HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Hays Machine NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 19, 2013 03:44 AM        
Hays Machine

Good Day All,

I've been away for a while and trying to contact Tim Hays. I hope everything is ok. I just find it unusual not being able to get in touch. Any way my Hays slider cut a couple tenths off the 60 with his tech support. Any new would be appreciated. Thanks

James Touchet

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 19, 2013 07:09 AM        
tim hard to get to answer his phone try email . those convertable clutches are the best money a man can spend if his clutch hand is not great.. how much you gain in the whole run .. i went from 1.50's in the 60 to 1.30's and my 3.30's drop 4 tenths from use ..

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 19, 2013 07:31 AM        
quote:
tim hard to get to answer his phone try email . those convertable clutches are the best money a man can spend if his clutch hand is not great.. how much you gain in the whole run .. i went from 1.50's in the 60 to 1.30's and my 3.30's drop 4 tenths from use ..

From 9.teens to high eights. Went from 1.55 to 1.36 1st time out then droped a little more the next time. I'm working it to 1.2's in baby steps. Thanks

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted January 19, 2013 02:21 PM        
quote:
quote:

From 9.teens to high eights. Went from 1.55 to 1.36 1st time out then droped a little more the next time. I'm working it to 1.2's in baby steps. Thanks

That's getting it done for sure!!!

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 19, 2013 03:16 PM        
sliders work. first time out on mine last week. consistant 1.25-26 on all 4 passes i got in. changed up a couple things in the clutch and going back tomorrow to test. shooting for low 1.20s at 72in wb. mines a mtc btw.

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 20, 2013 11:11 AM        
quote:
sliders work. first time out on mine last week. consistant 1.25-26 on all 4 passes i got in. changed up a couple things in the clutch and going back tomorrow to test. shooting for low 1.20s at 72in wb. mines a mtc btw.

That's awesome first time out. I'm at 68" wb. Good luck

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 21, 2013 09:19 AM        
went back yesterday. seemed to be carrying the front tire a little worse than last week. could have been the cooler weather. plain and simple its hard to keep the front glued to the ground at 72'. going to try reducing the air gap by .005 and see if it will slide out a little longer. would be nice if more people with them would list their set ups kinda a slider tuning thread.

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 22, 2013 02:40 AM        
That's a great idea
  Ignore this member   
SteddyTeddy

Pro
posted January 22, 2013 06:47 AM        
Tried to get that type of info with lockups on here a couple years ago, but the 1 member that had the knowledge just wanted $$ in his pocket.
  Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 07:28 AM        
well i can start it. i have an mtc slider. 6 grams on each arm(5 arms) air gap 50 thousands. 72in wb. 1.25 60ft. going to try reducing air gap to 45 thousands to let it slide a little more. stage rpms are 4500.

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 22, 2013 08:08 AM        
That's good stuff quick. I have the Hays Super Slider. All 6 washers on all 6 arms, 20lbs springs on 3 arms, no springs on other 3 arms, .054 air gap, stage at 4500 also. Next outing I will try staging at 5000. If the 1.30's drop i have gone in the right direction. Next I would try removing a spring from 1 arm for quicker lockup and hope for improvement. My bike is at 68"wb, I'm 175 suited, Bike is just under 500lbs. Those 1.30's passes felt so lazy I thought they were 1.60 60 footers.

Quick, I may need to be corrected in my thinking. Your at .050 and you want it to slide longer. Will making a smaller air gap at .045 work. Or larger air gap at .055 for it to slide longer.

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 08:55 AM        Edited By: quick6 on 22 Jan 2013 16:56
my understanding is the air gap affects the amount of leverage the arms apply to the hat. from what i can gather talking to a few people less air gap will let it slide father but you run the risk of not having enough arm pressure to ensure a good lock up. right now im not having that issue may have to add more weight to compensate for the leverage change. i really wont know for sure till i try it at the track.

Ignore this member   
AcadianaZX

Advertiser
posted January 22, 2013 09:03 AM        
quote:
my understanding is the air gap affects the amount of leverage the arms apply to the hat. from what i can gather talking to a few people less air gap will let it slide father but you run the risk of not having enough arm pressure to ensure a good lock up. right now im not having that issue may have to add more weight to compensate for the leverage change. i really wont know for sure till i try it at the track.

That makes sense. Thanks Mr.

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 09:19 AM        
i will keep changing and posting untill i get it figured out. set up sliders before for longer bikes. no problem controlling wheelies on them as most are 80in bikes. 72in is a little harder to keep down. i wont be happy untill i can consistantly 60 in the low 20s. need to find that last .05 in the 60.

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted January 22, 2013 04:53 PM        
quick6,
I don't have a slider, however, I want to thank you for sharing info like that. Posts like yours is what makes this site great.

Sincerely,
BLK ICE
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted January 22, 2013 05:38 PM        
Is it that super slider for 550$? And does it bolt up to stock basket?
  Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 05:56 PM        
quote:
i dont know of any kind of slider clutch for $550. mines an mtc full slider. they are around $1300 plus clutch fibers and steels.
Black Ice, i dont mind sharing info. thats how we all learn. our camp does everything in house. none of our bikes have been built by big name shops. my best friend builds the motors so im the one to figure out the clutch and chassie . btw we were kicking around the idea of coming to union . will that track hook up fast bikes? how much stopping room.

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted January 22, 2013 06:19 PM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 23 Jan 2013 03:40
quote:
quote:
i dont know of any kind of slider clutch for $550. mines an mtc full slider. they are around $1300 plus clutch fibers and steels.
Black Ice, i dont mind sharing info. thats how we all learn. our camp does everything in house. none of our bikes have been built by big name shops. my best friend builds the motors so im the one to figure out the clutch and chassie . btw we were kicking around the idea of coming to union . will that track hook up fast bikes? how much stopping room.

The track has held a few high to med 4sec bikes that I know of. However, i don't want to vouche for the track, being that this is the first race of the year. It will depend on how much effort they put in the prep. I think if a camp has the ablity to make minnor adjustment to deal with track conditions they will be fine. I think you and your camp will be amoung the top of the food chain. Shut down is straight and smooth.

Bad pass, but good look at the track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkEomWEzpk

Some more angles of union county dragway.(BlackIce Performance is not responsible for or endorse the content of this vedio) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcx76Mf2jsI
Another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL2U35AT8-k
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 22, 2013 06:29 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 23 Jan 2013 02:31
I have a freinds hays clutch if anybody wants to buy 1 complete with tuning kit .. 1150.00 shipped fit 06-07 zx14's.

http://www.haysmachineonline.com/kawasaki-zx14-t3-convertable-clutch/

just like this one but green instead of purple

Ignore this member   
smokinstorm

Zone Head
Old Drag Racer
posted January 22, 2013 06:36 PM        
Great deal 1bad. I've got to get one for the NA14 but unfortunately it's an 09. Also, with the turbo14 going back together now, we'll probably lean on you heavily to help up get the clutch set up right for Dave.
2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for a 1985 GS1150E

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 22, 2013 06:41 PM        Edited By: 1badzx12r on 23 Jan 2013 02:51
need to understand there is no majic clutch set-up that works for all bikes.. it depends on rider weight, hp, gearing.. you can't set 1 up to work on motor and then spray it and think the same set-up will work without adjustments .. but after you get it set-up to where it works for you and your set-up it keeps repeating ET's and saves clutches

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 07:04 PM        
quote:
need to understand there is no majic clutch set-up that works for all bikes.. it depends on rider weight, hp, gearing.. you can't set 1 up to work on motor and then spray it and think the same set-up will work without adjustments .. but after you get it set-up to where it works for you and your set-up it keeps repeating ET's and saves clutches
1bad youre exactly right. but my thinking is getting a conversation started and information sharing we atleast have some sort of starting point. right now not alot of info or sharing . at the least we may all learn something. i can only share what i do and my experiences. doesnt mean it will work the same for everyone.my bike is nowhere near stock motor anymore. so what works for mine might not work the same for a stock motor bike.

Ignore this member   
quick6

Expert Class
posted January 22, 2013 07:10 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

The track has held a few high to med 4sec bikes that I know of. However, i don't want to vouche for the track, being that this is the first race of the year. It will depend on how much effort they put in the prep. I think if a camp has the ablity to make minnor adjustment to deal with track conditions they will be fine. I think you and your camp will be amoung the top of the food chain. Shut down is straight and smooth.
Bad pass, but good look at the track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkEomWEzpk
Some more angles of union county dragway.(BlackIce Performance is not responsible for or endorse the content of this vedio) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcx76Mf2jsI
thanks. were kicking around the idea of going. just hate to get there and not beable to pull our fastest bike out the trailor.

Ignore this member   
joseph702

Zone Head
posted January 22, 2013 08:02 PM        
Ok it was just fee front hub thing for 550, 1bad I'd take it but I'm a 09 too .
  Ignore this member   
06redzx14

Pro
posted January 22, 2013 08:06 PM        
You can always buy it and have the gear changed on the basket. $100 give or take

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Hays Machine NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21835803985596 seconds processing time