Ducati Superbike Discussion Forum
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: California's finest wave goodbye to fans exiting Laguna Seca Raceway NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted July 24, 2007 05:27 PM        
send it to leno or letterman instead
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
Lucky Lo

I gotta go....
posted July 24, 2007 10:06 PM        
quote:
I wasn't able to catch up with anyone, too many things to do.

+1 that was the shortest four day weekend ever.... we ran ourselves silly. Hardly got to catch up with anyone, did score the most awesome veiwing for the race though.... (thank you very much Sheppy) We could have spit on the start/finish line! MotoGp rocks!
Sorry we missed you Dean...

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted July 25, 2007 01:29 AM        
quote:
quote:
I wasn't able to catch up with anyone, too many things to do.

+1 that was the shortest four day weekend ever.... we ran ourselves silly. Hardly got to catch up with anyone, did score the most awesome veiwing for the race though.... (thank you very much Sheppy) We could have spit on the start/finish line! MotoGp rocks!
Sorry we missed you Dean...

no worries, I was watching it with the greatest race fan ever, my wife
going to Isle of man, daytona and indy with her next year!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit H2 to ZX12's homepage. 
TedG

posted July 25, 2007 07:11 AM        
quote:
quote:
On 158 coming in on Sunday, just as you were coming into Castroville there was a dickhead sitting on a bridge on a bike wearing no helmet sitting on his big bad police bike perpendicular to the road roasting his nuts aiming a radar gun and the traffic heading for the races. On the on ramp from the bridge there were about ten armed meter mollies just waiting in line and then taking off and tagging people and getting back in line.

...if you're not guilty of breaking any speed laws there, then don't worry about it you big bad boy you...he probably had laser....the better to pick YOU out from the crowd, teddybear

I saw that asshole (thanks Mr. Valentine) long before he saw me.
But just to make you happy an armed meter mollie got me last night, I was taking the new Concours 14 for a ride and taking 20 to Nevada city, right after the turn off there is a long down hill, I gently went through the gears into OD (6th) and rolled by your buddy with a crew cut, eating a donut at 72. Well the speed limit there is 55 so the shitbag gave me a ticket.
Hope you are happy.

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted July 25, 2007 04:46 PM        
Here in L.I. N.Y. they're probably the most pathetic bunch in the country. They've actually gotten a Federal grant funding their harrassment of 2 wheeled enthusiasts! I was on the Expressway several days ago, in fairly heavy traffic. I saw the Assifer sitting on the shoulder , glanced down at my speed 63mph. I look up & he's pulling out. Sure as shit, I'm pulled over. He tells me "82 in a 55". Fuckin straight up liar! I handed him a PBA card & he writes "82 in a 55" on the card. Well, the officer that issued me the card was in the process of assembling his ride on one of my shop lifts at that same time. I showed him the card and explained what happened. He had a fuckin fit, and promptly issued a fresh, signed PBA card. Moral of the story is: They're out to get us M/C enthusiasts, the feds are even paying them extra to do so. BEWARE & BE AWARE!

Sorry, alittle off topic. But it kinda went with the general flow.

Ignore this member   
amy

Parking Attendant
posted July 25, 2007 11:17 PM        
quote:
Some pretty boy rich kid wrecked his Denali cuase he didn't realize his vehicles realistic driving capabilities ???
Then a cop fingers you cuase why ???

And having been part of some crash investagtions that vehicle looks survivable assuming seat belts and resonable speed. I would be concerned that haveing a suspension mod done the installer did not properly recalibrate the computers which could effect ABS, AirBag , TracControl and AntiSway(if equipped)

Either way not good to see stuff like this be it a rider or a cager

There were 4 local kids in the car, the two in the back were fine. The driver and front passenger were brothers, one has died and the other is in the hospital. They were not wearing their belts. The denali was my brothers and it was working fine, the poor kid just over corrected and it flipped (as lifted cars often do). Not trying to be a downer but you probably should not call him some 'pretty boy rich kid', they came from from a hard working, very nice local family and made a tragic mistake.

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted July 26, 2007 06:15 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
On 158 coming in on Sunday, just as you were coming into Castroville there was a dickhead sitting on a bridge on a bike wearing no helmet sitting on his big bad police bike perpendicular to the road roasting his nuts aiming a radar gun and the traffic heading for the races. On the on ramp from the bridge there were about ten armed meter mollies just waiting in line and then taking off and tagging people and getting back in line.

...if you're not guilty of breaking any speed laws there, then don't worry about it you big bad boy you...he probably had laser....the better to pick YOU out from the crowd, teddybear

I saw that asshole (thanks Mr. Valentine) long before he saw me.
But just to make you happy an armed meter mollie got me last night, I was taking the new Concours 14 for a ride and taking 20 to Nevada city, right after the turn off there is a long down hill, I gently went through the gears into OD (6th) and rolled by your buddy with a crew cut, eating a donut at 72. Well the speed limit there is 55 so the shitbag gave me a ticket.
Hope you are happy.

...of course I'm not happy, teddy ...but you should hand over that C14 to me before you end up in jail!

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted July 26, 2007 06:39 AM        
quote:
Here in L.I. N.Y. they're probably the most pathetic bunch in the country. They've actually gotten a Federal grant funding their harrassment of 2 wheeled enthusiasts! I was on the Expressway several days ago, in fairly heavy traffic. I saw the Assifer sitting on the shoulder , glanced down at my speed 63mph. I look up & he's pulling out. Sure as shit, I'm pulled over. He tells me "82 in a 55". Fuckin straight up liar! I handed him a PBA card & he writes "82 in a 55" on the card. Well, the officer that issued me the card was in the process of assembling his ride on one of my shop lifts at that same time. I showed him the card and explained what happened. He had a fuckin fit, and promptly issued a fresh, signed PBA card. Moral of the story is: They're out to get us M/C enthusiasts, the feds are even paying them extra to do so. BEWARE & BE AWARE!

...wtf's a PBA card?....a card to set you free?....man, I dunno about that ....that's like a semi-official premeditated sanction indicating that its ok for you to speed in spite of the written laws ...whatever happened to 'verbal warnings' after each incident is evaluated?...no premeditation there ...also, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but I doubt cops everywhere are "out to get" M/C enthusiasts....and try not to blame the cops...they're only responding to citizen complaints of the sometimes chronic squeaky wheel...and if the FEDS have grant money for almost anything and everything, hey it might as well be for the cost of greasing that chronic squeaky wheel, too...it costs money for all of those mechanics to man those grease guns

Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted July 26, 2007 07:51 AM        
quote:
quote:
Some pretty boy rich kid wrecked his Denali cuase he didn't realize his vehicles realistic driving capabilities ???
Then a cop fingers you cuase why ???

And having been part of some crash investagtions that vehicle looks survivable assuming seat belts and resonable speed. I would be concerned that haveing a suspension mod done the installer did not properly recalibrate the computers which could effect ABS, AirBag , TracControl and AntiSway(if equipped)

Either way not good to see stuff like this be it a rider or a cager

There were 4 local kids in the car, the two in the back were fine. The driver and front passenger were brothers, one has died and the other is in the hospital. They were not wearing their belts. The denali was my brothers and it was working fine, the poor kid just over corrected and it flipped (as lifted cars often do). Not trying to be a downer but you probably should not call him some 'pretty boy rich kid', they came from from a hard working, very nice local family and made a tragic mistake.

Driving a vehicle beyond its capabilities or beyond the drivers capabilities is not a tragic mistake BUT rather a far far far to COMMON mistake......
And I will just leave the "rich" part in cuase common people can't afford new Denali's with THOUSANDS of mods as a daily driver.....

AND as I said before it sucks to see this kind of accident cuase no one especially me wishes pain and heatache on anyone
To bad about the the no seatbelt thing I liken not wearing a seatbelt to not wearing a helmut.......

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted July 26, 2007 08:28 AM        Edited By: zx1kr on 26 Jul 2007 09:30
Well, the point of the post was "I WASN'T DOIN 82 MPH!!!! And this asshole was going to ream me with unwarranted tickets if I didn't give him the PBA card. Suffolk PD has gotten a grant funding these overpaid underworked cowboys to arbitrarilary do "Safety Stops" and check motorcycles for complying with equipment codes. Suffolk Hwy Patrol has taken this to abusive levels to ensure they will receive further grants for research. They have corraled bikers by the hundreds into rest areas on sunday afternoons to sit for hours while they did the "revenue generating" uh I'm sorry, They're safety checks. All the while 2 helicopters are hovering overhead in the event one of us says "Fuck This" and splits.
Did I mention that this same scumbag that pulled me over for the erroneous 82mph also said "you know you have an obstructed plate"? and bent the plate up 45 deg.
My opinion. There are far too many cops on L.I. and not enough for them to do to justify their overpaid salaries. My property taxes go up almost 10% a year for what? More cops & firemen? We've got more new firehouses & precincts in the last 5 years than I've seen erected in my lifetime. What do we get for it, more traffic tickets! Thanks Assifer!

I think the picture above validates my statement!

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted July 26, 2007 08:45 AM        
Try living in Washington DC where they have about as many Police departments as People!

On the edges, you have the PGC (Prince Georges County police, Montgomery Police, Arlington County, Alexanderia County and Fairfax and Falls Church. then the Takoma Park, College [Park, Green Belt, and a few others then DC Police, Capitlo Hill Police Park Police (Federal Offense if they stop you), GSA, Federal Portective Service (Secret Service), DCHA, Metro Transist, ! There are several more but I cannot remember them all.

Freek about "Freeked out" when he saw just how many there were! With this many alond with the Transportation Department that mostly write Parking tickets they are all trying to be top cop so they really try hard.

Last night one pulled into the parking lot with me and waited while I Shopped to see if I made any mistakes before I crossed the DIstrict line!

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted July 26, 2007 09:03 AM        
Gotta Love it!

Ignore this member   
princesskiwi

Administrator
MISTRESS of SMACK
posted July 26, 2007 11:05 AM        
quote:
I parked in salinas and took the shuttle bus, left just before the end of the ama race and was in San Fran having dinner at 8pm. sure was nice meeting the bikeland regulars

Hey - we waited for you to call - Fish_Antlers was carrying hats around for you for days - and so was Freek.

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 28, 2007 02:25 PM        
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatal

http://www.kion46.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=207a7e15-6e58-41c7-9f45-0b625eb40293
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRONG ACCIDENT. The accident in the photograph was on South Boundary road still within the confines of the track/Fort Ord.

So you are saying that two black SUVs rolled over at approx the same time in roughly the same area? WTF??
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 29, 2007 07:58 AM        
yes. your news link is unrelated.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 29, 2007 04:48 PM        
You're full of shit
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 29, 2007 08:02 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 29 Jul 2007 21:04
nope... you're wrong, that's all. no big deal.

The accident in the photo happened on the South Boundary road which is the south east exit of the track. The picture was taken on south boundary road which enters the track at turn 2. That road is inside fort ord, just outside the track offices and brown and red parking. There is no divider on the south boundary road (the accident in your link occured over a divider), and the accident in the photo was a single vehicle roll-over. The traffic at the time was one-way exiting the track. The accident happened just over the crest south of brown parking.

Reservation road is a completely different exit, as is highway 1. Reservation road exits the track at turn 11.

The only possible way your link could be about the same accident would be if KION was 100% wrong with their facts.

As for the likelihood of a black SUV getting into an accident in a crowd of 100,000 people... well .. you do the math

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted July 29, 2007 10:14 PM        
quote:
quote:
I parked in salinas and took the shuttle bus, left just before the end of the ama race and was in San Fran having dinner at 8pm. sure was nice meeting the bikeland regulars

Hey - we waited for you to call - Fish_Antlers was carrying hats around for you for days - and so was Freek.

I didn't have your number. I probably should've fought the crowds to cross the bridge to tent city, but I don't do well in rat mazes. Had a relaxing time watching the race from the hill

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted July 30, 2007 03:06 PM        
amy, very sorry to hear that one hasn't made it. last i had heard both ejected passengers were still hanging in. i pray the second pulls through.

i'm always bothered when a vehicle gets flattened from flipping. seems to me one of the basic safty requirements of any model is that the top half won't crumple if flipped. really shouldn't be very hard nor expensive to achieve.

as to the pic, not phptochopped or out of context, to the very best of my knowledge. and given the context, i rather doubt the "waving through" explanation, although I see now what you mean about the index finger.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted July 30, 2007 10:26 PM        
quote:

Sounds like Alberta......
Lying about speed, and witchhunting.
BC has been nice, saw 3 cruisers on the highways in 10 days and never gave me a second look, even when 20 over, .... on empty road out of town...

Ignore this member   
Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted July 31, 2007 07:41 AM        
alright gotta give a shoot out for 2 sheriffs in Snohomish County, Washington State. First one pops me and a buddy on a popular backroad, just after exiting a corner accelerating HARD, both way over 100 mph when he crests hill ahead of us. Lights pop, we stop. He checks ID's (I didn't have a M/C endorsement, either-he said "sure looked like you knew how to ride"), tells us "this is where I'm supposed to tell you to slow down" and lets us off. To top it all, (no BS, seriously, his actual words) "well, I'm heading south (we were going North), and I'm the only cop for the next 50 miles. Have a nice day!" We were so unbelieving we actually took it easy thinking he was setting us up since his radar was off when he caught us. He was right, though, not a single cop anywhere, no helo's either. Second guy stopped me for shoulder passing a bunch of cars that where stuck behind a left turner on a local highway (illegal here). Told him I've been hit from behind before and since then learned to 'mitigate my risks better'. He laughed and said no problem, he just had to stop me cause his supervisor was driving behind him. He then told me that I was too big for my TL1000R (6'6" 300 pounds), I should get the ZX1400R Kawi, would fit me better. Told him I had one in my garage at home, he slaps me on the back and says "good job!" Of course there are dildo-nut-eaters up here too, just evens out. Jealous yet??
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted July 31, 2007 04:54 PM        
the cops in tampa bay area got you all beat to hell. bridges,largo, pinellas park need i say more...
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted July 31, 2007 06:43 PM        
quote:
the cops in tampa bay area got you all beat to hell. bridges,largo, pinellas park need i say more...

+1
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
H2 to ZX12

Needs a job
two stroke power
posted July 31, 2007 10:25 PM        
quote:
Well, the point of the post was "I WASN'T DOIN 82 MPH!!!! And this asshole was going to ream me with unwarranted tickets if I didn't give him the PBA card. Suffolk PD has gotten a grant funding these overpaid underworked cowboys to arbitrarilary do "Safety Stops" and check motorcycles for complying with equipment codes.

What's a "PBA card"

Sticks_n_Stones

Needs a job
posted August 01, 2007 05:28 AM        Edited By: Sticks_n_Stones on 1 Aug 2007 08:23
quote:
Well, the point of the post was "I WASN'T DOIN 82 MPH!!!! And this asshole was going to ream me with unwarranted tickets if I didn't give him the PBA card. Suffolk PD has gotten a grant funding these overpaid underworked cowboys to arbitrarilary do "Safety Stops" and check motorcycles for complying with equipment codes.

Naww too late we already thread jacked you. lol. seriously, though, Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island local paper published a study showing that we had more police "coverage" than any other city in the U.S. back in 1997 or 98. There was something like the equivalant coverage of having 1 out of every 5 residents being a cop. Half the cops were staters and sheriffs that didnt live there, they just went there to generate revenue off the squids (the original 'squid' is a sailor, but, since sailors act like idiots when young and in port on motorcycles they now refer to idiot motorcyclists as 'squids'). Half the DUI's in our town were guys BELOW the limit of .08%. Cops lied and said they were "impaired" if they blew over .05%. Never got me, but 20 sobriety checks in 1 month my first month on swings. I actually went to City Hall and lodged a formal. WOW cops chill out when you do that, like a groin punch aimed at THERE paycheck. Of course, they knew who I was and had been trying to bust me for awhile, seems they don't like it when you challenge and beat all your tickets. Seriously, go to City Hall and file a formal complaint, and/or go to a Counsel Meeting and air it. Takes time outta your day but the repercussions, especially if you have a signed petition from fellow motorcyclists, can only benefit you for years to come. Don't deal with the dogs, deal with the guys holding there leashs. We can vote 'them' out.
Flies out K&N in!
bits n pieces...

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: California\'s finest wave goodbye to fans exiting Laguna Seca Raceway NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21723890304565 seconds processing time