HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Collector bike needs new home NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Flyboy

Pro
posted May 02, 2017 03:42 AM        
Collector bike needs new home

Hi guys, haven't posted in a long time. I have a ZXZ-14 that needs a new home. I ride very little and also am fortunate enough to have an airplane. Funny thing is the bike is faster than the airplane. Through the help of Bikeland members who advised me from 2006 through 2009, I was able to set three World (FIM) and four AMA (National) Speed records at Bonneville. It was voted the prettiest bike at Bonneville.

My custom bike, called "The Spirit" only has 4,300 miles and is in excellent shape. It comes with custom paint, three exhausts, nitrous bottles and a lot of equipment ready to head back out the salts. Engine had some work done to it but is safe for everyday riding.

Along with the purchase you get copies of all seven Speed records for your wall. Message me if you want some more info and pictures. I live in Santa Cruz, CA.

William

[URL=http://s90.photobucket.com/user/Flyboybilly/media/BUB%20book.jpg.html][/URL]

One fast red ZX-14,
Three World and four National Land Speed Records,
One faster red and white Cessna Turbo 210

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Flyboy's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted May 02, 2017 11:44 AM        
Wow! Good to see you again! Hope things are well!!

Bike is amazing!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Flyboy

Pro
posted May 03, 2017 03:12 AM        
Fish good to hear from you and be back in the Forum. Seems like old times.

I know the post belongs in For Sale section and I'll put it in there shortly with more pics and details. Hope all is well.

William

One fast red ZX-14,

Flyboy

Pro
posted May 03, 2017 03:37 AM        Edited By: Flyboy on 3 May 2017 10:48

This was a 200 mph return run at a density of 6,500 feet. Estimated top speed of bike at sea level is around 213 mph. At the time "The Sprit" was 10 to 15 mph faster than all the other ZX-14's because aerodynamics and a few other secrets.

This event was at BUB Speed Trials where the speed is averaged over down run , then a return run within 45 minutes to compensate for wind. The speed has to be recorded over a total mile in distance each way.

I understand their is a new AMA/FIM event starting for the first time at Bonneville this August.

https://bonnevillespeedtrials.com

"The Spriit" is wired and ready to go. The only problem is- if you break a record you have to sit on the hot sand and take your engine apart to have the cylinders measured... and then put the engine back together again in a few hours. On a Busa it's easy. ZX-14? You will never forget the experience. "It builds character" as they once told me in Ranger School.

William

One fast red ZX-14,

All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Collector bike needs new home NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22574901580811 seconds processing time