HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Goes Touring NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted November 07, 2017 07:35 PM        Edited By: frEEk on 7 Nov 2017 20:04
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Goes Touring

Today at EICMA Kawasaki today released a new Ninja H2 based sport tourer. Less power than the standard H2 but with more bodywork to keep the wind off the riders, a usable pillion seat, and hard bags. No confirmation yet on whether this model will come to the US market. Expect an answer Dec 1.

Kawasaki says:

LED Cornering Lights
The Ninja H2 SX SE cornering lights built into each side of the fairing help illuminate the road when cornering at night. Each of the three lights has a fixed direction and is activated based on lean angle. As the bike leans over, the lamps come on in order, creating a wider path of light in the direction the bike is heading. Only on the SE model

KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
Designed to assist the rider by optimising acceleration from a stop, KLCM electronically controls engine output to prevent wheelspin and minimise wheel lift when launching. KLCM should only be used under closed-course conditions; do not use KLCM during everyday riding. Only on the SE model

KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter)
Dual-direction quick shifter allows both clutchless upshifts and downshifts. Designed for effective sport riding, street-optimised settings enable operation at rpm above 2,500 min-1. Only on the SE model

LCD vs TFT
The advanced, high-tech design of the instrumentation contributes to the Ninja H2 SX’s flagship-level quality. Kawasaki’s first use of a high-grade full colour TFT LCD screen on the SE. The SE model’s screen enables information to be displayed graphically. Two selectable display modes (Touring, Sport) allow riders to prioritise the information they want to see depending on the kind of riding they are doing at the time. Compared to the analogue-style tachometer that is complemented by a full digital LCD screen on the standard model.

Cornering Management
Using feedback from the compact Bosch IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) that gives a real-time picture of chassis orientation, KCMF monitors engine and chassis parameters throughout the corner – from entry, through the apex, to corner exit – modulating brake force and engine power to facilitate smooth transition from acceleration to braking and back again, and to assist riders in tracing their intended line through the corner. On the Ninja H2 SX, KCMF oversees the following systems:
-KTRC (including traction and wheel lift control)
-KIBS (including pitching and corner braking control)
-Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
-KLCM (SE-only)

Everyday Usability & Supercharged Acceleration
Achieving an engine that could deliver superb fuel efficiency and gratifying acceleration at street-riding speeds started with increasing the compression ratio in order to increase the engine’s thermal efficiency. From there, the supercharger, combustion chamber, cams, and intake and exhaust components were all redesigned. The result is a versatile engine character that enables relaxed long-distance riding, easy manageability at slow speeds, and – when called upon – the exhilarating acceleration that only a supercharged engine can deliver.

Cooler Running & Lighter Weight
The more efficient engine also generates less heat than that of the performance-hungry Ninja H2, whose base engine construction needed to handle the more than 300 PS of the mighty Ninja H2R. Less heat translates to greater rider comfort. And unlike the Ninja H2 with its voracious appetite, the engine flows less air, meaning quieter operation and the possibility of a lighter exhaust system – less air in means less air out, so smaller exhaust volume to be quietened. In total, the new engine, including the exhaust system, is approximately 3 kg lighter.

Fuel Efficiency
The Ninja H2 SX’s superb fuel efficiency represents a significant increase over the supercharged engine of the Ninja H2, and is on par with that of the Z1000SX and Versys 1000. Combined with its 19 litre fuel tank, this gives the Ninja H2 SX a substantial cruising range.

Sportiness & Wind Protection
Full-fairing bodywork contributes to both wind protection and the Ninja H2 SX’s sporty looks. The full fairing was possible thanks to the highly efficient engine, which gives off significantly less heat than that of the high-performance Ninja H2. The bodywork strategically shields the rider without being too large, balancing rider comfort and aerodynamics. On the SE model, a large windscreen further protects the rider from windblast, offering even greater touring comfort.

Relaxed, Sporty Riding Position
The riding position for the Ninja H2 SX was designed with both sport riding and comfort in mind. Not as far forward-leaning as the ZZR1400, and not as upright as the Z1000SX, the Ninja H2 SX’s riding position offers a more relaxed bend for both the elbows and knees than the ZZR1400. Realising high-speed performance with an upright riding position is difficult to achieve, but thanks to the Ninja H2 SX’s superb wind protection the riding position more comfortable than that of the ZZR1400 was possible. The position is comfortable for both in-town riding and long touring, while still enabling the rider to enjoy sporty riding in the hills.

Fully Adjustable Suspension
Supersport-sourced suspension delivers a combination of ride comfort and sport performance ideal for street riding and touring. Both front and rear suspension are fully adjustable, allowing riders to make adjustments to suit riding style and conditions. And a remote rear preload adjuster greatly facilitates making changes to accommodate a passenger and/or luggage.

Seats Designed for Comfort
Both the front and rear seats deliver the comfort you would expect of a sport tourer. In fact, two front seats were designed: a Comfort Seat that offers a relaxed knee bend and thicker urethane cushioning; and an accessory Low Seat (15 mm lower) that prioritises an easy reach to the ground. The rear seat, wider and flatter than on the Z1000SX, ensures pillion comfort.

On the SE model, high-grade two-tone (leather/suede) seats with double-stitching are standard for both the front and rear seats, adding to its exclusivity.

Clean-Mount Pannier System
The mounting system for the accessory panniers allows the panniers to be attached and removed very simply, contributing to increased convenience. Seamlessly integrating the panniers with the rear of the bike, the clean-mount system positions the panniers close to the bike centreline, and, thanks to its clean clutter-free design, ensures the rear of the bike still looks good with the panniers removed. High-speed testing on Germany’s Autobahn ensures stable operation with panniers.

New Trellis Frame
The Ninja H2 SX features an innovative trellis frame like the Ninja H2, but to be able to accommodate a passenger and luggage, the frame needed to be completely redesigned. Its 195 kg payload is comparable to that of the Z1000SX. And increased rigidity and a longer wheelbase deliver the stability for riding at highway speed with panniers, while a 30o steering angle facilitates low-speed manoeuvres

Specs:

Engine
Engine type: Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke In-Line Four with Supercharger
Compression ratio: 11.2:1
Valve system: DOHC, 16 valves
Bore x stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
Displacement: 998 cm³
Fuel system: Fuel injection: Ø 40 mm x 4 with dual injection
Starting System: Electric
Lubrication: Forced lubrication, wet sump with oil cooler

Performance & Transmission
Maximum torque 101lbft / 9,500 rpm
Maximum power 197HP / 11,000 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed, return, dog-ring
Clutch: Wet multi-disc, manual
Primary Reduction Ratio: 1.551 (76/49)
Gear Ratios: 1st 3.077 (40/13)
Gear Ratios: 2nd 2.471 (42/17)
Gear Ratios: 3rd 2.045 (45/22)
Gear Ratios: 4th 1.727 (38/22)
Gear Ratios: 5th 1.524 (32/21)
Gear Ratios: 6th 1.348 (31/23)

Brakes & Suspension
Brakes, front: Dual semi-floating 320 mm discs. Caliper: Dual radial-mount, monobloc, opposed 4-piston
Brakes, rear: Single 250 mm disc. Caliper: 2-piston
Suspension, front: 43 mm inverted fork with rebound and compression damping, spring preload adjustability and top-out springs
Suspension, rear: New Uni-Trak, gas-charged shock with piggyback reservoir, compression damping, rebound damping, remote spring preload adjustability and top-out spring

Frame & Dimensions
Frame type: Trellis, high-tensile steel with Swingarm Mounting Plate
Trail: 103 mm
Wheel travel front: 120 mm
Wheel travel rear: 139 mm
Tyre, front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W)
Tyre, rear: 200/55ZR17M/C (75W)
L x W x H: 2,135 x 775 x 1,205 mm
Wheelbase: 1,480 mm
Ground clearance: 130 mm
Fuel capacity: 19 litres
Seat height: 835 mm
Curb mass: 564 lb

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 15, 2017 10:46 PM        
This thing has POLICE INTERCEPTOR written all over it..Installers can load all kinds of electronics in those bags.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Turbo810

Expert Class
posted July 15, 2018 03:41 AM        
Has anyone ridden one of these yet? I am test riding one Wednesday and would like to know what to expect.

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted August 03, 2018 08:32 AM        
soooo dont leave us hanging!! (unless you want to be banned!)

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 05, 2018 07:55 PM        
Poor shaivo.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Turbo810

Expert Class
posted August 08, 2018 05:27 AM        
It was fast and smooth. But not even close to the same power as my 14R. Not as comfortable either. The added extras were really but not good enough for me to make the switch.

Ignore this member   
Grinner

Novice Class
posted August 20, 2018 02:10 AM        
Pretty much the same scenario for me too, I have a 2007 zx14 with turbo 280 hp with about 149 ft lb torque, weighs in at 247kg wet.
And can be really good on fuel if I am restrained although it's pretty decent anyway.........risers scotoiler w/o rear shock etc etc should I change , I think k I have answered my own question.............same thought were on the h2!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 20, 2018 02:27 PM        
Price is the hold back for me

One day though!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
ZDude

Parking Attendant
posted January 30, 2019 09:19 AM        
1st post in years. Sold my 2013 ZX14R that had Ackropovic 4/1 SS pipe, filter and Ivan tune for a 2018 H2SXSE. Should have had around 205 - 210 rwhp according to Ivan but never had it dyno'd,did ride with other stock ZX14's though and was significantly quicker and faster. Throttle response was excellent and one of Ivan's trademarks. The H2SXSE at 1st seemed sluggish compared to the 14 however, after a filter Yosh slip-on and Vcyclenut reflash tune, the bike is way faster and more fun. Stock on cyclenut's dyno produced 169 rwhp and 89 lbs of torque before any changes with lousy throttle response, with just a reflash produced 210 hp and 96 lbs torque - Kawasaki really had detuned this beast. With a F1 airfilter only it pulled 218 hp and 98 lbs torque! Slip-on doesn't add much except better sound and a little weight saving, maybe a horsepower or 2. I have seen dyno charts with 228 RWHP and 100 lbs torque with full Vandemon exhaust. One guy claimed his pulled 240 but that's doubtful, most likely some dyno manipulations. My throttle response is absolutely equal to Ivan's tune on my 14 when I'm in the "sport riding" mode, the full race mode is way more aggressive with abrupt response. Vcyclenut made the "touring / gas millage " mode a softer and more anemic response made for slippery roads or high gas millage efforts. All this made this bike surpass my ex favorite bike, the ZX12R as my new favorite. I ride primarily in the sport mode and have never had the pleasure of a machine this awesome under my rearend, absolutely a beast but with Cruise Control, clutchless shifting, multiple traction and wheelie control choices, heated grips and the coolest display I have ever seen on a bike with touring setting or performance setting for it too depending on what you want to monitor. Handling is spot-on for a bike this heavy, actually it doesn't feel llike a 550 lb bike on the road. Just not enough superlatives to attach to this fantastic machine Kawaski has delivered and I'm just glad I still have the love for this after all these years that started with a Z1 back in the early 70's. Can't imagine what is coming down the pike but I'm sure it will be mind bending, this sure is!
  Ignore this member   
woooolio

Parking Attendant
posted February 21, 2022 06:06 AM        Edited By: woooolio on 21 Feb 2022 06:07
Very nice motorcycles https://www.google.com/
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 Goes Touring NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.3068859577179 seconds processing time