HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > HAYABUSA-ZONE.com > Thread: SDS deal mode switch NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
whitehendrix

Zone Head
fails!
posted December 26, 2008 06:10 PM        
SDS deal mode switch

after research and experimentation, i figured out how to access this mystical mode and which connector it is.. yadda yadda..

you think theres a market for the deal mode switch?

if so, i might just make a few extra

i've seen em on fleabay for $50.. and personally, as worth it as it is to read codes, that is a far cry from literally being worth $50.

any feedback will be appreciated.

Duct tape is the handyman's secret
weapon. The black is for formal
occasions. - ZRXDean

ill never own a busa unless
someone gives me one.... and then
ill sell it -KZScott

Ignore this member   
whitehendrix

Zone Head
fails!
posted December 31, 2008 07:23 PM        
ok.. since no one seems to want to help a poor white trash beiker bro out, would you rather i did a "how-to" on this instead? at least maybe gain some appreciation if i can't get any money!? lmao

it's uber simple, i assure you.

(but i'll still make and sell them if you wanna help fun my turbo install!!!)

occasions. - ZRXDean

ill sell it -KZScott

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 03, 2009 12:43 AM        
alright.. I'll bite... what are you talking about... please post in extreme detail!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
whitehendrix

Zone Head
fails!
posted January 05, 2009 06:15 PM        
on many (if not all) EFI'd suzuki machines, theres an electrical connector that, when you plug their special little switch into, will render you a "dealer mode" for service and provide fault codes te ECU has logged, and flash them to you via the FI light.

i read up on this, and have figured out how to make this little switch, and what wires put the ECU into "fix me" mode..

i'm a poor sunuvabitch, so honestly, i was kinda hopin that someone might want a switch to access their codes should they have any!!

pay for my turbo and a tig welder some day.. hahaha

F it. a writeup will still give me a feeling of accomplishment though..

anyway.
how i came to this was working on a LT-r450 quad i built for a guy.. cammed, big bore, two brothers juice box.. the works.. REAL fast machine.. that bastard (during break-in) kept throwing me a code at really random times. the shop owner (tho he didn't work it at all) thought it might have been the coolant temp sensor. he ordered and replace it.. well, that wasn't the case. the code never went away.. SO, i found out about that dealer mode crap in the manual and figured "eh, what the hell.." sure enough, i made one from another source on the interwebz, plugged it in, and got a code 23, meaning IAT.

easy fix, and no wated time and money.

sad thing is, kawi has a wire you short out to ground to access their dealer mode.. Yamaha only needs you to hold the 2 buttons on the dash down to access theirs. zook wants you to BUY their (expensive) shit!!

this would, i think, save alot of hassle for my bros here who might be dealing with service issues on their machines..

so, like i said.. i can do a writeup if i think someone may benefit from it. technically, you wouldn't even need a plug or switch if ya did it right.. all you'd need is a pumper with alligator clips on it.

occasions. - ZRXDean

ill sell it -KZScott

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > HAYABUSA-ZONE.com > Thread: SDS deal mode switch NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.631790876389 seconds processing time