HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CLASSIFIEDS > Thread: Racetech 0.95kg springs & 600lb Hyperco spring NEW TOPIC POST REPLY
BLUEBALLS

Expert Class
paranoid slow bastard
posted September 05, 2004 09:35 PM        
Racetech 0.95kg springs & 600lb Hyperco spring

I purchased these springs during the "spring" of 2004 and had them installed in the stock valved suspension of my FZ1. I am 6ft and about 200lbs to 205lbs with gear on, the stock springs were simply not enough to deal with the load and I was dragging my foot peg feelers in the corners on a regular basis. Not a very confidence inspiring feeling .

The re-spring combination did a great job of dealing with my size and relatively aggressive street riding style. The goal was to stop dragging hard parts in the corners and be able to set a proper sag level. It worked out fine, goal accomplished. I rode with these springs for 3.5 months [about 6,000 to 7,000km's] and then decided to make the full step up to a complete Traxxion re-valve & Penske 8981 shock. So I don't need these anymore.

The Racetech fork springs are 0.95kgs and come with the spacers and spring seats. I bought them from Racetech through one of my local bike shops. The Hyperco shock spring is 7 inches long [for the stock FZ1 shock] and is the 600lb spring rate. I bought it from Max at Traxxion Dynamics.

The set cost me $335 Canadian funds before install labour, they're now being sold for $235 Canadian funds. Good score for someone looking to re-spring this winter .

PS. I forgot to add that these are already packaged up and ready to ship. So if you're interested, PM me your address & I'll find out how much it is to ground ship to your location. Paypal accepted. Thanks.

A photograph of the set is being generously hosted on bcsportbikes

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39628

Go ahead an clickie

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > CLASSIFIEDS > Thread: Racetech 0.95kg springs & 600lb Hyperco spring NEW TOPIC POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20773386955261 seconds processing time