HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CLASSIFIEDS > Thread: WTB 02 zx12 Ohlins shock and forks NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
Mallenbiker

Parking Attendant
posted January 20, 2014 04:25 PM        
WTB 02 zx12 Ohlins shock and forks

Let me know if you've got either for sale. Looking to upgrade my low mileage 02 Zx 12 suspension.
prefer spring set up for 250lb rider, but can have rebuilt if necessary.
Especially looking for rear shock.
Thanks
Mark

Ignore this member   
chuck762

Novice Class
posted January 27, 2014 06:10 PM        
I have a set of forks I am planning on selling. Right now they have the brembo calipers and adapter brackets on them. I still have the caliper brackets for the stock calipers.
I also have a Penske triple clicker shock for it. Both forks and shock have about 3000 miles on them.
They are sprung for a 220-230 pound rider.

email me at cuk1234ATmsn if interested.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chuck1/media/zx12/IMG_0389.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chuck1/media/zx12/20130618_100236_zpsd83c56a8.jpg.html][/URL]

Ignore this member   
Mallenbiker

Parking Attendant
posted January 28, 2014 03:04 AM        
thanks
Will send you a note, also you can call me at 949 322 9602

MArk

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 01, 2014 11:26 AM        
Also interested in these parts if this deal doesn't happen

Ignore this member   
makenna

Expert Class
posted February 02, 2014 12:28 AM        Edited By: makenna on 2 Feb 2014 15:46
I have a set of Ohlins Forks and shock that I'd sell for $3500 USD.

Forks are part number FGRT207
Shocks are part number KA544 - Shock Type 46HRCLS

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 03, 2014 05:47 PM        
Nothing personal but that's a $2300 set of forks new and a $1500 shock making your asking price just about retail price for new parts right? Good luck with your sale..

Ignore this member   
Mallenbiker

Parking Attendant
posted February 03, 2014 10:26 PM        
picked up the brakes, ohlins forks and Penske shock from chuck762 yesterday.

Gunner - your enthusiasm for ZX12s motivated me to upgrade my 02 ZX 12 some more.

I already have BST wheels, carbon fenders/ aircovers, PC ,Akro Ti/Carbon exhaust, Gilles rear sets, and dyno at 170 hp.

With this latest additions, I think I now have 3x in accessories of what the bike is worth

Makenna - appreciate the response, but even new one can typically buy at 10 -20% off retail.

50% off retail is typical for used parts and I paid less than 50% of the retail price referenced by Gunner for the forks and rear shock.

Ignore this member   
makenna

Expert Class
posted February 04, 2014 09:50 AM        
These are one of my prized possessions, and if you guys want them, you'll have to pay for them. Besides, best of luck with taxes, shipping and the like..
As if your opinion mattered... It's no wonder everyone went over to 1441.com..

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 04, 2014 10:55 AM        
quote:
These are one of my prized possessions, and if you guys want them, you'll have to pay for them. Besides, best of luck with taxes, shipping and the like..
As if your opinion mattered... It's no wonder everyone went over to 1441.com..

I personally own 50mm Marzocchi forks for my 12R with one off Mupo cartridges built specifically me. Along with a Mupo triple adjustable shock again built one off for me. No off the shelf shit on my bike. Forks are mounted to Sp12R special adjustable 7075 Billet Yokes special for the 50mm Marzocchi forks.

Your shit was something I was interested in for a second string bike Jackass! Everyone went to 1441 because Fish pissed them off Jackass! That a Smokin was well respected.. Prize possessions really? Is that the finest stuff in your pitiful life? Keep em I would hate to see you with no prize possessions to covet

Ignore this member   
Mallenbiker

Parking Attendant
posted February 04, 2014 12:16 PM        
Makenna

I don't think it makes any sense to spend $3500 retail for Ohlins on a 12 yr old 12 R.

I got the 09 forks for $1100 with less than 3k miles local.from original owner . He paid $1900 for them on an inventory blow out sale.

I can still get the Ohlins rear shock from several good US retailers for $1250 including shipping, but the Penske for $400 was a lot easier decision

.They don't make the Ohlins forks new anymore.

it's conceivable someone on EBAY might actually buy them for $2000 - $2200 if they absolutely have to have Ohlins and yours are New in Box. If yours are new in box, that might be the best way to sell them.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 06, 2014 07:10 AM        
quote:
Makenna

I don't think it makes any sense to spend $3500 retail for Ohlins on a 12 yr old 12 R.

I got the 09 forks for $1100 with less than 3k miles local.from original owner . He paid $1900 for them on an inventory blow out sale.

I can still get the Ohlins rear shock from several good US retailers for $1250 including shipping, but the Penske for $400 was a lot easier decision

.They don't make the Ohlins forks new anymore.

it's conceivable someone on EBAY might actually buy them for $2000 - $2200 if they absolutely have to have Ohlins and yours are New in Box. If yours are new in box, that might be the best way to sell them.

EXACTLY! However the guy that posted that insane post had to go and get all mouthy about it. Ohlins R&T forks are nice forks and for the most part better than most OEM today I did say most. However they are leaps and bounds away from the Ohlins that ANY top rated racer uses. Like the only thing remotely close is how the name is spelled on the two. In most cases you end up with better forks by installing top of the line cartridges in your OEM forks that are custom built for you. If the OEM forks are 43mm and the R&T forks are 43mm you really aren't getting anything by swapping the tubes out that I know of. The 50mm stuff I have is a ton stronger when it comes to flex but I took brand new forks and removed the cartridges with ZERO miles and had custom cartridges built by a suspension manufacture that's not a well known as Ohlins here in the states but in Europe well known. Meaning they are far more willing to build customers the best stuff they can since they aren't as well known and you aren't paying for a name. The stuff is beautiful every adjustment is mounted using bearings from the top of the fork to the preload adjuster on the rear shock. All machined from 7075 aluminum with Titanium springs... That said I would have bought your suspension parts for a possible second bike build at some point had the other guy not took them. But this guy that thinks his prize possessions mean anything to anyone else on earth will be polishing on those as he sits on the porch in a rocking chair when he's too old to ride anymore before he ever get's retail or anywhere close to retail for that stuff.. And getting pissie at someone for pointing out he's way off base is just being a punk.

Ignore this member   
rashmaster

Parking Attendant
posted May 08, 2014 05:51 AM        
I have a penske for sale 8981 #650 spring. Guy i got it from claims he installed, then removed as his wife bought him an Ohlins for his B day. Looks new. I got rid of bike and never installed. Been sitting in a box for years.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted May 12, 2014 05:51 PM        
quote:
I have a penske for sale 8981 #650 spring. Guy i got it from claims he installed, then removed as his wife bought him an Ohlins for his B day. Looks new. I got rid of bike and never installed. Been sitting in a box for years.

Contact information please!

Ignore this member   
rashmaster

Parking Attendant
posted June 01, 2014 04:48 AM        
racerd13 @hotmail.com
  Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted June 07, 2014 04:01 PM        
I have ridden bikes with both Penske and ohlins and I'd probably take the penske.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted June 07, 2014 06:58 PM        
There's several great shocks out there that don't get a lot of ink. Wilbers, Nitron, Mupo, all make as great of a shock as anyone we just don't hear much about them in the US.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CLASSIFIEDS > Thread: WTB 02 zx12 Ohlins shock and forks NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.39361906051636 seconds processing time