HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Jet-Hot 1300 for turbo housing and header? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
woody69

Parking Attendant
Go all out or go home!
posted August 18, 2012 02:05 PM        
Jet-Hot 1300 for turbo housing and header?

hey guys!

New to the forum,

i have a powder coating shop and a buddy of mine drag races his zx-14 (running mid 8's low 9s) and he brought me his exhaust system and turbo housing to do(havent done any exhausts all frames, a arms and swing arms, and show car parts). my question is if the Jet-Hot 1300 would be sufficient for this application? he wanted chrome is why im stuck on the 1300.

or should i go to a 2000 or 2500? im not exactly sure on the temps the turbo housing and header are exposed to, im a motocross and quad guy not into the street bikes so much let alone this beast lol

its more for looks then anything else, and i want it to last. i live in Canada so he only drags 5 months of the year.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 18, 2012 02:24 PM        
I had my turbo Jet hot coated with the silver ( not the chrome look ) coating and it held up just fine .. I had the header , turbo housing and dump pipe done .. I was told it may not hold up and that the black Jet hot coating would be a better deal .. I believe the black has a much higher temp rating that the silver ?

Ignore this member   
Lsantana954

Expert Class
posted August 18, 2012 02:28 PM        
ive had the flat black coating on my grand nationals turbo and manifolds going on 2 years and its held up just fine.
'87 Buick Grand National

Ignore this member   
woody69

Parking Attendant
Go all out or go home!
posted August 18, 2012 04:05 PM        
ok do you know if it was the 1300 or not?

black comes in 1300, 2000, and 2500. if i was going to use black i would go straight up for the black 2500 and be confident it would withstand the heat, but hes pretty set on the chrome/polished look and it only comes in the 1300.

1300 just means it can withstand skin temp of 1300F. and so on with the 2000 and the 2500

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted August 18, 2012 08:09 PM        
I got a brocks ct meg ceramic coated black. I was told that the coating was good for 1500 degrees which the header will never see. My guess is you would be safe at 1300 degrees with your turbo. Posted a few pics so you could see what it looks like.

Ignore this member   
zixxer14

Pro
Damn that was Quick
posted August 18, 2012 08:14 PM        
Looks nice, what rear tire is that?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zixxer14's homepage. 
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted August 18, 2012 08:19 PM        
I've had the 1300 on my ZRX headers, exhaust & dump pipe for 5 years and it's held up great. I just shot my turbo housing with ceramic hi-temp silver and it's okay but not anything like the Jet Hot.
Dan

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted August 18, 2012 08:27 PM        
Zixxer it's the stock Metzler. I think they call it the M5. Not bad but I'm switching back to Michelin when it's shot

Ignore this member   
woody69

Parking Attendant
Go all out or go home!
posted August 18, 2012 09:20 PM        
oldkawboy that looks great, once the powder gets here and i get it done up ill post up some pics. thanks alot for the help guys!
  Ignore this member   
CCPcoatingscom

Parking Attendant
posted August 19, 2012 12:09 PM        Edited By: CCPcoatingscom on 19 Aug 2012 19:15
RE: Ceramic Coating Turbo's and Headers

quote:
hey guys!

New to the forum,

i have a powder coating shop and a buddy of mine drag races his zx-14 (running mid 8's low 9s) and he brought me his exhaust system and turbo housing to do(havent done any exhausts all frames, a arms and swing arms, and show car parts). my question is if the Jet-Hot 1300 would be sufficient for this application? he wanted chrome is why im stuck on the 1300.

or should i go to a 2000 or 2500? im not exactly sure on the temps the turbo housing and header are exposed to, im a motocross and quad guy not into the street bikes so much let alone this beast lol

its more for looks then anything else, and i want it to last. i live in Canada so he only drags 5 months of the year.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hello:

When you say turbo, I’m assuming you are referring to the turbine side (hot side). As a general rule, you don’t want to use traditional Bright Ceramic Coating on the hot side of any turbo application. Turbo temps exceed the safe operating temp of this type of Ceramic Coating which is about 1100F metal temp and 1300F-1700F EGT.

Depending on the application i.e. race vs street, motorcycles tend to be the exception to this rule (pro street bike below). Due in part to either limited run time (drag bike) or a combination of limited time on boost and a good supply of in coming air to keep everything cool (street bike). Bright Ceramic Coating on most auto applications leads to a very quick demise if they’re run hard (see below). For most turbo apps we recommend a High Temp Ceramic Coating that is good for 2000F+. These materials can be run red hot and return back to color.

As for the compressor side of the turbo you can use any traditional powder coating or paint as it won’t get hot enough to cause a problem.

Hope this helps,
CCPcoatings

Failed Turbo Header

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 19, 2012 01:03 PM        
woody69 first post and then we get spammed by ccpcoatings guy ? Set up or what ?

Ignore this member   
eklipse636

Needs a life
ZX-14
posted August 19, 2012 01:41 PM        
Is that spam or is he just giving info. He didn't try and sell anything. He showed some pics of headers that were not done with correct coating

Ignore this member   
CCPcoatingscom

Parking Attendant
posted August 19, 2012 01:44 PM        Edited By: CCPcoatingscom on 19 Aug 2012 20:46
quote:
woody69 first post and then we get spammed by ccpcoatings guy ? Set up or what ?

WOW. I guess we can’t get anything past you. You brilliantly uncovered an International plot in which the US and Canadian Governments conspired on a secret mission to halt the rampant misuse of improper Ceramic Coatings on motorcycle turbo systems. Apparently the most efficient way to get the message out to the world was by responding to ONE person at a time in a motorcycle forum. You’re a genius, perhaps you could consult on our bigger scale marketing programs when we target TWO people……

Someone asked a tech question and we offered assistance. In that we've been doing it for close to 15 years we're more than a bit familiar with the process. If thats spam, we need to do a better job.....

Ignore this member   
shotgun

Novice Class
posted August 19, 2012 02:49 PM        
dammit boy...

smoked.

carry on.

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 19, 2012 03:33 PM        Edited By: smokinZX14 on 19 Aug 2012 22:39
quote:
quote:

WOW. I guess we can’t get anything past you. You brilliantly uncovered an International plot in which the US and Canadian Governments conspired on a secret mission to halt the rampant misuse of improper Ceramic Coatings on motorcycle turbo systems. Apparently the most efficient way to get the message out to the world was by responding to ONE person at a time in a motorcycle forum. You’re a genius, perhaps you could consult on our bigger scale marketing programs when we target TWO people……

Someone asked a tech question and we offered assistance. In that we've been doing it for close to 15 years we're more than a bit familiar with the process. If thats spam, we need to do a better job.....
Yes you got the job done, seeing you just posted on the largest zx14 site in the world .. And that didn't cost you one thin dime ...Maybe you should think about becoming a sponsor ? With as many members as we have you might make some money ..13,900 members and many more that are not members , how could you go wrong ?

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted August 19, 2012 08:29 PM        
quote:
when woody posted I didn't want to say it but I will now SPAM lol you guys need to contact Fish Antlers like the rest of the venders here

wee

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted August 19, 2012 08:46 PM        
both of you guys are logged in right now, just a coincidence? lol I dont think so.

wee

Ignore this member   
CCPcoatingscom

Parking Attendant
posted August 19, 2012 09:45 PM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes you got the job done, seeing you just posted on the largest zx14 site in the world .. And that didn't cost you one thin dime ...Maybe you should think about becoming a sponsor ? With as many members as we have you might make some money ..13,900 members and many more that are not members , how could you go wrong ?

It sounds intriguing, though I have no idea about your forum or whether the demographics of it are even related to our services, but its worth looking into. On the other hand I’d have serious concerns over the forums content based on the severe paranoia exhibited by those like “Little Wee Willy”. What kind of conspiracies are you looking for? Is this a common occurrence for you here? How much free time does “Little Wee Willy” have to think that someone would bother to “conspire” to create such a lame post? I would think if someone was actually looking for some substantive advertising via spanning, that they would actually make some effort to ADVERTISE….

No offense, but I never heard of your forum or the original poster before responding. The only reason we know of it and many other obscure sites is because we have a service that notifies us of anything related to Ceramic Coating on the web via blogs, social media, forums, etc, (see below). At which point If the content is of a technical nature relative to the field, we assist where we can. This is done for the sole purpose maintaining technical credibility and relevance relative to the topic at hand via google and many other search engines standings. I assure you the time and effort of so called half-ass “spamming” 3 people in a forum to become rich is not on my to do list, nor would it be very successful.

JetHot 1300 for turbo housing and header ZX14com
I had my turbo Jet hot coated with the silver not the chrome look coating and it held up just fine I had the header turbo housing and dump pipe done I was ...
www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?TID=69083...27

The 8″ Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non ...
Utilizes an ultra-safe ceramic coating derived from nature which is 100% PTFE ... Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating as found in nature (no ...
ceramiccookwaresale.com/.../the-8-green-earth-frying-pan-by-...

Jet Hot Coating - SuperTrapp Industries Support Forums
Thinking about having my VRSCX VROD V5 (528-71134) jet hot ceramic coated. I have used them before on other pipes including previous ST pipes ...
forums.supertrapp.com/showthread.php?p=8321

Ignore this member   
shotgun

Novice Class
posted August 20, 2012 04:54 AM        
Whoa.
Easy Pardna'.
So,as I'm reading it,you're the hired gun for some coatings company and you respond to information provided by the great Google algorithms in the sky. Cool.
Prolly set at the house in your drawers and get paid like Trump. Cool.
I thought your first riposte was funny,good wit and all that.
Now,your just being pissy.
Sign your outfit up as a sponsor or just let the site return to it's anonymity as you stated.
I'd be curious as to what your employer's think of your representation concerning their image as posted here.
Go joust with some people that give a rat's ass,we dig bikes here.
Out.

Ignore this member   
Wheelie

Needs a life
Old Man
posted August 20, 2012 06:12 AM        
I need a 6 into 1 motorcycle header powder coated silver, how much?

wee

Ignore this member   
CCPcoatingscom

Parking Attendant
posted August 20, 2012 08:11 AM        
quote:
Whoa.
Easy Pardna'.
So,as I'm reading it,you're the hired gun for some coatings company and you respond to information provided by the great Google algorithms in the sky. Cool.
Sign your outfit up as a sponsor or just let the site return to it's anonymity as you stated.
I'd be curious as to what your employer's think of your representation concerning their image as posted here.
Out.

No hired guns, I own the company. So yes, I fully support the image. As for bikes we dig them as well, hence the reason we support a local Pro Street bike and many others.

With regards to jousting, who started what? We responded to a tech question with ZERO solicitation, and then someone envisions an international spam conspiracy. You seriously think that’s going to be ignored, lol…..

Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted August 20, 2012 08:26 AM        
quote:
quote:
Whoa.
Easy Pardna'.
Out.

No hired guns, I own the company. So yes, I fully support the image. As for bikes we dig them as well, hence the reason we support a local Pro Street bike and many others.

With regards to jousting, who started what? We responded to a tech question with ZERO solicitation, and then someone envisions an international spam conspiracy. You seriously think that’s going to be ignored, lol…..

I took a look at your website , very nice .. Lot of guys here have things they want coated .. If you were a Sponsor i believe you could make some money here .. Get with Fish ( the owner) and see what the cost for a banner and a link to your website would cost .. Give it a try for a trail and see what happens ..A lot of our members are from up north and may be looking for a good coater .. The one we have here in FL flat out sucks so we have to send our stuff out to get it done right ..

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Jet-Hot 1300 for turbo housing and header? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.732203006744 seconds processing time