HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Headlight Dilemma NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Fastest-14

Expert Class
Fastest -14
posted September 30, 2012 09:20 AM        
Headlight Dilemma

I'm having a problem with my "06" 14's Headlights. They won't come on. A couple weeks ago they started coming on for about 30 mins or so, then the would go off and come back on, back and forth. Durin the time that they would go off, the turn signals on the dash would be lite on solid green (suppose to be off) and something would be making a buzzing sound around the front dash area. Now the Headlights don't come on at all and there is no more buzzing sound. The tail and brake lights work fine. The only thing is the blinkers, blink fast. Anyone know what this could possibly be in ref to the Headlights?

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted September 30, 2012 12:26 PM        
Has to be a head light relay .. Check on top of the ECU , there is a relay pack right on top of the ECU ..

Ignore this member   
Fastest-14

Expert Class
Fastest -14
posted September 30, 2012 12:59 PM        Edited By: Fastest-14 on 30 Sep 2012 21:01
Smoke, I was thinking the same thing but being that I have never had any relay issues in the 30 years I been riding, I wasn't sure. This bike has several relays. I have a 14 service manual and they mentioned that there are 2 small relays that go to the headlights that are in the front underneath the black inner fairings, on each side. There is also a relay in the rear by the ECU that u mentioned. I believe that controls the tail section. The manual tells you how to test them. I will get them tested this week. Thanks Smoke!
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted September 30, 2012 02:44 PM        
Let us know what you find ...

Ignore this member   
Fastest-14

Expert Class
Fastest -14
posted September 30, 2012 05:26 PM        
I sure will Man! Getting it checked out Tuesday when the Kawi shop opens up. Can't be riding around with no headlights.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Headlight Dilemma NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.20509099960327 seconds processing time