HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Re Mapping? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
yannih

Parking Attendant
posted November 24, 2012 09:17 PM        
Re Mapping?

Gday All,
Just added Yoshimura R-77 Titanium slip ons (not an easy challenge) and a K&N air filter to my 2007 ZX-14.
Do I need to get the ECU remapped for these additives or am I okay and all is still good?
I am concerned the bike will run lean with the changes and that's the last thing I want...
Thanks and Regards,

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted November 24, 2012 09:42 PM        
If your happy with how the bike is running then your fine, I dynoed mine with just slip ons and no tuning and the a/f ratio was not lean. If you want the absolute last hp out of it then yes a custom tune would do that.
  Ignore this member   
cliffrandall

Zone Head
posted November 25, 2012 05:28 AM        
Typically stock motors are mapped to be lean where the EPA tests them - down low and to about 5K, that said most of my experience has indicated that the factory compensate for the lean low rpm fueling by running them richer up top. Over the past 13 yrs the maps I've built usually show the bikes to run better at high rpm with a 'free flowing' pipe as it produces a slightly leaner condition which eliminates the 'over fueling'. Lean is where the power is at high rpm, a little richer mixture for your lower 'torque' power curve. We fatten them up mid range, then start pulling the fuel out as they climb!........ I'd recommend a PC 5 and a trip to the dyno for a look, possibly adding some fuel accordingly.
Cliff

Ignore this member   
yannih

Parking Attendant
posted November 25, 2012 06:37 AM        
Thanks for the response.
I'm not interested in changing any performance characteristics or chasing more HP. I don't drag or race but do quite a bit of "spirited" touring and the bike is plenty fast enough for me.
With the new slip ons and air filter I just wanted to make sure the bike wasn't leaned to an extent that the engine was at risk of damage over time.
The bike runs great with the changes and doesn't over heat so looks like all is good.
Thanks again...

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Re Mapping? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21650981903076 seconds processing time