HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2015 Brings BNG to the ZX-14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Brock

Sponsor
posted July 22, 2014 02:47 AM        
quote:
That said Brock it appears you have retained control of your senses. LOL!! Poor George drank a whole gallon of the HD KoolAid and he's for all intents and purposes lost his damn mind! He does nothing anymore but post garbage about insanely expensive HD motor builds that make X Hp and are X CI displacement and he actually believes all that torque is going to get that 800 PLUS pound pile of shit down the road ahead of anything larger than a 600cc STOCK jap sportbike! But he's making gigantic piles of cash selling those motors to the knuckle draggers so more power to him. My issue with that story is he knows better yet that love of the mighty dollar controls the words that he speaks. I would hate to think I had to spend 80K on a HD motor build just to lose to a stock 14R or 10R for that matter. Kawasaki makes some nice V twins Brock why the HD? Being a racer to the core as I suspect you are and understanding motors the way I suspect you do from all your success I would think you would have an issue with HD buying the rule book in the NHRA just to win on Sunday to sell on Monday? I know I do! Beating up little girls isn't anything to brag about just as beating someone with twice the displacement isn't anything to brag about, or racing outside the rules that every other manufacture are held to isn't anything to be proud of winning by doing..... NOPE! NO HD for those of us that believe in fair rules in racing... Supporting them in any way supports their cheating F*#K HD!

Gunner,

My 'Harley friends' don't watch or pay attention to the 'millionaires club' oops NHRA... when they do, it's to pump a fist when an S&S powered machine get's past one of the factory H-D's. If I pay attention, it's to root for my friends/fellow AMA Dragbike racers John Hall and Micheal Phillips. I'm a big fan of the Arana's also.

FYI: I had a chance to race NHRA in 1992 on a machine owned by Joe Desantis (still racing). I was bumped off of the ladder in the final round of qualifying by Steve Johnson. But my claim to fame? I had a better 60 ft than; John Meyers, Dave Schultz, Pizza John Mafaro, Byron Hines (on the Yamaha), Hector Arana, Lance Boyer, the list of greats is long! They just had more power... and money! I was a broke young man who was lucky enough to know how to ride a motorcycle, with a friend/bike owner that was too injured to ride it.

Great memories. You used to be able to show up with a good bike and have a shot - those days a long gone.

Brock

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted July 22, 2014 03:36 PM        
Brock I've been involved in racing for most of my 50 years in one way or the other. I spent 4 of the most miserable years I ever spent in the racing business working for an NHRA 500" Pro Stock car team. By the time I left that job I nearly hated racing which wasn't what I expected when I took that job. At the top all of the passion for the sport is DEAD! There's nothing left of the NHRA that Wally Parks started all those years ago. All that said because of the years I spent in a shop looking for power that was hiding within the rules that make a Pro Stock A PRO STOCK I understand the rules as they apply to a ProStock very clear; possibly more so than the average guy that's never made racing the way he pays his house payment and buys food for the family etc. The way the NHRA has openly broken every rule that's ever been put in writing that governs Pro Stock ANYTHING to allow Willie G and the HD boys to deceive the whole world into believing they are working within the same rules that govern every other competitor in the class was the last straw for the NHRA. They are worse than the WWF or Nascar both put together and multiplied by 10! The worst part is this....... When HD are done raping the class for the last drop of advertising mileage they can ring from it's bones they'll walk away and the class will be dead. The reining class champion couldn't even start the season with a sponsor! The HD team has been allowed to ignore all homologation rules that are the backbone of ProStock! They race NON Production based engine designs, they are allowed to compete with parts that aren't offered for sale to the general public like ALL OTHER Pro Stock engine parts are required to be both in cars and every other bike including the V Twin Buells. ALL OF THESE THINGS add up to one very illegal motorcycle if it was held to the same rules as every other bike in the class that shows up and attempts to pass through tech much less compete on the track!

Because of this I feel supporting Harley Davidson in any way whatsoever is the same as saying you're OK with all this cheating. DSR attempted to design and produce a Billet Suzuki motor to compete against the Billet one off Harley's. NHRA allowed them to spend money having a prototype designed and built only to deny it before it was ever ran down the track. A few pictures for those that have never seen the thing. Then none other than Byron Hines stated in a magazine interview that the people that tried to build the Suzuki couldn't get it finished for some reason... I wonder if that reason happened to be NHRA telling the thing would NEVER see the light of day regardless what they done to comply with changes. There would always be one more change needed to be made. DSR were smart enough to know the bike would NEVER be allowed to stomp a mud hole in HD ass and they pulled completely out of the class. Byron even went so far as saying it was over weight... LOL!!!! Any CNC programmer worth killing could have designed a program to remove un needed weight. It was the first shot off the machining center.. How many HD motors did Byron have to build before he managed to get one of those turds down the track in a competitive time?

Just can't stomach seeing the name Harley Davidson mentioned in a thread where performance is the topic.. They tried to win in the AMA by buying their way to the front and that didn't work out for them worth a damn. They hired the top riders and spent the most money only to fail because AMA wouldn't allow them to take a clean sheet of paper and fill in the rules for their motor like NHRA did. Makes a man wonder how many of those other champions in the NHRA were bought and paid for championships? It's stinks up the whole organization.. GREED

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted July 23, 2014 05:58 AM        
Yeah, when Don Schumacher doesn't even have enough money to get it done... there simply isn't enough money. - it's political. V&H has a 'money-o-poly' on NHRA Pro Stock. I love how they simply created their own AMA class (parade), too. But let's face it, they put asses in the stands, and that's all that really matters to the promoters/organizations. What's the saying? Hate the game, not the players. I don't endorse it... but it's business, I do understand.

But, I don't fly to work in my own jet, and I never will - I'm not that good at business + I like to sleep at night. Damn integrity.

Brock

MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted July 23, 2014 07:35 AM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 23 Jul 2014 21:36
quote:
But, I don't fly to work in my own jet, and I never will - I'm not that good at business + I like to sleep at night. Damn integrity.

Brock

Brock,

The fact that you post on a user forum as yourself, shows you put your money where your mouth is and not afraid to own what you claim or say. I think that speaks volumes about your integrity. You and I have never met, or even spoken, but I feel I know you pretty well.. at least as a retail proprietor. Sleep well, I think you deserve that much for sure!

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted July 23, 2014 10:16 AM        
quote:

Brock

Well said Brock. I don't think you and I see things that much different on this topic. I dislike liars, thieves, bullies, back stabbers, and fakes. Motorcycles aren't a business for me they are my passion in life and because of that I dislike anyone that uses them to make money from by deceiving people. The NHRA, Vance & Hines Racing, and Harley Davidson are deceiving the world by pretending their bikes are built and competed with using the same rules as all the rest of the field. They are bullying the rest of the field into keeping their mouth shut about all this by making it clear if they say a word they are done racing in Pro Stock.. Now for a guy like me that would be fine I would rather not race than be bullied into being silent. For some unknown reason to me the guys that race NHRA ProStock seem to think unless they're racing NHRA they aren't racing. I've told George many times I would rather pay to see his team race at any other sanctioning body than NHRA and in fact I wouldn't walk across the street to watch an NHRA even if I could get in for free much less pay them a dime to attend one of their events. According to George EVERYONE that races a motorcycle that isn't racing NHRA ProStock WISH THEY WERE!! That's the degree his mind has been brainwashed into thinking unless he's getting TV time he's simply not racing! Those guys all attend week after week spending STUPID amounts of money as you have pointed out already KNOWING THEY HAVEN'T GOT A PRAYER of winning unless they just happen to fall into it by Vance & Hines having a bad day! And it's not because the V&H team is that much better than anyone else out there. It's ONLY because they have that much more power than any other team because they race equipment that fit's Top Fuel rules better than any ProStock rule book. Except for the fuel it's 100% Prototype technology with no other examples of any part on their bikes anywhere else on the planet. By definition that's NOT a ProStock! That's the part that stinks the whole deal up. Why would the other competitors even show up knowing they don't have a prayer unless it's for the TV fame? They are all so caught up in some fame that doesn't even exist that they can't do the right thing for the class which would be boycott the events until NHRA puts the HD OUT the gate or makes them compete under the EXACT SAME RULES as every other team out there. I'm stunned and amazed how vain these guys have become. They would rather spend all that money and have no chance of winning as race a sanctioning body that would give them a fair place to race as long as they get a chance to be seen on TV! Sad situation

Ignore this member   
MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted July 24, 2014 02:10 PM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 25 Jul 2014 04:13
I was looking at the most recent points standing in the Street legal Bike series here at the local track.. . Fully sponsored by HD of SLC.

Notice anything missing from the list? No, not the name of #9 and #11.

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted July 25, 2014 12:09 AM        
MotoCycho,

Looks like no H-D's in the H-D sponsored class. (Not sure what 9 and 11 might be riding).

Brock

MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted July 25, 2014 03:16 AM        
quote:
MotoCycho,

Looks like no H-D's in the H-D sponsored class. (Not sure what 9 and 11 might be riding).

Brock

Yep! Funny as hell huh? Pretty sure the 11th slot is a ZX-12r based on the bike number.

Anyway, yeah.. that was my point.. no Harleys in the Harley sponsored series. Seems the HD dealer that is the sponsor would back at least 1 horse? It's an NHRA track BTW.

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted July 25, 2014 06:46 AM        
Yeah, but that's a good thing. Might as well use that H-D funding to help pay for the class, my guess is that no other business around is going to slap down the cash in the current economy.

It's sort of a catch 22 with Harley. It's easy to hate on them, but they are putting A BUNCH of money back into motorcycle drag racing and drag racing in general. Hell, they absorbed the entire AHDRA program when it went belly up... what an undertaking. Of course, they aren't doing it to be nice, they are a corporation... it's all money-motivated, but the advantages do 'trickle down' to the average guy in some cases (like above).

Brock

MotoCycho

Expert Class
posted July 25, 2014 07:19 AM        Edited By: MotoCycho on 25 Jul 2014 21:20
Hi Brock,

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I couldn't see past the absurdity I saw when no Harleys were running in the series that HD sponsored... but your take gives me a new perspective. GO HD!

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2014 01:27 PM        
I'll show my age here a bit....... I still recall back in 1983 or so when Harley Davidson went crying to Congress to place tariffs on all the Asian manufactures because their HD brand couldn't sell a bike because their bikes were SUCH JUNK AND COST MORE than all the rest to boot! The result was the cost of an open class bike such as a GPz1100 increased over a grand and NEVER returned to the lower pricing they always were before that time. HD has never done anything but cry...... Fast forward to today a full decade or more past the official YUPPIE influx that were all buying an HD because they thought it would instantly turn their wimpy ass into a BAD ASS BIKER in the eyes of the world. HD got nasty rich from that bunch of retards buying anything and everything with HD painted in it that was bigger or more expensive than their neighbor owned.. What does HD do? They took all that money and bought their way into motor sports.. The fastest Honda's on the planet roll from the Honda Skunk Works the same for Kawasaki, Suzuki, and every other brand.... Harley can't even build their own fast bike within their own facility!! WHAT A JOKE!! They have to go out and hire an outside firm to build a bike that only wears an abstract body of a bike they build. NOTHING on that Vance & Hines one off prototype was ever designed or manufactured within the confines of an HD plant! Nothing but a bunch of fakes that are fooing a bunch of fools into believing their HD is fast. Hate um? Yea I hate um

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 30, 2014 03:03 PM        
If I had a jet I'd fly it somewhere. No jet yet

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 30, 2014 09:33 PM        
quote:
Harley can't even build their own fast bike within their own facility!!

Typical American company . assembled not built !!!!!!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 31, 2014 12:36 AM        
quote:
quote:

Now hang on. That's the same for almost all companies now. I personally watched the engines for the BMW650GS being assembled in China and crated for shipping to Germany.

1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 31, 2014 09:15 AM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 31 Jul 2014 23:16
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now hang on. That's the same for almost all companies now. I personally watched the engines for the BMW650GS being assembled in China and crated for shipping to Germany.

quote:
The fastest Honda's on the planet roll from the Honda Skunk Works the same for Kawasaki, Suzuki, and every other brand

not in Gunner's" world "

Ignore this member   
fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted August 04, 2014 03:57 PM        
thanks guys !! others pictures ???

zzr 1400 12'

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fullzx12r's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 06, 2014 12:09 AM        
Full.... u want the flag to head your way?

fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted August 07, 2014 01:08 AM        
not lol, i want others pictures of the zx-14r 30 years ! arfff
zzr 1400 12'

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted September 02, 2014 06:38 AM        
quote:
Unless Kawi has some surprise announcement on the Concours or an all new ZXR, we're looking at a rather static year from Big Green.

Depending on whether the new model lives up to the hype Kaw's trying to create with this rollout... I may be eating some crow: 2015 H2

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Brock

Sponsor
posted September 02, 2014 07:44 AM        Edited By: Brock on 2 Sep 2014 21:45
quote:
quote:
Unless Kawi has some surprise announcement on the Concours or an all new ZXR, we're looking at a rather static year from Big Green.

Depending on whether the new model lives up to the hype Kaw's trying to create with this rollout... I may be eating some crow: 2015 H2

He-he...

Brock

Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 02, 2014 12:40 PM        
I seriously doubt the H2 deal will be a big bore motor with a blower. I may have a supercharger but I wouldn't bet any money on it being on a 14R. Probably more like the last blown bike they built a 750. Hence the name H2..

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted September 04, 2014 06:03 AM        
http://www.h2ninja.com/board/viewthread.php?FID=52&TID=76627&set_time=

fullzx12r

Zone Head
French Guy
posted September 06, 2014 05:23 PM        
REPLICA from JAPAN !

zzr 1400 12'

Knewjack

Novice Class
posted September 07, 2014 03:55 AM        
Man, that looks sweet!
  Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted September 13, 2014 02:42 AM        
Cool!

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: 2015 Brings BNG to the ZX-14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.48771095275879 seconds processing time