HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Does removing flies make it rich or lean? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
mvvette97

Parking Attendant
posted March 28, 2017 06:05 PM        
Does removing flies make it rich or lean?

Hey guys I'm new here. I have an 06 zx14 with the muzzy full exhaust and just removed the secondary flies. I have the power commander so I downloaded the map from their website for the muzzy full exhaust and flies removed. I also downloaded the map for just the muzzy exhaust with the flies in place. I was comparing the two maps and the one with the flies removed has a higher - "negative" number then the one with the flies installed. This is in the lower rpm areas where the removal of the secondary flies would change the fueling the most. I was thinking that without the flies the map should be adding fuel but looks like it takes away more than with the map with the flies in. So does the removal of the flies make it more rich at low rpm? The maps I downloaded from power commander don't make much sense to me. I thought the more negative ya go with the numbers leans it out or am I wrong?

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2017 01:07 AM        
Where did you get those maps? I'm not having luck- I have a 09 with muzzy full exhaust and need maps. Will you share what you have with me? My email is dnapowersports@gmail.com
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2017 01:10 AM        
To answer your question it makes sense with flies out it would add more fuel. I heard with flies out on 08 and above flies out can hurt low takeoff since the bike is too lean now at low rpm but a properly mapped power commander would fix this. I've noticed that myself on my 09. It is sluggish than takes off quicker so Im thinking flies out is a good thing i just need to map it correctly. If you send me the maps you have ill look at them. Im going to run autotune on my bike as well to see what changes it makes.
  Ignore this member   
mvvette97

Parking Attendant
posted March 31, 2017 03:54 AM        
Here is where I got my map for my 06 but I do not see a map for your 09 for the flies removed. I will send you an email with my 06-07 flies out map to compare to.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/product-details.aspx?mdlyrid=17-012&make=27&model=283&make-n=Kawasaki&model-n=ZX-14R&year=2009&mk=27&mdl=283&yr=1729

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted March 31, 2017 04:08 AM        
Yeah I found out their website is down today. I'll let you know what i discover. I just read this - http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?TID=50302&FID=27 . Guy states flies out really doesnt make a difference.
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted April 06, 2017 06:44 AM        
I found a post on another site where someone had the same issue and drove for 30 days with autotune running than applied the trim changes sutotune suggested and he said boom it fixed his issue. I'm going to do the same. If I notice a difference I'll send you the map and you can try it.
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted April 24, 2017 11:43 PM        
Well I have a week under my belt with the autotune and what I found out basically is the maps from powercommander.com all have the zx14 running insanely rich. Bike idles at 11.1. I take it out for 10 minutes and it makes huge trim changes. Every time. I think Ill try 0 fuel map out of curiousity to see what the bike runs at without a power commander. Stay tuned.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Does removing flies make it rich or lean? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22744607925415 seconds processing time