HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Zx14 overheating now NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
extremelean

Pro
posted September 24, 2016 09:45 AM        
Was this issue ever resolved??

Ignore this member   
wildncrazyguy

Novice Class
posted September 24, 2016 10:27 AM        
I put a 2nd fan on it. Be careful when doing this because the fan I added which is another stock fan rubbed against radiator and caused a leak. This 2nd fan made bike cool enough so it didn't overheat. Just like my unstable feeling on my bike I'll probably find out why someday.
  Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted September 24, 2016 11:59 AM        
Wow ! Well congrats on figuring out how to keep it cool.
That sucks not knowing why though.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
Some Guy

Expert Class
posted May 02, 2018 12:48 PM        
This looks like an old thread but I'm sure my info will help.

When I took my '08 14 in for its valve adjustment, somewhere near 50K miles, they told me that I need to replace some sheath or something like that. They said it would begin to overheat. Sure enough, after a few months, it started running hot. Nothing like you described, just running hot.

I never did replace whatever they were talking about but the next time I bring it in I will. I couldn't afford it at the time because it was going to add $500 to the already expensive price for the valve adjustment. I live in the Pacific NW and it's colder here than down south, so it's tolerable. I just have to keep an eye on it July-September.

I'm not a mechanic, so sorry for not giving the exact detail they told me, but I am about ready to take it in just to take of this. The bike is over 80K miles, so I may bring it in just to get it over with. If I do, and if it works, I'll try and remember to post it here.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Zx14 overheating now NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24440407752991 seconds processing time