HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Picked up a repo B-King today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
KoflaOlivieri

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2012 06:16 PM        
quote:
In the USA yes one year .. But they still sell it overseas ..Just like the ZRX1200 ..

True, they still look hedious, lol
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/first-look-2010-suzuki-b-king-gets-attractive-new-color-scheme-ar85398.html
1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1974 Kawasaki H2 750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750

Ignore this member    Click here to visit KoflaOlivieri's homepage. 
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 04, 2012 07:17 PM        
OK It sits perfect with the 98 ZX9R dogbones. 3 inches out of the rear and I slid down the forks for 1" inch lower in the front. I am going to try and fit a strap to the front for the track tomorrow but it is way eaiser to launch now. pic of it as it sits now.

I have the 2" inches of sag in the shock. Thinking 4 clicks on compression and 2 clicks on rebound. I still need to adjust the chain and was amazed at the wheelbase. It's longer than a Busa, 61" inches before I adjusted the slack out of the chain.

I read that the way they cut the power back is to shut the primary injectors off at 8K RPM and just run off the secondary set. I am going to try an 09 Busa ECU on it and see what happens. I will send mine to Boostbysmith and have all the not need stuff flashed out of it. As far as the exhaust goes all of that will be gone. It is going to have a Turbo with a dump pipe.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 05, 2012 07:34 PM        Edited By: Big_T112 on 6 Jul 2012 03:40
Ok just got back home. rode the bike to the track made several passes and got all I could out of it without frying the clutch anymore than I had to. I was able to get a friend to download the software from ECUeditor.com and flash out all of the "I dont want you to hurt yourself" stuff that Suzuki put in the computer. Seems the Busa, B-King and the newer 1000 use the same hardware for flashing. It's too high tech for me but the bike is no longer limited and he raised the rev limit to 11,200. It is a beast now and runs so much better. I think he turned the O2 closed loop off also? I also found a strap and put it on the bike. I got there early so I could get a good spot and eat a Hotdog with my 20 oz. Diet Mt Dew. pic

After a couple of take it easy and see what it is going to do runs people started coming over to look at it. I was told that the tire was squaling going down the track and got worse when I changed gears. So this is when I let the tire pressure down from 41 psi to 24 psi.
curious onlookers

You really had to ride the clutch even lowered. It would come up in second now with the new ECU flash so I had to adjust my style of riding. The bike is longer than most stock bikes. There was a Kawasaki Z1000 there with some Two Brothers slipon's and stock heigth. He was going 6.80's to my low 6.20's. It must have been a newer one, It was sharp with candy orange/black and silver colors. He said he was going to lower his two inches. You could clearly see the wheelbase was much longer on the B-king. there was a bunch of pesky GSXR1000's. The 05-06 models are the best to get. Stick an 01-04 trans. in them and they will fly.
B-King in a see of 1000's

I was able to improve some on my time. The best I got was around dusk. 6.13 @ 115 mph. I never could best this time without doing the clutch in. so I stopped with that. The slip shows me on the right and the Z1000 on the left.

It was a blast to ride and had a lot of fun. You had to slide the clutch like a mad man to get a good 60 ft.. I bet it's got some dicolored steel plates in it now. Oh yea.... If you try to rake all the rubber from underneath the tail section on a B-King DON"T. Thats the muffler!!! now i have a blister on my finger.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted July 05, 2012 07:46 PM        
on the left hand side right above the stator is a can .. emission or tool kit ..

Ignore this member   
ambull

Expert Class
posted July 05, 2012 07:49 PM        
Damn good time for the b-king.Think maybe I need to do the same to mine that you did.Glad it went good for you!Great 60 ft.Need to talk to you sometime!Good job.How much you weigh.
  Ignore this member   
smokinZX14

Needs a life
posted July 05, 2012 07:49 PM        
Very nice numbers Big T ... Makes me want one even more .. Ditch the dog rockets and it will look Very cool .. I bet you can get that into the 5s with a good pipe ..Save the turbo for some other bike ..

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 05, 2012 07:51 PM        
I really dont know. I didn't see a tool kit under the seat and the tailsection has no storage. I guess I need to get the manual out and see. Whatever it is it needs to come off.
  Ignore this member   
ambull

Expert Class
posted July 05, 2012 07:55 PM        
It is something to do with the gas cap for emissions.As they are California models.The ones in canada or overseas do not have them on them!

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 05, 2012 08:14 PM        
Smokin I think you are right. Of all the people that looked at it tonight , not one person liked the stock Exhaust. I wish I could have had one of those old Hotrod flame throwers to throw fire out of the two pipes as it went down the track. A Brocks AH, filter and the airbox mod with some Dyno time and I don't see any reason it should not go into the 5's. But in all fairness to other bikes it is damn near 62 inch wheelbase.. So you have to take that into account. Agian. that burning rubber smell from the bike is actually burning rubber from the burnout box. Thats sa muffler not an undetail and it is HOT!!! blister on tip of finger

Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted July 06, 2012 03:59 AM        
With a set of pipes and the air box mod that the bking likes and you would go 5's which is pretty impresssive because 62 inches is a short bike at most tracks.
  Ignore this member   
Newf14

Zone Head
2007 ZX1400
posted July 06, 2012 05:06 AM        
I put a Brocks short meg on my buddys B King what a difference gettin rid of that big exhaust. You wouldent believe the crap that comes off with the exhaust. I also installed the brocks clutch mod on her and the PCIII. Put a set of extensions on her adjustable lowering links and a strap kit as well.....

Newf14

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 06, 2012 05:08 AM        
Yea you don't see many stock wheelbase bikes at the track anymore around here. I don't think the clutch could take much more abuse than I gave it last night.
  Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 06, 2012 05:16 AM        
Newf14 what did you do about the taillight? It is mounted to that stupid plastic piece hanging down in the back? It's not actually mounted in the tailsection like most bikes.
  Ignore this member   
Newf14

Zone Head
2007 ZX1400
posted July 06, 2012 06:15 AM        
quote:
Newf14 what did you do about the taillight? It is mounted to that stupid plastic piece hanging down in the back? It's not actually mounted in the tailsection like most bikes.

I think he baught an aftermarket peice for it, Ill get the particulars on it for you.

Newf14

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted July 06, 2012 08:58 AM        Edited By: BLK ICE on 6 Jul 2012 17:02
nice e/t
how much do you weigh?
Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 06, 2012 09:18 AM        
197 suited. I hover around the 200 mark these days. Reminds me of my old motocross days on my KX250/500 coming off of the starting line. I have not abused a clutch like that in a long time. newf14 I would like to know because when I put the Turbo kit on it all that junk in the back will be gone.
  Ignore this member   
Newf14

Zone Head
2007 ZX1400
posted July 06, 2012 12:08 PM        
Here are the sites he used
http://www.whaccessories.com/Suzuki-B-King.htm
http://www.rf-biketech.com/shop/index.php?cat=c43_B-King.html

He said to expect a waite to get the peices.

Newf14

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 06, 2012 08:35 PM        
Newf14 thanks for the site info. Well went ahead and performed the airbox mod and took a few pics of the process. First there is no ram air. The bike sucks air through two 1.5 inch tubes about 4 inches long with some kind of bottles attached to them on the inside of the airbox in the lid. Do any of you know what they could be for????
airbox

inside pic of the stock airbox lid with the little white bottles attached. These are in the lid above the airfilter.....Boost bottles????
inside pic of lide with white bottles attached to small tubes.

With the airbox removed you can see that it is no more than a Busa motor in a different frame. Question? Why do people not remove the secondary butterflies in the Suzuki motors. I was told by a Dyno guy that it hurts the Suzuki motor to take them out. I have no proof. He said the reason was the power delivery would be to harsh. Is that not what we want??
TB's with plates still in though I may pull them and try it. I can always put them back.

Couple of pics of the airbox on the bike. the tubes face strait down almost

I went ahead and freehand cut the lid for the 2.5 inch 1K velocity stacks. I used black RTV to seal them and give a little extra support. They fit well. pic was before RTV.
finished box.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 07, 2012 04:49 PM        
The white plastic bottles are sound deadners.
  Ignore this member   
Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted July 07, 2012 07:51 PM        
I did that air box mod on mine when I had it and on the street it helped alot, was a different bike after that.
  Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 08, 2012 08:46 AM        
I can tell a difference. Going to the old lock 7 road today where they streetrace on a dead end road. Cops don't mind and there is a big crowd on Sundays. Hopefully some short wheelbase bikes will be there to run. I will snap some pics.
  Ignore this member   
ambull

Expert Class
posted July 08, 2012 12:01 PM        
Sound's like a lot of fun!

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 08, 2012 06:48 PM        
Well I did get to ride half way there and all the way back in one of those afternoon monsoon thunderstorms. sucked.
  Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted July 09, 2012 01:37 PM        
Looks like a nice bike for a great deal. Stock exhaust is got to go. Area P makes a nice looking single slip on or the Yoshi look great. I rode one with the Two Brothers slip on and it was wayy to loud.

Ignore this member   
Big_T112

Pro
posted July 10, 2012 08:34 AM        
If I was going to put an exhaust on the B-King I would have to do the AH from Brock's. I do not like the undertail exhaust at all but since I am going to go with a simple stage 1 turbo system it will just have a dump pipe at the front. I guess I can fab up some kind of light for the back since all that stuff is on the plastic fender. May try to mold in a flush light from another bike,
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX-14.com > Thread: Picked up a repo B-King today NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24790906906128 seconds processing time