HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Upgrade to PC5 or stay with PC3 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
ssmith109240

Parking Attendant
posted February 04, 2013 02:40 PM        
Upgrade to PC5 or stay with PC3

Whats up guy. I recently had a 03 R1with a pc3, and my father has a 06 ZX14. I used to love the way his bike handle, power, and size. So i just sold the R1 and got a 08 ZX14. When i got to bike, the guy told me only thing he has done to it was extend it 6 inch and put a 210 tire on it. But when I got her home and started to take her apart, i found pc3 straped to the front forks. Now i have been planning to get a pc5 with auto tune. but now i think if i should just get a innovate lm-2, and do my own tuning with the pc3. what do you guys think.

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted February 04, 2013 05:01 PM        
I got the PC5 because of the dual maps built in so I can run both pump gas and some sort of more exotic fuel for racing. You can buy something to upgrade the PC3 to multiple maps though since you've already got it installed on the bike. If you don't race the bike with a different fuel than what you ride the bike around with you don't need multiple maps. Unless N20 is involved.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
ssmith109240

Parking Attendant
posted February 04, 2013 08:48 PM        
so if i just get the LM-2 and tune my bike according, will i then be able to tranfer the lm-2 to my dads biike and then tune his bike(we have different mods). or should he just get the auto tune
  Ignore this member   
Seno

Pro
BANNED FOR LIFE!
posted February 05, 2013 04:42 AM        
Well if you do not have a pipe, auto tune will be useless. IF you are going to add a pipe, there is a good chance there is a map for your bike with that pipe. PC5 does add some features, but frankly if you are not going to be needing them then the PC3 will do just fine.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Upgrade to PC5 or stay with PC3 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21187996864319 seconds processing time