HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 14R Gearing change surging NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
burn

Parking Attendant
posted November 08, 2015 12:55 AM        
14R Gearing change surging

I have a 2013 ZX-14R with ABS This might have been covered before but I changed back sprocket to a 44 and the bike surges bad in 1st and 2nd gear at low rpm's.I have traction control off and my ecu has been flashed by Gulh. Is this because the ABS sensor? Is there a fix for this its very frustrating

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 08, 2015 02:39 PM        
I think I remember guys saying when they are gearing more total teeth than stock they have had ecu computing problems.I run less total teeth on back ( -2 ) = 40 tooth sprocket sometimes and no trouble.........
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 09, 2015 02:48 AM        Edited By: Shane661 on 9 Dec 2015 09:48
I run a 44T and use an Ivan's TRE. No issue then, but you do lose your gear indicator.

Shane

Ignore this member   
Master

Expert Class
If it ain't fast it aint me
posted December 15, 2015 08:25 AM        
bikes turns to crap when you change gearing .

There is no fix for it just excuse's so Burn you got burned when you switched gears.
Go back to stock and it will be ok.

Ignore this member   
burn

Parking Attendant
posted December 15, 2015 09:02 AM        
Master only changed gearing to 17/44 for the track. Extended WB to 64inch and fried clutches
after one night with stock gearing 17/42. Other 14R racers told me I need more gearing with the longer WB and have not had clutch problems since. Going back to stock gearing for the street.
Was thinking of trying 16/42 if any other 14R riders have tried this combo input would be helpful
as to whether it surges with that gearing and if that's a good combo for the track

Ignore this member   
Master

Expert Class
If it ain't fast it aint me
posted December 17, 2015 03:19 AM        
truthfully you need even more gearing than that but you'll just have to deal with the jerkiness as others do. Just one of the horrible things that Kawasaki does like adding steel brake lines when users would love to have this issue corrected. I'd go to the track and ask others there that are running good what ratio they are using. Your tiding style will determine what ratio you'll use.

Here is a great write up on what your try to do. http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=58165&set_time=

Ignore this member   
burn

Parking Attendant
posted December 17, 2015 07:20 PM        
Thanks for the Link

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 14R Gearing change surging NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28955006599426 seconds processing time