HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Charged up but no charge! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
nutsation

Parking Attendant
posted September 29, 2015 02:00 AM        
Charged up but no charge!

Good day all you bike enthusiasts. Man im really baffeled with my 2011 zx 14. Im not getting a charge anymore. I check ac from stator and have an idle voltage of 22v and at 5000 rpms like 90 plus volts. But when i plug rectifier up with no load the voltage is virtually nothing. Ive replaced the rectifier twice and everything was good for about a few weeks with each 1 then failure. Ive checked the stator it ohmed out at .2 across and theres no short to ground. Can some please assist me im freaking dying here not being able to ride.

Ignore this member   
BrucerZX14

Expert Class
posted October 04, 2015 12:42 AM        
Sounds like a failed rectifier.

Ignore this member   
nutsation

Parking Attendant
posted October 08, 2015 03:46 AM        
Appreciate the advice Brucery. But this is my second one replaced. It will be cool for a week or so then problem comes again. Killing me bro lol
  Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted October 09, 2015 02:58 PM        
Have you checked for a a good ground continuity at the rectifier regulator ? Also check for a solid positive at the rectifier regulator too. Most likely it is a ground issue.
I would re wire the Posititive and Ground to the Rectifier Regulator.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
nutsation

Parking Attendant
posted October 10, 2015 10:16 AM        
Lee i totally did that lol. I removed tank traced ever wire no shorts breaks great ground and everything. Ive notice bike is kinda running weird and i have to hit the start button after bike has started to have headlights come on. Freaking crazy im totally lost.
  Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted October 10, 2015 03:03 PM        
Hmm yeah that's strange issue .I'm still betting its a ground issue. Check the ground wire to the rectifier regulator while the bike is running and off checking that no power come out of it.. Sometimes i have seen grounds randomly turn into positives.

There is a a ground junction that i have seen go bad and cause all sorts of crazyness.
The bad thing is that it is built into the harness. It is located in then main harness under the left ram air duct. It is a rectangular shaped buldge and you have to strip all the insulation off to get to it. Wish i took a pic of it when i had it apart but basically it is where all the grounds are connected together and it is all connected like a socket with a plug that plugs into the top of all the ground wires.

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Charged up but no charge! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.53466391563416 seconds processing time