HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pazzo clutch perch creaking and sticking NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
JGIG73

Novice Class
posted October 20, 2015 11:30 AM        Edited By: JGIG73 on 20 Oct 2015 18:31
Pazzo clutch perch creaking and sticking

I put a set of Pazzo levers on the bike last year and 3 days ago the clutch lever started acting up on me. The issue is when releasing the lever slowly, it creaks and sticks causing issues at launch or in traffic. The main retainer pin and perch contacts have always been greased. If you look in the perch where the clutch plunger sits, there is a small steel coupling that has a retainer pin and c-clip that holds it inside the perch, that houses the plunger when you pull in the lever. For some reason it has prematurely worn and is the cause of the problem. I put a small amount of grease inside that housing and it didnt help. Have you seen this problem? Any easy fixes other than replacing the entire perch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1ZQRRjZPk

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted October 23, 2015 06:20 PM        
My shorty clutch lever likes to creak too. Nothing really can be done but keep it greased and hope for the best.
I have noticed that at certain settings the ones that put the lever closest to the handlebar seem to help mine to the point where i don't really notice the creak. Might just be my set though.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
speedyme

Expert Class
posted November 01, 2015 02:57 AM        
mine have always done that, like 5 years now but still work fine

Ignore this member    Click here to visit speedyme's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Pazzo clutch perch creaking and sticking NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28322315216064 seconds processing time