

At Parts Infinity, we're committed to our mission: improving the potential of our customers, and the world.

I love this part.... trying to make sure no one complains to the CC company...

quote:
Fraudulent Chargeback Policy

If you place a chargeback with your credit card company (on purpose or by mistake) for an order that you placed, there will be a $75.00 research fee charged to your account upon reversal of the chargeback by our merchant provider to cover our investigative expenses to prove that you did make the purchase. NO EXCEPTIONS! - If you do not remember making the purchase - call the number on your statement next to the charge BEFORE calling your bank!

H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted May 09, 2007 03:13 AM        
send them a link to this thread, that'll get thier attention
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted May 09, 2007 06:56 AM        
Fuck CROOKS! Hope they get shutdown. I've seen MANY other boards complain about Exotic Sportbikes. I would never order from them. They created a bad rep for themselves a long time ago.
  Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted May 09, 2007 07:21 AM        Edited By: H2 to ZX12 on 9 May 2007 08:21
quote:
Fuck CROOKS! Hope they get shutdown. I've seen MANY other boards complain about Exotic Sportbikes. I would never order from them. They created a bad rep for themselves a long time ago.

I try and avoid doing business with companies that use words like "exotic" , "premium", 'exclusive". that's code for bend over and is usually accompanied with an attitude that implies "we're doing you such a big favor by taking way too much of your money"

Tool man

Needs a job
posted May 09, 2007 08:28 AM        
Thank you guys.. I always vote with my wallet.

Ignore this member   
Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 09, 2007 04:14 PM        
I appreciate the replys. I intend to keep other people from getting screwed if nothing else.

I talked to my bank. Used my debit card. The said they can only dispute a full payment. And since they refunded most of it they couldn't make any guarantee. Also they charge $20 to file a charge dispute. More than the $16.79 they stole from me.

Ignore this member   
schooligan

Novice Class
posted May 09, 2007 04:37 PM        
thanks for the info, I'm removing them from my favorites lists right now.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 09, 2007 05:53 PM        
quote:
I appreciate the replys. I intend to keep other people from getting screwed if nothing else.

I talked to my bank. Used my debit card. The said they can only dispute a full payment. And since they refunded most of it they couldn't make any guarantee. Also they charge $20 to file a charge dispute. More than the $16.79 they stole from me.

you're kidding me... is it a visa check card or something like that? find it totally impossible that they wont dispute the transaction for you.

stevewfl

posted May 09, 2007 08:32 PM        
1st the part man fugs you, now yer bank wants a little too
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted May 09, 2007 11:01 PM        
he needs a mud flap that says "Exit Only"
Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 10, 2007 05:31 PM        
Got that right. The card is a Visa debit card. $20 to dispute charge. No guarantee since I received partial refund.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 10, 2007 05:53 PM        
do they refund the $20 if your complaint is successful? you know what... spend the 20 bones to teach that guy a lesson.. plus write the better business bureau.

stevewfl

posted May 10, 2007 06:04 PM        Edited By: stevewfl on 10 May 2007 19:04
20 bones is a cheap fack anyway, enjoy that one!

This is an expensive venture:

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 11, 2007 11:03 AM        
well???

Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 13, 2007 07:45 PM        
Not sure. I sent him links to all the threads I posted so he can see the damage he caused to his business. Not sure he gives a damn, but at least he can see how many times the threads have been viewed.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 13, 2007 08:49 PM        
dude.... dont be cheap... spend the 20 bucks to fuck this asshole. plus report him to the BBB.

princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 14, 2007 11:54 AM        
Exotic says that they do have a 20% restocking fee and when you signed the form - you were accepting those terms and conditions.

They also confirmed that they do have a 75 dollar "research" fee when you investigate a credit card charge.

However, they were unable to discuss what happened to Xtremespeed, as I do not have any details about that specific return.

Mark, a Sales Manager has asked that Xtremespeed call him and talk to him one on one and discuss the details of this return.

Hopefully Mark can help Xtremespeed out, as Mark did seem like a nice enough guy.
So, if you give him a chance - maybe everyone can walk away happy.

Ignore this member   
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 14, 2007 11:56 AM        
I know it might take some work on our part but maybe if we deal with this calmly
- we might be able to get them to rethink their return policy for everybody.

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted May 14, 2007 02:14 PM        
quote:
I know it might take some work on our part but maybe if we deal with this calmly
- we might be able to get them to rethink their return policy for everybody.

it appears that this thread is crushing his balls and he is now willing to negotiate

stevewfl

posted May 14, 2007 02:14 PM        
PK thats an awesome thing you taking this effort.

My attitude is:

"yo MFer...... , I'd do business with GREG before I screw with you guys again"
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 14, 2007 03:22 PM        
Thanks Princess. That is very impressive that you would go through the trouble
to help me on this. I really appreciate it. I will call and talk to Mark. One of the biggest
problems is that they don't have a customer service represenative that you can call and
talk to.

Keep in mind, this is not a return though. They were unable to fill my order, and before I
signed their cancellation form, I ammended it to say I did not agree to a 20% cancellation fee. It's not my fault they couldn't provide the part I ordered.

Thanks again PK for your help. We need more people like you.

Ignore this member   
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted May 15, 2007 02:11 PM        
Xtremespeed - hey keep us updated and let us know how it turns out.
Maybe it was a misunderstanding....
Or maybe the company has unique return practices....

I guess it is in Marks hands now, wonder what he will do?

Ignore this member   
Xtremespeed

Expert Class
posted May 15, 2007 06:04 PM        
Well, Mark started off by not returning my call.
When I tried to call back, I got no answer at all.

THIS WAS NOT A RETURN

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > R1-ZONE.com > Thread: Terrible experience with Exotic Sportbikes! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27578496932983 seconds processing time