Ducati Superbike Discussion Forum
  HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: 1098 Owner *POLL* - Did you switch brands to buy this bike? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 17, 2007 09:00 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 17 Apr 2007 09:00
Poll Question:
1098 Owner *POLL* - Did you switch brands to buy this bike?

I heard an interesting stat the other day... someone I was talking with told me that almost 90% of the 1098 owners he had spoken with had switched from other brands/bikes... ie: Gixxer, R1, ZX10R etc...

So... are you a Ducati virgin? Have you owned a Duc in the past or recent past or is the 1098 your first Italian bike?

Poll Results:
 3 votes (33%)
Switched directly from another brand *have never owned a Duc*

2 votes (22%)
Switched directly from another brand *but I've owned Ducs in the past*

2 votes (22%)
I traded from Duc to Duc to stay current

2 votes (22%)
I didn't switch... I've got cash and lots of bikes all at once

0 votes (0%)
I haven't bought one yet... on the fence ... still trying to decide if I want one

0 votes (0%)
Hookers

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Rich Miller

Novice Class
posted April 17, 2007 05:03 PM        
Well...no. I've owned and raced Italian bikes before , Guzzi's, but never owned a Duc. always admired them, but too finiky,$$$$$, and not as much performance as the japanese straight up. I still have my R1, it's still a great bike. as much as I'm enjoying the new S ( what a fricking HOOT!!!!!) dollar for dollar, the japanese bikes are a better " performance" value........ that being said, they are worth practically nothing after just a few years, and if you've done work or bolted on bits to them, at resale you're giving it away. Just my humble opine.
  Ignore this member     
chris3232

Novice Class
posted April 30, 2007 06:09 PM        
Just sitting here waiting for it to come in. I'm selling my zx14 for this thing, I hope it is all they say, anyways it looks freakin bad ass.
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 30, 2007 08:41 PM        
Chris you'll love it... but it's definitely closer to a ZX-10R than a 14... it's a finely focused machine... you won't be disappointed!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DESMOSUPERBIKES.com > Thread: 1098 Owner *POLL* - Did you switch brands to buy this bike? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.466782093048 seconds processing time