HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Sprocket Teeth Count NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Ruff Ryders Sky

Parking Attendant
posted March 12, 2017 10:40 AM        
Sprocket Teeth Count

I currently have a 2009 ZX14. Changing out the Chain & Sprocket and wanted more torque. Would you all recommend 17 in the front and 47 or 48 in the rear? Also, I have questions about Power Commander as well, but I'll wait for one answer at a time!

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted April 03, 2017 05:54 AM        
I have the same bike. My new power commander is waiting for me at home- just came in the mail . I bought a 16t vortex for the front to start with. I was told this is the most bang for the buck. If Im not happy with that Ill go up 2 in the rear in addition. Need to be careful though unless you dont care about buying chains. Certain combinations will require you to switch out the chain for a different size. Going down one tooth in the front wont require a change in chain. DO a search on it . I did and saw somewhere a post where someone talked about what combinations will work with your stock 530 chain and which ones will require a different size chain.
  Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted April 24, 2017 11:57 PM        
I went to 16 in front - loved it. Going +2 in the rear next
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Sprocket Teeth Count NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22538495063782 seconds processing time